BUCA

www.bucadibeppo.com
Profile Unclaimed

Friendly place to work - not much room to grow.

I have been working at BUCA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic food!
    Staff and management in store all work together.
    OK benefits - health insurance is decent for managers; different for part-time staff.

Cons

Corporate doesn't ask those in the real-world situations to evaluate, and makes changes anyway. Cannot negotiate PTO days in considering a position with the company - "take what we offer" is the only option.

Check with those in the restaurants if things are working or not before making drastic changes.

Best place to work

Current Employee - Hostess in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Hostess in Florence, KY

I have been working at BUCA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

everyone is friendly, good discount on the food, management treats you like family. they help you advance within the company if you want to, they're there to help you whenever you need. the regulars always remember you.

Cons

pay is decent but could be higher, open everyday of the year and hard to request holidays off.

offer promotions and pay raises to employees who work hard and show improvement rather than just to people with more experience.

Soul crushing.

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at BUCA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Upon initial hire you feel like you are being well trained, with average pay, with good benefits. Some stores are excellent and professional, unfortunately I was not at one of them.

Cons

Culture revolves around high turnover at all in-store positions.

I was hired the same month as a member of the opposite sex, for the exact same position, by the same person, for a different location. The other hire was completely unprofessional and had no management experience. They were mouthy about their compensation, so I found out that it was several thousand more than my own.

Completely inept boss barely worked 30 hours per week and did none of what was expected of him. While his staff was expected to work 12+ hour days each day they worked, and to cover all of his expected tasks. (Scheduling, staff management, inventory, finance reporting.) Higher up management knew of this and brushed it off.

No consistency with scheduling and planning. Since there was so much turnover, long term employees always had to work even when they did not want to. Most of the time hiring was happening for all positions, including top store management. No support from upper management to better manage the store.

Working there was a life changing experience. My faith in the good of others was shot. I now know how companies like this approach ethical issues and I am disgusted by them.

If you send new hire management through months of ethics training, perhaps they should not be completely dismissed when reporting several acts of misconduct amongst staff. I found out later that some acts were never documented or reported to corporate.

Cheap company with inept management

Current Employee - Host
    Current Employee - Host

I have been working at BUCA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free soft drinks (only from tiny cups though, God forbid an employee should have a perk)

Cons

Insane corporate structure, scatterbrained management that completely disregards employees' scheduling needs, no chance of advancement (especially for women), no break whatsoever when I worked for 11 hours on a major holiday, lack of hours, sexual harassment, terrible training program, employees get a 50 percent discount on food the days they work, but you are not allowed to take the leftovers home

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at BUCA full-time

Pros

Great bosses they value their employees. Have the opportunity to advance within the company.

Cons

The hours can be a little overwhelming some days.

Corporate Work Environment

Former Employee - Server in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Pasadena, CA

I worked at BUCA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent training, consistent business usually

Cons

Limited amount of growth, management is usually very strict and corporate like, limited amount of money achievable.

Server

Current Employee - Bartender/Server in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender/Server in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BUCA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment. Good management and friendly co-workers

Cons

Open 365 days a year!

Good tips

Current Employee - Host in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Host in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at BUCA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, nice base hourly rate, costumers give good tips.

Cons

It is very demanding. Some of the servers don't keep up with their work, leaving job behind for the host, while the servers keep the tips.

waitress

Current Employee - Waitress in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Waitress in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at BUCA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

coolest co workers, immediate cash, sick leave.

Cons

Long hours, no more auto-gratuity on parties of 8 or more, being forced to work on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, ect.) Large corporate company that can't afford to supply uniforms, but make the servers buy the expensive white dress shirts that they make you wear in an ITALIAN restaurant that serves MARINARA AND WINE, and make them take them to the dry cleaners. Having to shove stupid promotions down people's throats while they are trying to enjoy their meal. You're just a number.

Get it together.

buca

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at BUCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

buca has a decent vacation package

Cons

salary, corporate, lack of communication