BW Shipping Pte

Updated Nov 15, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

BW Shipping review

Navigating Officer (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at BW Shipping Pte full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is one of best shipping company to work with.The salary is really very high and one gets opportunity to work with the very well trained officers and crew members.The shore management provides very cordial support to all the needs of seagoing officers.

ConsThe career growth is very slow in this company.It takes very long time at every rank to get promoted to senior rank.The multicultural work force may be problematic for people who are not accustomed to live with them.

A professional organisation, managed by some very competent senior management.

Master Mariner (Ship Captain) (Current Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at BW Shipping Pte full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBrilliant learning experience. The company provides you numerous opportunities to enhance your professional knowledge through courses and seminars.

ConsThe recent changes at the organisation have allowed many new senior management to take charge of key functions. This has changed the way the company worked and there has been a somewhat steady decline in the quality of management at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management need to focus more on cost optimisation.

One of the best private shipping companies in market today.

Third Engineering Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at BW Shipping Pte as a contractor

ProsOne of the best pay masters and good ethics. Good fleet of ships with decent variety,viz, oil tankers both vlcc's and products ( black and white oils), large bulkers , and gas tankers.
Promotions are almost on time and good working culture as well. Most of the early day autocratic thinking people have been phased out.

ConsSign-on and sing-on on products due to logistics is an issue but better planning could certainly help.
Few ships are still to get internet connectivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter sign-on -sing-off planning would help people a lot.

A stable gas shipping company that supplies the whole world with our highest standard and zero accident .

BOSUN/BOATSWAIN (Current Employee)
Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at BW Shipping Pte as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsThey have the highest quality standard regarding to safety on board

ConsIt took too long to wait for your next line -up unless.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management MUST also look and hear the needs of their 'Ratings [crew]' especially the senior ratings like Bosuns about benefits,health cards, and salaries...

benifits to the employee and families is quite satisfactory.

Buson/Crane Operator (Current Employee)
Ciudad del Carmen (Mexico)

I have been working at BW Shipping Pte full-time for more than 5 years

Prosalways updated in all aspects specially, financial crises assistance.

Consnothng to say this time.

Advice to Senior Managementhoping to get more updated in new projects.and hoping to keep up the high morale to all BW employees by increasing individual salaries in the future ahead.

Been with BW for 10 yrs now - Earlier as Bergesen dy ASA. Bergesen Worldwide after the Merger

Second Officer (Current Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I have been working at BW Shipping Pte as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsBW or Bergesen Worldwide is an owning Company & being so the Staff incld. the sailing staff are treated well. Onboard the Saftey aspect of all operations are paramount & not just on paper. BW has got a Fleet of Gas Tankers (LPG - LNG - Other) , Oil Tankers & Product Tankers. Its a very stable company & a reliable company to work for

ConsThe only con i have observed over the years is the fact that Promotions to senior ranks are very slow . One reason for that being that the company is very serious about safety & rank Matrix requirements. th ereason being the fact that BW has a high Retention rate amongst its Employees. Salary was a bit less compared to other companies until a few years back but recently they have caught up.

Advice to Senior ManagementFaster Promotions, Loyalty Bonus to staff who have been with the company for long - as an incentive / appreciation, Inhouse recruiting for shore jobs are just some of the apsects that I think the company management can look into.

Worked for BW Shipping Pte? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BW Shipping Pte reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by BW Shipping Pte employees.