Badgeville

3.4

Jon Shalowitz
1 Rating

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Just had a great quarter. Moved into a new office with great downtown location

Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Badgeville full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible when it comes to work; as long as the deadlines are met youre free to do as you please. They have a foosball table, ping pong table, and a giant kitchen that always has lots of food and drinks, not to mention providing lunch Monday Wednesday and Friday , caltrain rides, and a gym membership. New CEO has made sure we are all on the same page with all-hands meetings and lunch announcements. Honestly, despite the tough transition period the last few quarters I feel better now about the company and the product after talking with other departments and seeing their confidence as well. We just signed some big customers Amex, CDW and Walgreens last quarter and are going after new customers in different verticals, and promotions were handed out as well. Good to know some of the uncertainty is shedded now that we are in land and expand mode. The new office is great and easy to commute from caltrain. The previous office was in more of an isolated corporate complex, and this place definitely gives us a start-up edgy feel. I just like the fact that its easier to meet people at a coffee shop within walking distance.

Cons

Sometimes hours are long and a bit demanding. The environment definitely reflects the company, still trying to put some processes together. There are no cubicles or separate spaces so sometimes it might be a bit loud for someone sensitive to noise.

theres never a problem with over-communicating and getting everybody on the same page, always always keep the employees, staff in a loop.

companies different now, some of these reviews are outdated

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Badgeville full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From what I can see, these earlier reviews are under Comee and Duggan, NOT for Shalowitz. I mean it’s true, there were days during the transition where I’d go home wondering what this place was thinking, but it was actually a HUGE relief when things settled down around here after the cutbacks. I personally would never say “stay away for now” like one review states, but I would understand where they are coming from having been in a RIF myself. I think we seem to have a solid direction to stick to, since I know what I need to do on a daily basis and customers are still here, prospects still taking my phone calls, etc. Before we used to be really ambitious but obviously from the other reviews you can see what that got.

Gotta be friendly to work here, and haven't met anyone thats sourpuss at all, which beats my last company. People that are here today look like they want to stay and ride together. Perks are pretty good (provided lunch, gym membership, big kitchen)

Cons

Sometimes the game area is a distraction and between that and frequent meetings it’s no wonder why some people work long hours. The office can also get really quiet (probably different when we move, this space used to be a bio lab or something). Bring a jacket too, A/C doesnt ever let up.

too early to tell, only been a few months. But we definitely need to see some hustle on interviewing and recruiting more new hires on the accounts side to follow up and work on closing.

Great opportunities to learn lots

Current Employee - Intern in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Badgeville as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Free Delicious Meals, Great Management, Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Everyone wants to have ownership of too much. Some of the employees need to learn to delegate or trust others to do their jobs instead of a "I must do everything myself" attitude.

Emerging Company with Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Badgeville full-time

Pros

Having worked at several start-ups in my career, it is very refreshing to bee part of a company with a clear vision for growth. Over the past 6 months there have been many changes that are now starting to show strong returns towards both company and revenue growth.

The management team routinely encourages feedback from all lines of business and ensures that the company is run with complete transparency...

Badgville offers a great work culture and ensures that employees are rewarded for their hard work.

Our core product is built to drive behavior through "Gamifacation"... And we ensure that our culture reflects the premise that work should be FUN!

Cons

This is still a emerging space and there are always growing pains when you are the definitive leader in new market.

Continued focus on corporate growth and overall culture. Love the 3 Days a week lunch program!

Badgeville Photos