Bag Borrow or Steal

Add Photos

Russell Blain

Great freelancing opportunity.

Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsFlexible scheduling. Fun, interesting design assignments.

ConsAlthough you get a few days to complete projects you are expected to submit fixes and updates to files with a rather quick turn around time.

Challenging, fast-paced work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBusiness model, including different revenue streams.
    Co-workers.
    Located in downtown Seattle.

ConsReduced work staff.
    Working at a start-up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more pro-active with regards to upcoming trends.
    Find a way to resolve customers' issues in a more timely manner.

Not good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat location. Employee discount is nice. Health coverage is pretty good considering.

ConsFailing company. I honestly have no idea how this place still exists? There is no room for growth or pay increases. They will continue to change your title and give you more jobs to do and laugh in your face when you ask for a raise or a new title to reflect your current job. Management belittles you and they REALLY think they are pretty darn cool... too cool for their employees, who are the ones who do all of the real work. My advice: do not work here, even if you are desperate. I would rather work at a department store like Nordstrom and get commission on my work. Besides, who knows how much longer this place will be around anyways.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis place needs to be gutted. The culture will never be fixed, unless you gut everyone and start over.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

(Former Employee)

ProsDiscount, location, easy commute if you live in Seattle which is one thing I loved - being so close and living in such a beautiful city.

ConsMicromanaging. No flexibility anymore (used to be but of course like with everything else they keep taking more away). No room for growth. Full of liars and dishonest fake people. Management tries to "sell" employees that the company is going to grow and "big" things are happening, when the reality is the company is hurting badly for money. The only reason why this place is still around is because investors keep putting in chunks of money. Negative morale. Dogs run around the office and poop everywhere, bark and bite at the mail man every day. Unprofessional office, dress, attitude and manners by staff. Awful management. NO Job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose up shop already and stop wasting investors money and time. This place is far beyond repair and would take gutting the whole entire staff to turn it around. I think this company is cursed.

Horrible place to work. Avoid at all costs.

(Former Employee)

ProsEmployee discounts, pretty flexible, office is in a good location.

ConsNo room for growth. Morale is in the tanks. Pay is poor. Micromanaging style. Upper management treats employees like they are not important. People have arrogant attitudes. Office atmosphere is negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers set the tone for a company, get better leadership. Pay your employees better, they are the only reason why this company is still around.

No room for growth, poor comp, failing company

Member Inventiory Sourcing (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Proshandbags are cool, able to work remote sometimes, lots of PTO

Consbad mgmt team who is super elitist. They pay the leadership team members over 6 figures but everyone else makes 40k or less, customer service makes btwn $12-15 per hour and those at the warehouse in WI even less.

Advice to Senior Managementclose up shop already and stop wasting your investors money.

Great to work for!!!!

Customer Service (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFun environment and in a nice office

ConsRoom for advancement and the neighborhood is scary at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great

This company has gone downhill.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and fashion designers. Customers are great. New business format and pricing model is really unique. If they got new leadership and new investors, could be a great place to work.

ConsThere used to be a strong group of very experienced and talented leaders from places like Nordstrom and Blue Nile. Now they have all left. It's currently run by a CFO-for hire who has no fashion experience. There is also a lack of integrity among both the investors and management.

Worked for Bag Borrow or Steal? Contribute to the Community!