Bain Capital

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat training and development at Bain Capital

ConsAt Bain Capital, negatives are nowhere to be found

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Competitive compensation within hierarchical organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCompetitive pay. Philanthropic opportunities. Great office. Decent work-life balance.

ConsNon deal personnel often treated as second class citizens. Minimal leadership on key organizational objectives. Homogenous staff given recruitment tactics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan beyond the quarter. Seek ideas on organizational improvement.

Executive Assistant

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Pros- Well respected company in the Boston area so after many years of experience at the firm, recruiters knew I had the developed the skills necessary to succeed in any future role.
    - Competitive benefits which included daily catered subsidized meals and beautiful on-site gym with beautiful views of the city.

Cons- It's a company that doesn't sleep so balancing work/life was tough in an ever changing environment. In most cases, 3am emails will be answered.
    - Room for career growth is very limited for assistants. If you are hired as an assistant, you are likely to stay an assistant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to start finance career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to work everyday with extremely smart and motivated colleagues.
    Fast paced work environment.
    Great place to learn the fundamentals of PE due diligence and investing.
    Nice offices with good perks (cafeteria, gym, etc.).

ConsLots of hierarchy (think meetings for meetings).
    Challenging work / life balance, but no more so than other finance jobs.
    Career path is up / out like all professional service firms with its inherent pros & cons.

Strong company with great leadership

ProsSmart people, great culture, fast paced with good investment in training staff

ConsNot much opportunity for non-deal side staff

Investment analyst

Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat people, culture of hard work and vigorous debate, and collegial environment. The firm does not take itself overly seriously. I began my career here and have no regrets. Overall, this is an excellent place to work and I would highly recommend it.

ConsWork can be, at times, all consuming for junior people. Sometimes there is not really an appreciation for work-life balance. This is to be expected in the industry and certainly it is no worse here than at many other places. The experience and learning are worth it.

Excellent company, smartest people to work with and phenomenal benefits!!

ProsGreat learning experience for someone who is starting out their career.

ConsCareer Opportunities tend a hit a ceiling after a point

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the career development of the support staff

Not a lot of growth in non-deal side

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat benefits, beautiful office with gym. Can be fast at times. Able to learn about diverse investment methods. Have made an effort toward more responsible investing.

ConsFor non-deal staff it is extremely difficult to move up. Because of this there is a "know your place" vibe. Tuition reimbursement is limited and comes with restrictive conditions for those not hired in a "pre-B" track. If that's what you're looking for, make sure to discuss that concretely before being hired. They hire a ton of Ivy graduates, that though they may be smart, lack common sense and self-awareness. This can be a frustrating to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand your horizons, there's often great potential in non-traditional places.

Perfect early in career. Good people, good pay and amazing perks.

Finance Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThis is my second job early in my career and am very happy. The pay and benefits are great. The office is beautiful. All the people I work with are really down to earth and understanding. I could see myself being here for a few years or for a couple decades. It all depends on the promotion track. Otherwise I have no intentions of leaving at the moment.

ConsPolitical like most companies are and a very structured promotion schedule.

Bain Capital company review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed the type of work being done at that level. Gave access to several different things going on and a vast amount of knowledge in different areas.

ConsSometimes long hours but that is to be expected. Not consistently long hours which was nice.

Worked for Bain Capital? Contribute to the Community!