Bain & Company Reviews

Reset
4.6
Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek
Bob Bechek

Pros
  • The company also places a lot of emphasis on professional development as well as work/life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Interesting business problems with some of the biggest companies in the world; great people, great compensation (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is always going to be a challenge given that the industry is client serving (in 104 reviews)

• Long hours/always on call for very trivial tasks -- very inefficient work environment (in 108 reviews)

Great company to work for; challenging lifestyle at times

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think Bain is the best place to start your career. The learning opportunities, responsibility, and executive exposure are unparalleled, and the people who work here are amazing.

Cons

The hours can be challenging, though the firm prioritizes protecting weekends.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, ensure that we are preserving our light hearted, entrepreneurial culture

2. Limited growth opportunity and morale for assistants

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

- You get to work with smart, driven people (on the consulting staff). - The benefits are great overall. - The culture is often fun and inclusive to all "Bainies," not just consultants.

Cons

- Salary is low for EA / MA's compared to that of other high-profile consulting firms. - HR will often look outside of the firm before promoting one of their own, in part so they can low-ball a new hire. - HR tends to micromanage the assistant team.

Amazing place to start your career

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, everyone is so helpful and wants to see you develop professionally. You learn A TON analytically as an Associate Consultant in the first three years that will help you no matter where you go

Cons

Lifestyle isn't for everyone long-term, but it's definitely worth it right out of college

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. An incredible opportunity to learn and grow while being surrounded by some of the smartest people I've met.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bain truly values the concept of work/life balance. The company works to adapt the job to fit your personal needs and there is a mutual respect for this across the business. The training provided to new associate consultants is invaluable and unique in that you meet hundreds of people from across the world. The people are the core element of Bain people. They are inspiring and motivated individuals that constantly push me to be better.

Cons

The biggest challenge of the job is the demanding hours.

6. Interesting work and extremely fun culture

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

Bain provides fantastic colleagues, interesting projects in varied industries, incredible professional development and a strong support structure, not to mention unparalleled exit opportunities. I feel incredibly lucky to be a Bainie.

Cons

The hours can be long at times but that is the nature of client work, plus it balances out throughout the life of a case. At times I wish I had a bit more control over my staffing, but appreciate that I am pushed to try new things.

7. Amazing place accelerate a career

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely high-impact, challenging, and interesting work C-suite access and ability to drive change Amazing training, professional development, support Great people Values align with what is important to me

Cons

Job is intense - sometimes hours can be long

8. Remarkable culture, personal development, and impact

Current Employee - CTL in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CTL in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with smart, passionate people who will inspire and challenge you... this describes both the Bainies and the clients we tend to work with over the long term.

Cons

As much as the firm tries to support flexibility in an effort to make the job more susatinable... hours are long, time off is ratem and your schedule is unpredictable. This is a hard job on families.

9. Still the best place to grow and learn

Current Employee - Vice-President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice-President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic work environment, strong company culture, smart and fun people, access to game-changing work and the resources to deliver that work. Bain still is the best place to be in consulting. Firm is going from strength to strength in its financial performance. The upside of being in an environment with this much growth is you can control for the quality of the projects the firm takes on. As a result, I find myself going from one fascinating challenge to another. Have been at it 10+ years and feel like the learning curve continues to remain steep.

Cons

Consulting is just a hard job - hours, travel and pressure of being in front of a client remain the big challenges in this job. That's not going to be firm dependent, but is the reality of the industry.

10. Amazing experience - real results, great learning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to really make a difference. You get significant responsibility to help tackle your clients most challenging problems. Bain has a very supportive environment where your team, your supervisors and your mentors all care about developing you and helping you build your skills and your career. Also, it is a genuinely fun place to work - at the end of the day, it's the people that make the difference

Cons

The travel can get old at times, but Bain works hard to ensure the overall lifestyle can be sustainable

11. Bain - A challenging, fast paced, collaborative, and rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with the smartest people you will ever meet, solve companies hardest problems, have a real and immediate impact on your clients

Cons

There is no doubt - consulting is demanding and Bain is no exception. You will work very hard and push yourself.

RSS Feed </> Embed