Bain & Company

Bain & Company Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek

Bob Bechek

Pros:
  • "The work culture and work-life balance of teams here is much better than the other organizations I have worked with"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Really interesting work and you're surrounded by great people"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance can be very hard to maintain in this career"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours"
    in 84 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Combination of work and dedicated mentors provides great foundation for any future career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood review system, people/culture are great

ConsLong hours, travel, day-to-day work is not always exciting

best job after undergrad

Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosamazing culture, people development, learn different industries, can transfer to different geos

Conslong hours, hard work, travel every week

Advice to Senior Managementimprove staffing model to create more flexibility

Great place to work with focus on the people

ProsGreat people culture. It is the people who makes this company great
    Challenging work, but fun

ConsNot much to say. The company is very focused on the people and culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose focus on the people

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best job I've ever had

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsI am an Executive Assistant and absolutely love it. There is a tremendous investment on people here at Bain. That's important to feel especially in a support staff role. I feel empowered, encouraged and valued in my role. The work is always changing, and that keeps it fun and exciting. The focus on work life balance is unlike anything I've ever seen for EAs. Also, there are opportunities galore - if you are interested in learning a different industry - be it HR, IT, Recruiting, Marketing, etc, they take those desires seriously and will work to place you in that space.

ConsSecuring conference room space is getting difficult because we are growing so much!

Advice to Senior ManagementI am so impressed with your continuous improvement focus! Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you!

Awesome place to work

ProsOverall great place to work

ConsNo Cons that I can think of

All depends on the particular cases you work on and the partners you work for

ProsSupportive colleagues, opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with clients, interesting cases/adventurous travel, fun firm culture and traditions, excellent benefits.

ConsSome cases are so intense they literally take over your life and you only have time for Bain, firm not flexible in approaches to the work, firm does not allow you to specialize in an industry until the Manager level.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop the generalist model and start transitioning to a specialist model so that Bainies can develop true industry expertise (and not just calling someone an "expert" because he did on case on a related industry 3 years ago). Clients that work with both Bain and competitors recognize this as Bain's main weakness.

Great place

ProsReally interesting work and you're surrounded by great people. Exit opps are as good as they come, but I don't really see any reason to leave. Culture is fun and supportive, and building great relationships is very easy here.

ConsTravel lifestyle is better than some other top firms because of the local staffing model, but still can wear on you. Hours can be grueling but rough patches never last too long.

Great Experience

Legal Temp (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsNice office, smart co-workers, friendly atmosphere, challenging work, good leadership, good work-life balance

ConsReally small cubicles and technology isn't as cutting edge as it should be

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Awesome place to work

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsReally strong training and exit opportunities

ConsDifficult lifestyle, day-to-day work sometimes grueling

Positive atmosphere

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat people to work with, always willing to share and to learn. Bain hires the best available people, and it shows. This company offers an opportunity to work in a worldwide marketplace on many diverse projects. The company atmosphere is extremely fun, with a definite work hard play hard feeling. Bain finds many ways to help in the community as well

ConsHard to set one's self apart with so many talented colleagues.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Bain & Company Videos

Bain & Company – Why Work for Us?

At Bain, we help the world's top leaders solve their toughest challenges. Our work fuels the growth of many industries and positively impacts countless lives. So we select only the most exceptional colleagues with an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bain & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bain & Company CEO Bob Bechek. All 535 reviews posted anonymously by Bain & Company employees.