Bain & Company
www.bain.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Bain & Company Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work culture and work-life balance of teams here is much better than the other organizations I have worked with"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Really interesting work and you're surrounded by great people"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance can be very hard to maintain in this career"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours"
    in 84 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best place to work if consulting for BigCo is your gig...

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsCulture is cult like - if you work hard play hard, this is the place for you
    Compensation is the same as McK & BCG - almost best of breed in consulting
    Nature of work - one of 3 places to do core strategy work.

ConsWork can be demanding, there is pressure to over deliver all the time because the client is paying big bucks, system is not set up to make you successful - you have to do that yourself - but they will give you the training, tools, etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementAll in all management is doing a great job to preserve the culture and stay connected with alums. Keep it up.

Worthwhile, but not as good as advertised.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPeople are really fun. It's a laidback, fun atmosphere. The culture is very collegial and people enjoy being around each other.

ConsThe work can be dull, and you find yourself wondering what you're actually doing for companies. It can be frustrating at times.

Amazing firm

Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsBain is truly an amazing firm - the people are some of the brightest, kindest, and most fun I have ever met.

ConsIt can be a bit unforgiving and overwhelming if you aren't a strong performer. But there is lots of coaching to help you "get it".

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get rid of on-site travel 4 days/week. It is expensive for the client, demoralizing for the team, and does not add incremental value beyond the first two weeks (to meet the client) and then again for presentations. If needed, partners and senior managers should "take the hit" of travel more than ACs and Consultants. In the world of videoconferencing, it is better for sanity and cost to stay near home office.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best place to work

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Pros-the best culture I can imagine
    -travel is so much less than competition
    -people above you actually care about you and the person you are, not just the work you do
    -everyone in the office is so helpful. Always

Cons-hours can be long, but come on, you're a consultant, and they are really not that bad
    -sometimes stress can get high around deadlines

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let anything happen to the great culture we have

An excellent job out of college to grow basic business skills and intuition

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat culture, very helpful colleagues, challenging work, excellent social atmosphere - your colleagues are also friends. Not at all competitive within your start group - I honestly have no idea who is at the top or bottom of the group.

ConsThe hours can vary dramatically - some 'lifestyle cases' are really only 45 hours a week or so, whereas the worst cases can peak at 100 (though rarely for more than a week). Average is probably in the 55-60 range.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Bain & Company Videos

Bain & Company – Why Work for Us?

At Bain, we help the world's top leaders solve their toughest challenges. Our work fuels the growth of many industries and positively impacts countless lives. So we select only the most exceptional colleagues with an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bain & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bain & Company CEO Bob Bechek. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Bain & Company employees.