Bain & Company

Bain & Company Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek

Bob Bechek

Pros
  • The company also places a lot of emphasis on professional development as well as work/life balance (in 27 reviews)

• Benefits are almost unmatched and lots of culture of really great people (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • It's on us to remain ourselves that work-life balance is a priority (in 85 reviews)

• Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to start career

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat culture
    Great training
    Great people
    Great opportunities for continuation within Bain or a career in a variety of fields (PE, Corporate, etc.)

ConsCan be taxing / hard work
    Not all projects are going to be equally attractive

Great company to start at out of college

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people, Great training, Builds a strong business foundation, Strong network

ConsLimited control over your schedule, difficult work life balance

Amazing place to start your career

Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAmazing culture, everyone is so helpful and wants to see you develop professionally. You learn A TON analytically as an Associate Consultant in the first three years that will help you no matter where you go

ConsLifestyle isn't for everyone long-term, but it's definitely worth it right out of college

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best place to start your career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company has a truly incredible culture; the emphasis on personal and professional development as well as the smart, passionate, and fun employees make this a very unique place to work.

ConsThe hours can get long and the travelling can be exhuasting at times; you may be on the road more than you are home.

Fantastic company!

Senior Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsVery strong culture. The perks are awesome; the people are fantastic. Everyone works really hard (smart, driven people). We are a small company in size, but a large company in our global footprint. There's always something fun going on.

ConsTeams are run very lean and can feel under-resourced. The hours can be long

Amazing people and excellent learning opportunity

Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSteep learning curve keeps you on your toes
    Working with some of the best and brightest people
    Good salary and perks like expensing dinner and a cab home
    Friendly cooperative culture
    First class training
    Exposure to different industries
    Rarely if ever asked to work the weekend

ConsHouse can be quite long (60 average, peaks of 70-75)
    Some cases/projects last 6-12 months and can get boring
    Limited visibility into when work is required on a weekly basis
    Limited visibility into staffing pipeline

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out poor mangers more quickly
    More honesty in staffing situation, no need to offer a choice if there is no choice
    Think long term and protect your people - push back against aggressive client demands

Great culture and people, but hard to advance in back office role.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are almost unmatched and lots of culture of really great people!

ConsWork life balance can be challenging for dedicated employees, consider compensation adjustment

Great place to work during timw

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to learn a lot

Constravel can be hard on families

Amazing people, fantastic learning opportunities, and incredible place to launch a career

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe amazing culture at Bain is truly unique. This culture is driven by the outstanding people who work at Bain. The people are very bright yet humble and approachable. They have a passion for driving results while also having fun. The work is challenging and stretches you everyday; however, Bain provides the support you need to be empowered to be successful.

ConsThe long-hours and travel can prevent Bain from being sustainable long-term; however, this just really depends on individual considering how much Bain works to try and mitigate the lifestyle challenges.

An incredible opportunity to learn and grow while being surrounded by some of the smartest people I've met.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBain truly values the concept of work/life balance. The company works to adapt the job to fit your personal needs and there is a mutual respect for this across the business. The training provided to new associate consultants is invaluable and unique in that you meet hundreds of people from across the world. The people are the core element of Bain people. They are inspiring and motivated individuals that constantly push me to be better.

ConsThe biggest challenge of the job is the demanding hours.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!