Bain & Company Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
1,000 Reviews
4.6
1,000 Reviews

Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek
Bob Bechek

Pros
  • The company also places a lot of emphasis on professional development as well as work/life balance (in 27 reviews)

• Benefits are almost unmatched and lots of culture of really great people (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • It's on us to remain ourselves that work-life balance is a priority (in 85 reviews)

• Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

An exceptional place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Work on the world's toughest business problems
    -Variety in work due to case based model - opportunity for depth (industry or capability expertise) or breadth (variety of industries/business problems)
    -Training and development is outstanding (formal and informal training and mentoring/coaching) - a true career accelerator
    -Apprenticeship model - senior leadership invests to make junior folks successful
    -Very international - opportunities to work around the world
    -Fun colleagues

Cons

-Travel can be frequent
    -Hours can be long

Great launching pad for career

Former Employee - Principal  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Principal in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, talented colleagues, high investment in people, good compensation

Cons

unpredictable lifestyle, job can change dramatically each time you change projects (different lifestyle, different boss, different clients)

continue to invest in training and personal development

Can't imagine a company that treats their employees better

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Partnering with C-suite execs who look to us for advice adn help with their most difficult issues. Working with people who are brilliant and interesting, know how to have a good time, laugh at work, and help colleagues be successful. Compensation is very good, and gets high very quickly if you stick around. You are generally not forced to do things - the system is actually built around letting people make their own decisions about their career and path within Bain and thereafter..

Cons

Stretches of long hours, travel, and high stress... but you know that going in!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities to build formative career experiences and get the support/mentorship to succeed along the way

Current Employee - Principal  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Get to work on challenging and interesting problems. Work with senior executives who have the ability to change the course of their business and often shape the overall industry. Great firm culture and interesting/fun colleagues.

Cons

Client service business that can have long and sometimes unpredictable hours, as well as the potential for high travel.

Very self-rewarding experience

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bain offers you fantastic opportunities for professional development, with exciting projects and constant learning. You are surrounded by some of the smartest people in a truly collaborative environment. On top of that it has in place a series of checks and balances to make sure the life-style is as manageable as it can be for a professional services firm

Cons

Although the work is possitively challenging, it sometimes involves long hours and regional travel

Amazing place accelerate a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely high-impact, challenging, and interesting work
    C-suite access and ability to drive change
    Amazing training, professional development, support
    Great people
    Values align with what is important to me

Cons

Job is intense - sometimes hours can be long

Best place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bain has an incredible culture and truly cares about its employees and their experience! Every day, we're surrounded by smart and creative colleagues. You will never find better people to work with anywhere, period.

Cons

Expectations and hours are high - this is drives some people and not others.

Fantastic company Im so proud to work for

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The People. Hands down the people. And the type of work and impact we get to have with our clients. I work on some of the most interesting, cutting edge issues in Healthcare today and look forward to heading into work every morning.

Cons

We work hard and we must remain very flexible to serve the needs of our clients.

Still the best place to grow and learn

Current Employee - Vice-President  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice-President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic work environment, strong company culture, smart and fun people, access to game-changing work and the resources to deliver that work. Bain still is the best place to be in consulting. Firm is going from strength to strength in its financial performance. The upside of being in an environment with this much growth is you can control for the quality of the projects the firm takes on. As a result, I find myself going from one fascinating challenge to another. Have been at it 10+ years and feel like the learning curve continues to remain steep.

Cons

Consulting is just a hard job - hours, travel and pressure of being in front of a client remain the big challenges in this job. That's not going to be firm dependent, but is the reality of the industry.

Remarkable culture, personal development, and impact

Current Employee - CTL  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CTL in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with smart, passionate people who will inspire and challenge you... this describes both the Bainies and the clients we tend to work with over the long term.

Cons

As much as the firm tries to support flexibility in an effort to make the job more susatinable... hours are long, time off is ratem and your schedule is unpredictable. This is a hard job on families.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!