Bain & Company

Bain & Company Reviews in Sao Paulo Brazil

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek

Bob Bechek

Pros
  • The company also places a lot of emphasis on professional development as well as work/life balance(in 27 reviews)

• Benefits are almost unmatched and lots of culture of really great people(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • It's on us to remain ourselves that work-life balance is a priority(in 84 reviews)

• Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours(in 94 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Unique experience that rewards employees in all dimensions combined (hard/soft skills, compensation, personal, etc.)

Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsYou can learn a lot, within the business consultant toolkit but also about client realtionship and teamplay; you will always have someone at your side ready to help you out on your tasks and people that do share same culture and interests; Besides, you'll be at a great spot if you decide to leave to other company at any time of your career

ConsThe cons are not that different from any other big consulting firm - The work/life balance is pressured, as in any other high demanding organization; As a big consulting firm, you can sometimes be assigned to tasks or clients that are not that sexy - it means not necessairly all of your cases will be a huge strategy definition on a top company worldwide

A strong culture that makes you live by the spirit of "work hard, play hard"

Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsMost of its benefits come from the consulting business itself: steep learning curve, great achievements early in the career, very competitive compensation and so on.
    What I think differentiates Bain from other consulting companies was a much more relaxed way of doing things. I was working with great friends. Despite working for long hours, it was always fun to be with those guys. Despite the pressure for results, I never had the feeling of being alone.

ConsWork-life balance is always a negative aspect of consulting.

Bain is the best place to work I know of, considering both my past experiences and my peers in the industry

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsThe greatest thing about Bain is the people with whom I work with and also the variety of different professional experiences I am exposed to on a daily basis. I get to work with top management of the largest and most interesting companies in the world, from a diversity of industries and functional areas. Bain also offers targeted training sessions for all consultants on a yearly basis, which is certainly differential. And on top of that, I am able to pursue other kinds of activities that interest me and help me develop even more my professional career.

ConsSometimes, on a few specific projects, work can be heavy, with long hours in the office to finish a presentation or piece of analysis, but all the effort is offset by the great people I get the chance to work with and the learning that happens in the process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to advance the career

Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsCompany pays a great deal of attention to mentoring and making sure each employee is learning the most. Its commitment to working together with the client to bring recommendations to fruition is also inspiring, and makes me keep wanting to do my best in each assignment.

ConsWork life balance can be challenging since the time span of the projects is short, and generally there's a lot of interaction between consultants and clients to create engagement.

Great experience!

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsGreat perks, lots of sponsored social events, colleagues are typically fun to work with, smart as possible and have tons of different backgrounds!
    Pretty good client exposure

ConsDepending on the case you are in, you can have very heavy workloads! I've been to cases with average 15-16 hours a day (only 2-3 weeks case) and cases with 10 hours a day (3 months)

Advice to Senior ManagementBe always aware of the working environment quality and try to make working hours extensive only when really (really) needed!

Extremely focused learning experience, with lots of fun thrown in

Senior Associate Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsExcellent people (direct, smart, focused)
    Very fast learning curve - I was presenting my slides to C-level executives at the clients after only 1 year in Bain. This kind of experience is rather unique.

ConsThe number of hours might get a little heavy sometimes. However, it's not a deal-breaker. Besides that, when working with clients your schedule can become hard to predict. It varies from project to project.

Excellent experience

Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsGreat people, great atmosphere. Most people that I have worked with are truly collaborative.

ConsLifestyle and the way things work varies a lot between offices.

Amazing learning experience working for a top consulting firm

Manager (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros- Amazing global training program
    - Fantastic culture focused on practical results and supporting each other
    - Big emphasis on giving clients honest advice, independent of what they want to hear
    - Bain is probably the most meritocratic consulting firm (early promotions, salary, etc.)

Cons- Lots of time on the road (traveling) may not suit everyone
    - Intense lifestyle - we often put client needs first

Inspiring people, great companies and results!

Associate Consultant Intern (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsIn Bain you have the opportunity to work with inspiring people united by the goal of helping the world's largest companies in achieving better results.

ConsBecause the company is relatively big, you may someday work in a team with someone you don't really like. The good part is that it will last probably only a few months.

Fast-growing, intense

ACI - Research Trainee (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsReally good level of professionalism. Competent staff and amazing culture.

ConsLong Hours, to much seriousness.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!