Bainbridge

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carlos Arias

This would be 0 stars if that was an option. Stay away, RUN AWAY from this "company"

M&A Research Analyst (Former Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsThere were a number of highly intelligent people that I worked with.

Cons-Terrible Management that is running the company to the ground.
    -Long hours.
    -Below market pay, probably less than minimum wage for the work you're asked to do with the hours to do it with.
    -Employees are mistreated, as they are replaceable in the eyes of management.
    -Really high turnover, I believe since I've worked there I've seen over half the team leave and/or fired.
    -Non-existent HR.
    -No perks, no 401k, terrible medical coverage (as in they won't give it to you unless you bug them), just god awful moldy coffee.
    -Straight up lies to candidates in order to get them to agree to sign on.
    -More interns than full-time employees (probably 15 total full-time employees and the rest of the "60" member team are interns).
    -Terrible company culture.
    -No upward movement
    -Fake promotions, they will change your title without offering a change in pay but expect you to perform more.
    -You'll never see the CEO, for some time many on the team questioned his existence.

Honestly I'm going to stop here because the list can go on for days. Don't bother with this place unless you enjoy hating life. They mislead young, naive college graduates into working for them under the impression that they will easily make "60k" with non existent bonuses and work them to the bone. Don't fall for it. Company morale was at an all time low before I left and many genuinely hated being there.

Advice to Senior Management– Listen to your employees, treat them better, offer more perks that show the employees you care, pay them more, overhaul the company culture, and lastly, fire yourselves.

Nice people, good environment, challenging work, more than I expected

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsProfessional environment, very focused professionals, over achievers and lots of diverse international peers, very entrepreneurial. Finance and consulting, also PE firm next door, get to see range of professional activities. The CEO has brought us into other projects for the other companies. Learned a lot in past.

ConsSmaller size than most bigger consulting firm, very intense clients at times, San Diego pro and con. Recruiting process too lenient compared to other prof firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job, need streamlined hiring processes

Please don't waste your time

M&A Research Analyst (Current Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsThe people are good people. The management just really mistreats them

ConsEverything from bad management to bad coffee

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

ProsVery professional environment, nice working environment

ConsPeople don't seem that friendly

Good experience

Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsPR was great
    Workers were genuinely friendly

ConsNo real training but will get used to it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great company to start a career but most seem to move on.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsHighly intelligent coworkers
    Interesting projects
    Broad scope of work

ConsPrimary research is a tough business and not for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementStructured learning / growth would be great as most hires are fresh from school. Overall a great company but different groups are silo-ed. Exposure to all areas would be helpful to both better understand the company and assist in utilizing all resources.

Good learning on diverse projects, new management across company very strong, but need an HR manager

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsInteresting client work, learning a ton professionally
    Owners brought in new managers for every department now except HR, now mainyl experienced people
    My peers are great to work with, smart people
    Good professional development for analysts, not sure for other positions
    Other practices very supportive of work we do

ConsNeed a good HR and Benefits Manager, old person not replaced
    International client work interesting but need more in additonal markets

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new Benefits and HR manager to replace past manager
    When temp managers come in like PM temp last year, get feedback from analysts and clients, ensure wrong fit culturally shows earlier. Get more feedback from team on these people.
    Overall even better culture than six months ago

needs to improve

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) La Jolla, CA

Pros*my peers were great to work with

Cons*late paychecks
    *no 401K
    *benefits package needs improvement
    *need clear path for career development
    *need professional development program
    *senior management lacks management skills

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management should stop posting false reviews on this website. let people know what the company is all about so they know what they are getting themselves into when they choose bainbridge as a company.

Many industries, technology, good culture and team, fortune 1000 clients and PE firms

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGet to consult for big Fortune 1000 companies and private equity companies. Good range of technologies and industries. Emphasis on my professional development was really good. Felt like it was really great exposoure to front line corporate challenges. Learned a ton. Good senior analysts and project managers, very involved and focused on the team's goals. Company very diverse, does venture capital, has commercial development arm for MetLife, and does one off venture projects.

ConsSan Diego location is a plus but also far removed from city life in LA or Bay area. Office has lots of interns. Late night global consulting directly for projects is a plus and a minus. Couldn't do any domestic projects then. Didn't get to do any of the VC projects, reserved just for more senior people

Advice to Senior ManagementTime spent on my professional development plan helped me get into a top grad school. Make this a formal process. Keep weekly learning forums, invite interns too. Have more formal introduction for interns. No more pizza on Friday's, switch it out with mexican.

Fast paced, learning, with really smart people with lots of drive

Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe other anlysts and team are great people. Diverse acquisition projects. Good culture and open doors throuhhout company. Nice office in Lajolla. Emphasis on growth and professional development strong.

ConsOur industry has long hours and lots to read. If people can't hack that they shouldn't work here. Recruiting process is thorough enough to ID that.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the hands-on work with PM's and senior analysts. Keep the flat structure as is.

Worked for Bainbridge? Contribute to the Community!