Bainbridge Reviews

Carlos Arias

Internship at Bainbridge

Current Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good working atmosphere with a nice team. The work is challenging and interesting

Cons

The hours can be difficult taking into the different time zone

Overall, a great experience working with very sharp people

I worked at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

- If you are intellectually curious, this is the right place - Learn about new industries in a short span of time - Great place to start your career, since you will get executive exposure very early on - Good client portfolio , fortune 500

Cons

- More Senior Managers/Directors needed that could lead the diverse client portfolio, This is also a pro for junior analysts since it results in early exposure to complex problems for them. - No structured training, all on-the job training thats not best practice for junior Consultants

HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE-RUN!

I worked at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

good for young people/interns who need a resume builder for PE/M&A

Cons

Underpaid-if ever paid, and ethics are a major concern/issue with sub-par/inferior leadership in place. Private company, a lot of fake relationships

Advice to Management

Stick to counter intelligence consulting

5. Good place to gain new experience for fresh graduate!

Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a good working environment both in their morning shift and night shift. All the co-workers, supervisors, and senior analysts are all nice. They really value work-life balance. Once in a while, the company treats us during lunch/ dinner as an appreciation for our hard-working in the projects. The company is diverse.

Cons

The wage is not negotiable. The wage and salary relatively lower than the market has. The turnover rate is quite pretty high especially they don't sponsor working visa for foreign workers.

Advice to Management

The upper level management definitely need to do something in order to fix the turnover rate. Keep maintain the relationship with the employees and interns so they can enjoy working in the company and planning to stay longer!

6. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, people amongst other things.

Cons

Horrible hours and growth is political.

7. Good place to start working in M&A experience.

Former Employee - M&A Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - M&A Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team of analysts and contact with Private Equity firms all over the globe

Cons

Not many. Some people don't like the 7am time, but I'm a morning person.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. There is a positive culture here, and it is a place I enjoyed working.

8. Smart people, good M&A clients, intensive learning and opportunity if experienced in sales and dedicated to sector

Current Employee - M&A Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - M&A Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked for top PE firms that were clients, some market analyzing. Good exposure to various M&A sectors, learned the process of private equity. Didn't do any capital raising, good, just deal sourcing and analysis work. Got to work with major executives owners of companies around country. Some exceptionally bright and motivated people, a couple of folks not so. Six figures in second year if you figure out the right clients and teams and stay away from riff raff.

Cons

It's easy to get a job, hard to keep it leaving more entry level analysts shell shocked. M&A isn't easy, takes patience. This is a sales profession and the company hired a lot of rookies as well as experienced people. The former usually didn't make it. I had a few years of real sales experience and ran circles around my peers.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring criteria and standards high to reduce more difficult entry level people.

Great for 1-2 years at the beginning of your career, but leave as soon as you have reaped the benefits.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a small company (20-25 employees) so you are able to "wear many hats" within the company. Lots of room for growth in both responsibility and "titles". Non-managerial employees are top notch. Very bright young professionals, great intellectual stimulation. It is a great starting point for your professional career - you will learn a lot (from both training and trial/error), work a lot of hours, get paid very low but what you take away is what made it worthwhile for me. I would not be where I am in my career if it were not for Bainbridge. I made a lot of lifelong friends at this company as well. For those two reasons, I am grateful for the experience I had at Bainbridge. If you can put up with the b.s. for a year, its a great place to put some time in and get out.

Cons

They consistently lie about their financial health to employees. Managers don't have full autonomy of their teams; they are merely messengers. Managing Director is in his own world (and also likes to put fake reviews on glass door to make the company look more favorable).

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews on Glassdoor; it is very obvious to former employees. Value your employees and exercise ethical business practices. Managing Director needs to be replaced. Increase transparency! Just be honest with your employees.

Run Away!!!

Current Employee - Analyst/Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst/Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning about in industry and subsector can be intellectually stimulating but with little pratical application in your career later on The coffee cart outside has a good selection

Cons

frequently late paychecks high turnover (80% in 8 months) low employee tenure (longest 2 yrs) Company claims they do investment banking but does not -and does not carry any licenses to do so low moral no 401k no opportunity for advancement

This would be 0 stars if that was an option. Stay away, RUN AWAY from this "company"

Former Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - M&A Research Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bainbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were a number of highly intelligent people that I worked with.

Cons

-Terrible Management that is running the company to the ground. -Long hours. -Below market pay, probably less than minimum wage for the work you're asked to do with the hours to do it with. -Employees are mistreated, as they are replaceable in the eyes of management. -Really high turnover, I believe since I've worked there I've seen over half the team leave and/or fired. -Non-existent HR. -No perks, no 401k, terrible medical coverage (as in they won't give it to you unless you bug them), just god awful moldy coffee. -Straight up lies to candidates in order to get them to agree to sign on. -More interns than full-time employees (probably 15 total full-time employees and the rest of the "60" member team are interns). -Terrible company culture. -No upward movement -Fake promotions, they will change your title without offering a change in pay but expect you to perform more. -You'll never see the CEO, for some time many on the team questioned his existence. Honestly I'm going to stop here because the list can go on for days. Don't bother with this place unless you enjoy hating life. They mislead young, naive college graduates into working for them under the impression that they will easily make "60k" with non existent bonuses and work them to the bone. Don't fall for it. Company morale was at an all time low before I left and many genuinely hated being there.

Advice to Management

– Listen to your employees, treat them better, offer more perks that show the employees you care, pay them more, overhaul the company culture, and lastly, fire yourselves.

RSS Feed </> Embed