Bajaj Auto

www.bajajauto.com

Bajaj Auto Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
Bajaj Auto – Pantnagar – “Inauguration”

Bajaj Auto – Pantnagar – “Inauguration”

Rahul Bajaj

review your title five words

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosresponsibility, training, culture, canteen, encouragement

Conssecurity, perks, benefits, taxing, claims

Advice to Senior Managementcompensation

Most disgusting company to work with

R&D (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsUnfortunately there is not a single reason why anyone should join this pathetic company.

ConsList is huge. Let me pen down some:
    1. Let's us start with main gate. Only higher management is allowed to enter the most convenient entrance which is along the main road. Rest everyone has to cover an extra mile (around 3kms) to get in.
    2. Check-in. You have to enter with-in 8am, else your half day salary is gone. Surprisingly this rule isn't meant for manager and highr grade.
    3. Manager and higher grades are are given Black-T, just to flaunt and make others show their presence.
    4. If you have problem, for example, with keyboard tray, lemme tell you how you need to tackle it at BAL:

A. You (asst manager) can't write/speak to concerned person (manager or higher) to fix it. NEVER (your BOSS will screw your happiness).
    B. You have to request your BOSS, if he really feels like doing it and that's your lucky day, then he will REQUEST to the concerned person (who is manager or higher). Then later it's your luck.
    4. Let me talk about the R&D-Styling department. No employee other than styling and of course Mr CTO Mr OWNER is allowed to get in. All though people in other departments works more than styling, but perception of styling people is different. Never saw this idiotic practice in any other design-studios

5. Very important. If anything isn't going right and if you want to share that with Mr OWNER, never do that. He will forward your write-up to the same guy you are complaining against and would tell him to set it right. Next you can make out, what can happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow-up. Just look around the quantity and quality for the rowdy people in BAL. BTW can expect must from you.

Engineer R&D @ Bajaj Auto Ltd

Engineer, Research & Development (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood compensation, freedom to pursue research and development work and try out your ideas. Good location. Decent number of off days for a private company. I had a pretty good boss, so work culture depends on boss and your group but in general I would say it is fairly good. Their R&D has some very good engineers and very cooperative technicians.

ConsYou overwork sometimes. Most design work on outdated technology, and sometimes slightly difficult to change things. I saw that senior employees worked a lot so it felt as if they didn't have a good work-life balance. Vendor base mostly of poor quality, mostly to keep costs lower, but will become difficult to deal with some vendors, but it is going to happen sometime in your career.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High learning curve in the initial years which tapers off after sometime. Translucent review system.

Area Manager (Current Employee) Cochin (India)

ProsFlat Organizational structure.
    Best in Industry Pay Package.
    Learning curve.
    Highly decentralized structure which gives you more command over your work.
    Excellent learning place for beginners to learn the nuances of the industry as well as experiment own ideas.

ConsTranslucent review systems. Not all can digest the Performance Appraisals.
    Good amount of Performance incentive added to the CTC which means a good chunk is on the offering IFF you make the cut.
    No official fast track process / open succession plan for performers.
    Learning tapering off after some point which makes it redundant.
    Transfer between verticals are not unheard off but not as often as one would think it is. Reduces learning from new verticals.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart open Fast Track process / succession plans.
    HR should scan for more employee feedback.

Pretty good

Graduate Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood pay, great learning experience

ConsSlow growth for lower level personnel

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It was an excellent learning experience, considering an entry level position.

Senior Engineer - R&D (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsDynamic company, young Research and Development Centre, plenty of opportunities to explore, within company objectives.

ConsNot a great work life balance, rigid working hours, poor HR policies regarding leaves.

The OK Experience

Assistant Manager, Research & Development (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsDecent Salary, Young People, Good Work-Life balance, Good place to start career - lot to learn

ConsAutocratic culture, One man show in most of the business units, Uncertainities

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove HR policies, Treat employee as a customer

Unprofessional Manager, Unaware/Unconcerned HR

Assistant Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood Compensation, that too on paper. The variable component is hardly given out more than 12.5%

ConsDepends on Department and Manager

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into unprofessional behavior of department head of CI-MC department

ok if money is all you need

Engineer (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Pros- good salary
    - good facilities
    - good things to learn

Cons- no work-life balance
    - very mundane work

Manufacturing Job profile

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsA company with a very stable growth, very regular work, very hard to get fired from. Good place to start your career.

ConsJoined as a GTE, GTE's are not expected to stay for longer than three years. Also never got asked why I want to leave, or if I would be wanting to return at any time in the future. 6 Days working, with a day off on Thursday. (Manufacturing), R&D personel have 5 days working and higher salary as well.

Worked for Bajaj Auto? Contribute to the Community!