Baker Botts

Andrew M. Baker

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experience While Preparing For Law School

Paralegal Clerk (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThis is a wonderful firm to work for. It is sometimes difficult to tell who is a partner from who is an associate due to the respectful and equal interactions between the attorneys. Everyone has an open door and it is not intimidating to ask questions or even to stop in and talk about future law school prospects. The standard workday at the firm is 7.5 hours with an hour lunch break, and although the position is salaried, overtime past 37.5 hours per week is paid on an hourly basis at time and a half, which adds up very quickly.

ConsDue to it being a larger firm, much of the work can be very clerical and not challenging/stimulating, but if you take the time to read some of the documents you are working with, you will gain some great exposure to legal documents. How much you put in is how much you will get out of the experience.

Competent attorneys, helpful staff

Summer Associate (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat pay, interesting legal work

ConsCertain personalities within the organization are difficult to work with

Great law firm

Associate (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosrespectful partners, good work, decent work/life balance

Consbilling hours sucks but you can't get around it!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love Baker Botts.

Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI especially appreciate the quality of work, the people, the flexibility of my working hours, the training, and the attention to professional development. Baker Botts is open with associates about their progress and whether they are on the right track. The firm encourages pro bono and does not limit the number of pro bono hours that count toward billables. There are endless opportunities for professional networking and community involvement. There are also amazing office perks.

ConsI cannot think of any downsides. Personal initiative is key.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my job. I appreciate the opportunities that I have here to become a great lawyer. I also appreciate the formal and informal mentoring available.

Worked for Baker Botts? Contribute to the Community!