Baker Hughes Inteq

Great pay and benefits

Current Employee - DD/LWD in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - DD/LWD in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time

Pros

BHI offers a great compensation and benefits package. The resources and opportunities to grow within the company are tremendous and they are willing to send you to several schools to better yourself.

Cons

Field workers are compensated very well, but often times over worked. Working 250+ days a year away from home can be very stressful on a family. I work in the Alaska Inteq division where there isn't one manager who has spent time in the field doing the work that they are responsible for. Most of the managers in Alaska are hired as part of their progression for transitioning to Houston at some point and have never set foot in Alaska prior to hiring on. They will promise you a "Rotational" schedule but often times be nowhere to be found when you have been at the job for 4+ weeks and looking for relief.

Good job overall, but think about work-life balance for your employees before taking on new work.

It has been a good experience.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people, great products and a can do attitude.

Cons

Low pay. Computer work

Pay the employees enough to stay.

Worst nightmare supervisors work you like a marine drill sargent, theres a lot of hazing going on, and they look the oth

Former Employee - Heavy Diesel Mechanic in Brighton, CO
    Former Employee - Heavy Diesel Mechanic in Brighton, CO

I worked at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

money and benifits if you dont get hazed to quit

Cons

I was afraid to go to work everyday. My car and toolbox was messed with everyday and the supervisors look the other way

I was let go because I complained about the lights being out in the parking lot. and not reporting a minor thing within 10:00 minutes. after 5 years perfect attendance. This company has to many bosses that goes to there head. This is suppose to be a professionaly work place. Lost my job 6 months ago and they said I'am not good for rehire, what a piece of company. I was up for a supervisor job they brought someone in off the street instead....

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - MWD/LWD Field Engineer in Mount Pleasant M, PA
    Current Employee - MWD/LWD Field Engineer in Mount Pleasant M, PA

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Baker has allowed me progress through the company by working overseas and insisting that I learn new tools each year. I have been encouraged to expand my knowledge to other parts of the company and keep my options open. I have a good relationship with my coworkers and bosses. I feel that everyone is approachable and open minded to new ideas and suggestions on improvement. Mostly I enjoy the opportunities that are available to branch outside of my role as a field engineer in the future into many different divisions of the company.

Cons

Depending on where you are located there might be very limited time at home or the opposite of very little time at work. The inconsistency in a work schedule are a typical characteristic of an MWD position but they can become tiresome after a few years.

Some locations could invest more into training their field specialist and understanding that a well trained and well treated field hand will cost less in the long run and stay in the field longer.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Directional Drilling Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Directional Drilling Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Baker Hughes has a great bunch of people. The tools and technology you have to work with are decent. The company is always forward thinking in terms of technology and research.

Cons

You have limited career paths as you become more senior and may be difficult for you to move into other roles within of the company if you do not want to start from near the bottom. Limited overseas assignments to nice places.

Engage employees more and you will get the best from them

LWD Field Engineer

Current Employee - Lwd Field Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Lwd Field Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, systematic career development

Cons

No time off, low involvement with client

Entitle Field Engineers to rotation on the field

Great Experience

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Meet lots of people from all over the world. Constant changes in manufacturing.

Cons

Most of the changed that happened wasn't always for the better because management always changed.

6209 Sooner Rd. Micromanaged by Incompetence...to many politics...Glad I'm gone......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Anyone with no experience or intelligence can make good money here..aka Mouth.

Cons

Underpaid-Unappreciated-Overworked-Micromanaged-Buddy System-Bribes-Corruption..20 words isn't enough to explain.

Clean house on management at Sooner Road....just look at the turnover rate, moral. Before the downturn this was a very good company to work for now Canadian management MB has put all his robots in line to be the eyes and ears of the company. Just look around and ask anyone who has been there longer than 1 year what they really think....preferably over drinks; that's when you can get some real good feedback.

Too Many Knuckle-draggers

Current Employee - AMO in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - AMO in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benfits as of 2013 but rumor has it that they are planning reducing Health Benefits.

Cons

Too many Oklahoma Baker-Hughes employees are knuckle-dragging racist to include middle management as they treat Baker-Hughes Anti-harrassment seminars with open contempt.
    Big-time Good-o-boy network and too many unqualified people promoted into positions that they are unqualified for and over-looking well qualified people in favor of the good-o-boy.

If you do not believe this try checking it out for yourself by employing an "Undercover Boss" method you will be shocked at the openly racist attitudes that are even promoted by your middle-managers - discussingly unprofessional. Beware of your good-o-boy culture it is killing your bottom-line. Goodluck you'll need it. I have not, and will not, buy stock in your company.

Okay

Former Employee - Field Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Field Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Baker Hughes Inteq full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation is okay and Benefits are good

Cons

Hard to advance even after you meet requirements

Let go the chains