Baker Hughes Inteq

Mr. Martin S. Craighead

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great pay and benefits

DD/LWD (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsBHI offers a great compensation and benefits package. The resources and opportunities to grow within the company are tremendous and they are willing to send you to several schools to better yourself.

ConsField workers are compensated very well, but often times over worked. Working 250+ days a year away from home can be very stressful on a family. I work in the Alaska Inteq division where there isn't one manager who has spent time in the field doing the work that they are responsible for. Most of the managers in Alaska are hired as part of their progression for transitioning to Houston at some point and have never set foot in Alaska prior to hiring on. They will promise you a "Rotational" schedule but often times be nowhere to be found when you have been at the job for 4+ weeks and looking for relief.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job overall, but think about work-life balance for your employees before taking on new work.

Great place to start a career

MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) Mount Pleasant M, PA

ProsBaker has allowed me progress through the company by working overseas and insisting that I learn new tools each year. I have been encouraged to expand my knowledge to other parts of the company and keep my options open. I have a good relationship with my coworkers and bosses. I feel that everyone is approachable and open minded to new ideas and suggestions on improvement. Mostly I enjoy the opportunities that are available to branch outside of my role as a field engineer in the future into many different divisions of the company.

ConsDepending on where you are located there might be very limited time at home or the opposite of very little time at work. The inconsistency in a work schedule are a typical characteristic of an MWD position but they can become tiresome after a few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome locations could invest more into training their field specialist and understanding that a well trained and well treated field hand will cost less in the long run and stay in the field longer.

Great Company to work for

Directional Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBaker Hughes has a great bunch of people. The tools and technology you have to work with are decent. The company is always forward thinking in terms of technology and research.

ConsYou have limited career paths as you become more senior and may be difficult for you to move into other roles within of the company if you do not want to start from near the bottom. Limited overseas assignments to nice places.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage employees more and you will get the best from them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LWD Field Engineer

Lwd Field Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood pay and benefits, systematic career development

ConsNo time off, low involvement with client

Advice to Senior ManagementEntitle Field Engineers to rotation on the field

Great Experience

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMeet lots of people from all over the world. Constant changes in manufacturing.

ConsMost of the changed that happened wasn't always for the better because management always changed.

6209 Sooner Rd. Micromanaged by Incompetence...to many politics...Glad I'm gone......

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsAnyone with no experience or intelligence can make good money here..aka Mouth.

ConsUnderpaid-Unappreciated-Overworked-Micromanaged-Buddy System-Bribes-Corruption..20 words isn't enough to explain.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house on management at Sooner Road....just look at the turnover rate, moral. Before the downturn this was a very good company to work for now Canadian management MB has put all his robots in line to be the eyes and ears of the company. Just look around and ask anyone who has been there longer than 1 year what they really think....preferably over drinks; that's when you can get some real good feedback.

Too Many Knuckle-draggers

AMO (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat Benfits as of 2013 but rumor has it that they are planning reducing Health Benefits.

ConsToo many Oklahoma Baker-Hughes employees are knuckle-dragging racist to include middle management as they treat Baker-Hughes Anti-harrassment seminars with open contempt.
    Big-time Good-o-boy network and too many unqualified people promoted into positions that they are unqualified for and over-looking well qualified people in favor of the good-o-boy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you do not believe this try checking it out for yourself by employing an "Undercover Boss" method you will be shocked at the openly racist attitudes that are even promoted by your middle-managers - discussingly unprofessional. Beware of your good-o-boy culture it is killing your bottom-line. Goodluck you'll need it. I have not, and will not, buy stock in your company.

Okay

Field Specialist (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsCompensation is okay and Benefits are good

ConsHard to advance even after you meet requirements

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go the chains

Just another corporate structure

Field Engineer I -LWD (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPay master. Good program for Engineer development. Best innovations in the industry. Lot of flexibility to move around inside the company.

ConsBean counting with the field personnel. Cost cutting and not cost focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop your buddy system and partiality in the OKC D&E office its highly unprofessional and get some qualified engineers or MBA for coordinators and management not some high school drop out field hand who could cut it anymore in the field!!!!

Directional Driller at Pennsylvania area (North East area)

Directional Driller (Current Employee) Mount Pleasant, PA

ProsGood Benefits
    Competetive salary/day rates
    Other Ofc/areas are very good

Cons-Baker Hughes Mt Pleasant Ofc DD coordinators and HR are famous in not calling back field hands even you left message of email.
    -They run the office like Mickey Mouse operation
    -dont care about the field hands
    -If you have any options, DO NOT WORK on this area/ofc (Baker Hghes - INTEQ, Mt Pleasant, PA)

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the field hands.
    Replace/fire Coordinators and HR who dont care for their people

Worked for Baker Hughes Inteq? Contribute to the Community!