Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
3.2

CEO

Excellent Services for employees and clients.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provide Room for Advancement and growth.

Cons

Not enough days to work.

Always maintain professionalism and a smile.

Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Great culture. Open door policy. Innovative and fun work environment. Lots of local growth opportunities. Free health coverage through GEMCare.

Cons

Too much Corporate control. Unions add unnecessary tension where there otherwise would be none. Doctors are given too much leway and are often given a pass while nursing is held 100% accountable.

exhausting for average compensation

Current Employee - RN Pacu in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - RN Pacu in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

Pros

attractive and above average workplace surroundings with consideration of staff for stress free spots to take breaks and eat lunch

Cons

at the time poor upper management with preferential treatment to certain staff, scheduling problems and negative feedback from supervisors at times

please listen to the staff level employees and take into consideration that seniority does not always mean excellence when judging performance

It is okay.. but chances for advancement are slim..

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

Pros

They offer a really good pay and benefits to those who are employed full time.

Cons

I worked there for a year as on-call and was never given the opportunity to advance or get a part or full time job... I only worked on weekends. I felt a little lonely and with nobody to really talk to because I didn't really know anybody.

I would recommend that they ask theri workers what they want because nobody ever asked me. And in terms of evaluations I did not see how that was possible if you didnt have much contact with me..

BMH

Current Employee - Accountant in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

Pros

BMH has great benefits for the entire family. I have a fairly flexible schedule, depending on my managers mood. I also feel I am fairly compensated for my work.

Cons

All downsides relvolve around management. Managers only watch out for themselves and the big bonus checks they receive at the end of the year. I don't feel that the rest of the employees needs are ever considered.

Do your job and what you are paid to do. Stop making the little people do all the work and you take the credit. It takes 1400 employees to run this hospital and you only care about yourselves. Stop caring about the bottom line since you are a not-for-profit hospital.