Balance Innovations

2015 Direction

Current Employee - Information Technology in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Balance Innovations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After a few years we now have a strategy that almost everyone gets involved with and you can relate your work to what is needed. they treat everyone with respect and its a great place to work.

Cons

Tooooo many old time whinny people. They just want it to go back to the good old days although they can not really say why it was better.

Keep up the Town Halls and extra things we always seem to be raffling off. I have worked in 3 companies in Kansas over the last 10 years and no one else has that stamina to keep those fun things going.

Growing company with many career opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Balance Innovations full-time

Pros

You can work your way into the position you want. There are improvements that are needed with the company and if you can fill the vacancy then you can virtually create your own job. Great place for any entrepreneurial spirited worker looking to make a career for themselves. Lots of nice little perks: travel, generous vacation policies, great company outings from time to time. Company always gives back when things are going in the right direction.

Cons

Growing, thus, some lack of structure. Can be difficult to know your career path. On boarding process can be difficult and lengthy.

Culture, perks, and benefits are all fairly gracious. Overall salary could be improved as compared to larger more established software providers. Still, I expect that to increase as does the company income/size.

Good times, great times, down times...right now is a decreased morale time

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Balance Innovations full-time

Pros

Culture with fellow co-workers makes most days feel like family. You will have good and bad days but in the end, you love them. External training is encouraged for people to further their individual knowledge on topics that they want to explore. Many events encouraging employee family involvement. Opened up job postings to everyone in the company to understand where people want to move in their careers. Certain managers are encouraging and helpful in all day-to-day growth of their subordinates. Results show in the output from their team members. Offer some unique compensation packages that are rare in this day and age.

Cons

Disconnect between management's business strategy and the best interests of those who work for the company. The approach to new business avenues has been suspect to say the least (with regards to prospects and partnerships). Compensation often inflated to appear better than others (pay is average at best, PTO is below norm and used to boost compensation packages at year end, health care costs jumping greatly [but common with current health care reform]). Company was once considered one of better places to work in KC, this years survey suggested otherwise after many years of positive results. Recent shift of multiple Chief roles being handled by one to two individuals.

Understand that a brand name is something that takes years to grow but can be destroyed overnight. Do not take feedback for granted. Look to shift focus of areas to more than just a few people, the more heads the better. Look at how management's reaction to a change in culture is to push that off on everyone else...not accepting responsibility and working towards a solution as it starts at the top.

Better Than Ever

Current Employee - IT in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - IT in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Balance Innovations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We got a new CEO over a year ago and I wanted to wait a year to see if I should leave....NO WAY would I consider it now. We have very clear direction and if anyone does not know what direction we are headed they have not paid attention the emails, Portal or Town Halls. We just received another Town Hall meeting request today, so I look forward to the update.

Cons

Pay......as with most jobs the working class talk and complain about pay. Being very close to some very large tech companies like Sprint and Cerner, pay is always an issue.

It is easy to get caught up in the office gossip about pay and other small minded concerns. Don't worry about pleasing all the small minded complainers. Keep the focus on growth and new ideas.

Long Term Employee

Current Employee - In IT in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - In IT in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Balance Innovations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In the last 6 months this company has gone through a lot of change and we are seeing the 100% positive results of strong leadership and focus.

Cons

No real cons but our new CEO must continue to make sure the other managers are in line with the new and exciting direction the company is headed

You have made so many great strides in the last 6 months...put people in the right spots and are vested in our personal success. you continue to ask for input and respond even if it is not what other managers want to hear.

Keep going as the rank and file employees are 100% behind you and the changes you have made.

Great company to work for. Management takes care of employees

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Balance Innovations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is on board with team goals and getting their share of work done. Managers are quick to recognize extra work. Frequent team outings.

Cons

Smaller company so there are some hardships that come with that. Lack of established processes that would make some things much simpler than they are.

Horrible. They do nothing but underpay, disrespect and never give advancement opportunities.

I have been working at Balance Innovations

Pros

The work is incredibly easy. The travel is nice, but only because it provides the only perks given to employees - freq flier miles and hotel/car points.

Cons

Underpaid, under-appreciated employees. Too many people trying to manage, not enough do-ers. Company is also filled with incompetent people who cannot perform the simplest tasks.

Recognize who the people are that actually DO the work and not the people who sit there and voice their opinions and try and just manage people, rather than actually contributing to the overall success of the company.