BalancePoint Corporation

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jacquie Morgan, Michael Sommers and Scott Lippert

A place that lets you do as well as you want to

Senior Resource Manager (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

Pros"I use the past tense since it is now over two years since I've worked for BP. Still, I have no doubt in my mind that my comments about my time at BP apply as much today as they did during my tenure there. I, too, am a former employee of BalancePoint, and in that respect, I have the same thing in common with the other five reviewers as of February 24, 2014.

I've read these reviews and, frankly, don't want to comment on any of the ad hominem attacks of the owners. I think most adults will see those for the irrelevant nonsense that they are. I simply want to state the following: I found the owners to be good people, genuinely trying to do the best they could as private persons and as leaders in a company. They challenged and supported their employees. Most importantly, they never got in the way of any employee doing his job. They provided a great office environment, all the tools you could ever need, access to the owners when you needed them, and the freedom to do your job. What more do people want from an organization? Whatever it is, you're asking for too much.

Is BP a perfect organization? Of course not, but no organization is. I once told one of the owners that I thought I worked for the best company in the worst industry (for my skill set and desire). I still believe that. Recruiting was not for me, and, I suspect, it is not for the authors of these negative reviews of BP. But that is no reason to make statements of calumny against the owners of BP.

Anyway, if you're interested in pursuing a career in recruiting/sales, you need to check out BP. They have a long-tenured staff, which is amazing in any industry, but especially in the recruiting industry, and in this terrible economic climate to boot, so they must be doing something right. Look at the people who've thrived there; don't waste your time wallowing in the petty laments of people who threw away an opportunity.

ConsI don't see anything glaringly negative about BP.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement understands what's going on. They have a vision and they know they've created the right environment for the right people to thrive within.

Double standards abound......

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPretty flexible work environment, a few good folks are hiding out in small burrows

ConsDishonest, untrustworthy, double meanings, strange expectations, social above value, artifical versus meaningful, lobbyist mentality, CYA abounds, fear of change, fear of speaking out, very high stress levels, arguements break out nearly every week

Advice to Senior ManagementChange has to start at the top, change = opportunity, lack of change due to fear is failure.

Darkness, Deceit and Lies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Company believes it has a manifesto dedicated to Transparency, Truth and Trust. The reality is Darkness, Deceit and Lies.

ConsRule #1: Trust No One.

To Win in this organization: Become allies with the COO whose priority is hours of on-line shopping, less than 5 – 6 hour work days while giving many self spoken accolades of the Ivy League education that the other partners lack from State schools.

The entire senior leadership team, known as “principals” has betrayed the trust of the team including the Chief Human Resources Officer who lacks integrity.

The principals lack the ability to gather intel to make a decision, commonly compromising the organization and team for the good of all trumping to corrupt decisions for the good of the few.

The Chief Recruiting Officer is a fanatic for selling the image of the company while the Chief Marketing Officer tries to build the image & rapport with stories of truth & trust only for the Chief Operating Officer to destroy it with dark, manipulative self serving tactics.

Balancepoint has frequently had the A team but the result is always losing the best employees and damages productivity through high levels of stress and frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelieve the Chief Operating Officer & Chief Recruiting Officer of duties and start building Trust with real Truth and Transparency.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

On the decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPartners have a strong vision mindset.

ConsNo one else has any vision nor any way to drive the vision to a sucessful end.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a strong Leader, not a manager, a leader. Then set them free to build.

Low Trust Factor

Kansas City, MO

ProsPartners understand where they came from and they have a vision of what they could be. The Vision is solid. Marketing is one strength area.

ConsA lot of internal politics and micromanagement. They preach Trust, but never give it. Very unwilling to change in order to grow. Focus is on the tactical and lower levels when it should be on the strategic and upper levels. Middle management is unskilled in fast growth and offers no inspiration. New ventures are quickly lost / shut down. They are quick to judge without all the facts and make emotional decisions frequently. Big picture vision is lacking at middle and lower levels. People are in the wrong roles or aren't left to fulfill their roles as they need to. Lots of handcuffing. Compensation practices are siloed and rules are broken for the elite few, but never for the average person.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak the mold. Shake things up, push the envelope, be creative, and build the RIGHT team. Remove the handcuffs/roadblocks. Growth is impossible without change and change starts at the hub of the wheel. Changes needed in the core. Dump the Trust motto if you aren't going to practice what you preach internally. It just seems ingenuine.

"Wolf in sheep's clothing."

Worker Bee (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

Pros- good strategy of client transparency
    - interesting concept of trust & transparency based on "The Speed of Trust" by Stephen Covey

Cons- Inexperienced owners seek direction from a business coach
    - Owners have little visibility into internal operations and culture
    - Owners give full trust and control to an ineffective, very poor, micro-manager
    - Commission amounts and compensation can change at any time based on the discretion of management
    - Trust is preached yet every action an internal employee makes is questioned by management or owners
    - There is absolutely no work/life balance although it is promised up front
    - There is little recognition for employee accomplishment
    - Office micro manager is very biased against new employees and blatantly favors the original, tenured employees
    - Rah Rah environment comes across as cheesy and fake

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved in the operations and culture of your internal employees instead of giving blind trust to a terrible micromanager who stifles growth.
    Get off your self-righteous high horse and realize how fallible you are as leaders.
    Practice what you preach. If your organization is based on trust you have to trust more than just one person in the organization.
    Understand that a façade exists in the minds of your current employees. You'll never know the truth because everyone's afraid to tell you.

Beware of the Shiny Apple

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Cool office
    -Strong self driven producers
    -Competitive commission compensation
    -Fun culture - parties, halloween parties, community service, family friendly
    -Flexible hours

Cons-Upper management is highly inexperienced - look to "mentors" on guidance to run their company have no remorse for mistakes that impact their team
    -No loyalty to their employees - quick to fire with no explanation or warning, quick to criticize, retract pay raises and other bonus incentives on a whim
    -Very little employee recognition for a very dedicated team.
    -Lack of trust internally, when Trust and Transparency are #1 to external clients and candidates
    -Decisions are made with very little follow through
    -Lack of empathy from certain people in upper management
    -Some believe it's a popularity contest at times
    -Long history of broken promises and dangling pretty carrots to keep top talent
    -If you are coming on into a new division - expect no direction, sink or swim.

Worked for BalancePoint Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BalancePoint Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BalancePoint Corporation CEO Jacquie Morgan, Michael Sommers and Scott Lippert. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by BalancePoint Corporation employees.