Baldor Electric

Baldor Electric Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker

Ronald Tucker

Good company. Worked there for almost 10 years.

slitting line operator (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsBenefits, profit sharing, above average pay. Stability, fair. Very safety conscious.

ConsManagement afraid to act on problem causing people. Needed air conditioning.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some kind of incentive to those that work harder. One has limited reasons to put out more production.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Baldor was a very professional and hard working company to work for.

CNC Programmer (Former Employee)
    Westville, OK

ProsBaldor has some of the best people in the world working for them. Their Engineering staff and management are extremely knowledgeable and get the job done. They are one of the most successful companies, if not the most successful company in the electric motor business. Not to mention their stress on Safety. Baldor may be the one of the safest, or at least go to great lengths to attempt to be the safest work environment that a company can provide for its employees.

ConsI really cannot say that there are any cons as far as working for Baldor Electric Company. Everyone there has a job to do and they do it to the best of their ability and are probably the most friendly group of people that I've had the pleasure of working with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe keep a little closer look at what's going on down on the floor?

It has been a great place to work for, and now looking back I wish I was still an employee.

Die Setter (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsVery good place to work for.

ConsVery loud, and hot in the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none. They are fare, and the HR, Brandy is and awesome person...

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company but.....

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
    Ozark, AR

Prosgood equipment, stable employment, they stand by their no layoff policy no matter how economy and demand is.

Constakes years to get on day shift, too many weekends during summer.

Advice to Senior Managementschedule more overtime during the week and keep machines running and building stations staffed on all three shift. Employees should have 2 nights off on the weekend to spend with family.

good company but.....

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
    Ozark, AR

Prosgood equipment, clean work environment, stable work, company has stuck to no layoff policy in past

Constakes years to get on day shift, and work too many weekends during summer to keep up even though machines and building stations are just sitting and not being ran for entire shifts during the week.

Advice to Senior Managementpeople need 2 nights a week at home with family. Schedule overtime to keep areas fully staffed during the week, don't let machines, building stations sit unused and then have to work Saturday to make up.

Information Services Manager

IS Manager (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsAble to take care of family issues and work from home on occasion because I have a company laptop and phone.

ConsNo authority but all the responsibility of maintaining a plant infrastructure. Upper mgt sees IT as a liability not a business benefit

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people in upper management that has degree other than engineering. Different perspective is good.

Good factory job

Various Phases of Manufacturing (Former Employee)
    Fort Smith, AR

ProsAir conditioning, non union, clean

ConsLots of 6 day work weeks to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrompt educated people to supervise your staff

Great pay.

Die Setter (Former Employee)
    Valley Park, MO

ProsGreat wage and lots of overtime.

ConsSome are unable to do the job, mandatory overtime can get old.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of those that can't carry their own weight.

Great place

Fort Smith, AR

ProsClean well organized plants (well we are getting there) and on the cutting edge of technology and business trends.
    Pay and benefits are competitive.

ConsToo much middle Management.. there are plant managers, area managers, supervisors, coordinators ..etc.. in each area.. its a bit much.. It seems that management jobs are created to pass the buck to another rather than to let the employees take charge and do what needs to be done.

Too many engineers!!!!! there are lots of degrees walking around in hte plants doing what seems to amount to a whole lot of nothing! It can be a bit aggravating at times when production is slow due to a hiring freeze on the floor and theres loads of engineers wandering around.

also the creation of needless job titles.. such as "trainers" when there has been NO hiring in the last 2 years!! what are these people doing!! they dont help in the plants when we are short handed due to the attrition policy that is in effect.

Advice to Senior Managementcut some of the middle management and put the engineers and "trainers" to work..
    employees put product on the trucks not management and suits!!!
    We are well trained and we can train each other.. trainers are out of touch woth the day to day operation..
    Management is too bloated we have too many middlemen to get anythig done..

Overall Good Experience

Production (Current Employee)
    Fort Smith, AR

ProsGood salary, good experience with fellow employees, and good steady work with no lay-offs.

ConsThe company has had a change in company values concerning departments relocating due to lower cost labor. Also, I was denied a promotion that was awarded to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to be promoted and not to be kept in the same department/area because the employee shows greater work ethic than others in the department.

Worked for Baldor Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Baldor Electric Videos

Baldor Electric – Why Work for Us?

Baldor Electric Company is a leading marketer, designer and manufacturer of energy-saving industrial electric motors, mechanical power transmission products, and adjustable speed drives. The company was founded on the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baldor Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baldor Electric CEO Ronald Tucker. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Baldor Electric employees.