Baldor Electric Reviews

Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker
Ronald Tucker

1. Great company to work for

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

The Baldor culture is great, pay seems very fair, and there is plenty of room for growth. I have moved through 3 positions so far within 6 years and all have been a great improvement for me.

Cons

A challenge I see with the company is some individuals not seeing the positives that the ABB corporation has brought to Baldor. There are many new opportunities since becoming a member of the ABB group.

2. I was an electrical mechanical technician at the St. Louis plant and the maintenance supervisor and team was top notch.

Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A great safety program and open door policy with management. They treat employees like family.

Cons

Baldor Electric tried to keep up to date with certain aspects of the manufacturing process however some of the equipment is severely outdated and the employees have limited training on procedures dealing with existing and new equipment.

Management needs to get more involved with training of new employees and continued competency training with all employees. Also the paid time off and sick leave needs to be reevaluated so that employees can actually take vacations in the first 2 years of employment.

3. Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Information Services in South Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Information Services in South Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric

Pros

Good salary and lots of opportunity for advancement. There is a real family feel to the company.

Cons

Raises are slow to come and are generally low.

Great Long-Term Employer

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Finding employees at Baldor with over 40+ years is easy. Upper management is in tune with everything going on and they want to be involved. Benefits are great and you get that "family" work feeling that is hard to find. Salaries are higher than most in the Fort Smith area.

Cons

Starting vacation time is lower than most companies, but it's a small price to pay for solid employment at a superb company.

6. Good company. Worked there for almost 10 years.

Former Employee - Slitting Line Operator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Slitting Line Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, profit sharing, above average pay. Stability, fair. Very safety conscious.

Cons

Management afraid to act on problem causing people. Needed air conditioning.

Give some kind of incentive to those that work harder. One has limited reasons to put out more production.

7. Baldor was a very professional and hard working company to work for.

Former Intern - CNC Programmer in Westville, OK
    Former Intern - CNC Programmer in Westville, OK

I worked at Baldor Electric as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Baldor has some of the best people in the world working for them. Their Engineering staff and management are extremely knowledgeable and get the job done. They are one of the most successful companies, if not the most successful company in the electric motor business. Not to mention their stress on Safety. Baldor may be the one of the safest, or at least go to great lengths to attempt to be the safest work environment that a company can provide for its employees.

Cons

I really cannot say that there are any cons as far as working for Baldor Electric Company. Everyone there has a job to do and they do it to the best of their ability and are probably the most friendly group of people that I've had the pleasure of working with.

Maybe keep a little closer look at what's going on down on the floor?

8. It has been a great place to work for, and now looking back I wish I was still an employee.

Former Employee - Die Setter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Die Setter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good place to work for.

Cons

Very loud, and hot in the summer.

I have none. They are fare, and the HR, Brandy is and awesome person...

9. Nice place to work.

I worked at Baldor Electric

Pros

Management is pretty relaxed as long as you perform your job. Willing to work with you in any situation.

Cons

I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING.

10. Stable Company, Great People, Opportunity

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you were to walk into any Baldor facility, it would not take you long to run into an employee who has been here over 10 years. In most of our facilities, you'd likely run into many employees with 20, 30 or 40 years of service. That sounds hard to believe but it is very true. Baldor promotes a great culture where employees are encouraged to work as a team to make the company more successful. And then the company offers money back to employees who contribute to that success through profit sharing. There are many job opportunities available within the company and programs like our educational reimbursement program that help employees reach that next goal. The culture, the people and the company's focus on continuous improvement make Baldor a great place to work and I'm proud to be a part of it!

Cons

I believe that everything we do can and should be improved. With that said, there are some processes currently in place that could be more automated. Manual processes take a lot of unnecessary time away from other productivity.

11. good company but.....

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ozark, AR
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ozark, AR

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good equipment, stable employment, they stand by their no layoff policy no matter how economy and demand is.

Cons

takes years to get on day shift, too many weekends during summer.

schedule more overtime during the week and keep machines running and building stations staffed on all three shift. Employees should have 2 nights off on the weekend to spend with family.