Baldwin Filters Reviews

Updated July 23, 2014
Updated July 23, 2014

2.4

Sam Ferrise

I liked Baldwin cause you get to drive all kinds of forklifts and order pickers

Current Employee - Order Picker  in  Kearney, NE
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Kearney, NE

I have been working at Baldwin Filters full-time for more than a year

Pros

the best reason to work there is the people and you get to learn a lot of different things it is a fast work place and the people are very nice and helpful

Cons

thay teach you how to bilud pallets to 104" 96"85"

thay are very helpful if you have any problems thay will try to tack care of it very quickly

Solid Company. Good work/life balance

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Kearney, NE
    Current Employee - Engineer in Kearney, NE

I have been working at Baldwin Filters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company with true growth potential. Very nice people to work with.

Cons

Compensation could be competitive.

Can't think of any. Management seems to know what they are doing to benefit the company.

if you are a butt kisser or tattletale, this is the perfect place for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kearney, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

I worked at Baldwin Filters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nothing good to say about this place.

Cons

The only way to advance is to kiss ass. Some of the laziest people are made supervisors because they backstab and tattle on the people under them. They let their pets get by with murder and write up and fire others. They have a lot of people that have been fired for alcohol and drugs and then they take them back. Hardworking people don't get a secpnd chance.

Get rid of some of your supervisors and put a stop to the favoritism. Appreciate people that do a good job instead of treating them like trash if they don't kiss your ass.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everybody not happy happy happy

Current Employee - Setup  in  Kearney, NE
    Current Employee - Setup in Kearney, NE

I have been working at Baldwin Filters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really can not think of any.sad

Cons

The supervisors are mean and disrespectfull.also 1st shift setups think that they own those machines and off shifts are just barrowing them.and get really angry if there not running good when they come in.more disrespect.you also have kiss butt if u want to move up sad .one of the saddest places I have ever worked.you will there leave there sad broken and tore up on the inside.feeling demorrelized.

Could be a great place to work if it wasn't for the disrespect .and butt kissing.you can get more out of someone with honey rather than vinager. It's simple not rocket science.its beyond me why this abuse goes on.

Keep your resume updated...you'll use it again soon after going to work at Baldwin Filters

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Kearney, NE
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Kearney, NE

I worked at Baldwin Filters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- dinning room in building for lunch
    - plenty of bathrooms

Cons

- management is inaffective, very hard to get decisions from and project direction is pretty much non-existent.
    - office employees are treated like children, there are alot of 'unwritten' rules and you will be written up / terminated if they believe you are braking these rule (very subjective and oppressive).
    - pay is substandard pretty much across the board (trust me, you can do a lot better anywhere else).
    - working hours are not clearly defined, most the time your job is being threatened if they feel you're not working enough hours....and it doesn't matter if you're a good or bad employee, they don't differentiate.
    - C.Y.A. is in full affect at this place...managers prefer to assign blame and point the finger (even amongst themselves) rather than work with employees to solve issues that arise.
    - Get use to the under side of the bus, you'll be thrown there alot by your boss

Generally Baldwin Filters in Kearney NE is a seriously lame, demoralizing and unprofessional place to work…most the people who are working there are looking for new jobs and the other half are new enough that they haven’t realized what they’ve gotten themselves into. Good luck, if you go to work for this company

Upper management mantra to employees when I left was:
    "If you don't like it here....you know where the door is" <- not real motivating to say the least

wouldn't matter...they don't listen to anyone's suggestions that work there...

babysitter

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Gothenburg, NE
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Gothenburg, NE

I have been working at Baldwin Filters

Pros

Good working conditions, nice airconditioned and clean.

Cons

Infighting amongst supervision and departments.

Pay inadequate

Solid employer, but you won't get rich, no matter how well you perform

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kearney, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

I worked at Baldwin Filters

Pros

Stable company with generally solid performance and few layoffs. Profit sharing paid when targets met (most years).

Cons

If you get fired, you really deserved it, but you certainly won't get rich working there. Pay and benefits lag well behind national and even regional averages. There is little differentiation in pay between top performers and underperformers - if you stick around, you're looking at 3% or less increases at most every year, regardless of what you do. Talented people constantly leave for better opportunities - many people who stay long-term are satisfied with mediocre opportunity and compensation, don't want to leave the area, or are just simply incapable of getting a better job elsewhere. If you are ambitious and seeking advancement, chances are there is a drone middle manager blocking your way up who has been there for 10 years, and will be there another 10 years after you're gone.

Pay your best people at or close to what they could earn elsewhere. Stop "differentiating" your people by giving the mediocre 2% and the stars 3% raises.

You will not be happy at Baldwin Filters.

Current Employee - Filtermake/Backup Forklift
    Current Employee - Filtermake/Backup Forklift

I have been working at Baldwin Filters

Pros

The benefits.. health insurance, profit sharing(sometimes), and stock options(used to be anyway). Some of the average people who work there are good fun people. You have to be unique in order to stick around then for any length of time and make work fun somehow. After 4 years I ran out of ways to prevent myself from hating going to work everyday so I finally did the smart thing and went back to college.

Cons

Higher management is horrible, line leads are horrible, everything is run horribly and they won't take advice from others. Promotions to take someone's spot as line lead, forklift, supervisor, etc are based on nothing but seniority. This is why the whole Gothenburg plant is run by retards.

Listen to the people who actually work the lines.

Would have been the greatest job ever.

Former Employee - Assembler
    Former Employee - Assembler

I worked at Baldwin Filters

Pros

The pay was excellent after working there for a year, but sadly, even the slackers earn just as much as the hard workers.

You don't have to deal with having to please customers, but you do have to deal with your coworkers.

Cons

There was a lot of drama and prejudice between coworkers and favoritism with the supervisors. A lot of harassing went on while I worked there. When I let a supervisor know about a coworker who was being threatened by a group of employees, he did nothing about it. A lot of employees also like to cause pointless drama. Someone I worked with randomly decided to snub me, if that's the best way to put it. I work to work, not necessarily to make friends, but this person acted as though I was an enemy and refused to work as a team or even communicate with me at all to get stuff done.

The work environment is very dangerous, I always came home after my shift with cuts and bruises and knew someone that lost a finger while operating one of the machines. Fires often started from the ovens and air-conditioning was non-existent and quite prevalent during the summers. I've vomited during my shift on a few occasions due to the excessive heat from the factory and was very lucky that I could get off the assembly line in order to make it to the bathroom in time. The line is always running and no one is normally there to take your place if you have an emergency.

Get ready to throw your life away, because 53 hours is the new 40 at Baldwins. A lot of times you are on your feet all day, every day, and you won't be able to catch a break unless you request time off. You can only have so many days off throughout the year and if you go past the limit, you will get in a lot of trouble.

You promised equal opportunity employment, yet you allow your employees to harass each other based on their differences. You should also hire workers, not people who are mentally still in middle school.

Make your factory safe for your employees! Get some air conditioners and invest in safer machinery.

Hire more shifts so employees have time to see their family and friends instead of basically living at Baldwins.

Worked for Baldwin Filters? Contribute to the Community!