Baldwin Richardson Foods

Add Photos

Eric G. Johnson

Growing Company, Fast Paced Environment, Great People

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are amazing, people are great (especially the new hires) and growth potential is here. One thing I can say is this company cares about you and holds true to its values.

ConsNot many...It's busy here but what's the alternative?

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the plan. Great decision on bringing in such an impactful Dir of Ops. She is really making a difference and cares about us and our safety.

Demanding management, fast paced environment

Anonymous (Current Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsPay is good, raises cam be slim, always something to work on, multiple learning opportunities

ConsHigh turn over, unrealistic expectations, secrecy, under staffed because of the high turn over

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some talent for long term, work to reduce the turn over, empower your people to be able to work without fear of listing their job.

Most Ridiculous place i have ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsGood Benefits, Good Benefits ,Good Benefits

ConsManagers and Directors There are so many in charge they have nothing better to do than harass the workers

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace yourselves

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant Chaos.

Demand Planner (Current Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsIf you are polically aligned with the owners children or have a cute smile you will do well in this company and get away with anything.

ConsI have been working here a few months and can it was the worst career decion of my life. There is just problem after problem and all they do is fire people without replacing them. My department is down 5 people due to firings since I came onboard a few months ago. Management wanders in circles and cannot get this place under control.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are completely clueless as to what actually goes on to make this place run. You are not doing a good job at all. The only purpose of the town hall meetings is to spin reality and to distract the employees from the sad state that this company is in.

Complete disconnect between ownership and reality.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsUnique product mix, even though unhealthy.

ConsOwnership does not see the issues and what type of problems are created in house. Profits over everything else is a way of life.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe most recent "reboot" (mass firing) is not going to get the job done and turn around the ship. A complete overhaul is needed. The constant meddling by ownership and management who don't know what is going needs to stop.

Worst career decision of my life.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsExperience, building your network so when everyone leaves you have contacts at many local companies.

ConsThis place is so unorganized it makes me laugh, I don't how a company can stay in business with this level of constant issues. So many people have come and gone, what is the point of training the new people? No one cares anymore and it shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere did you come from? Everyday is so ridiclous I can't do more than laugh about it. Word is getting out around Rochester that this is the worst place to work in the area.

Extremely Toxic Atmosphere

Customer Service (Current Employee) Williamson, NY

ProsBaldwin does not have an open door policy, they have a REVOLVING door policy.

This could be a really great place to work, but it is a nightmare. You will be forced out/fired within 24 months, which is a blessing in disguise.

ConsThis company is its own worse enemy. The constant firings make things extremely difficult to get anything accomplished because we are constantly training new people. The schedule is a joke and will change dozens of times a week because "planning" does know what is going on and constantly running in circles.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis place is a joke and will not get better as long as any Johnson is in charge. Your kids do not always make the best business decisions.

Due to high turnover through terminations and voluntary exiting there is no possibility of being able to do your job.

ProsIn the beginning I thought there were some. I was excited to work there. Due to the high turnover and not seeing an end to having to change focus and going through the learning curve process at each turnover and putting in endless hours to try to push through change only to have to fill gaps and not move forward has made me realize the glass is empty.

ConsPeople first is one of their core values and I have not seen any indication of truth to that statement in the 4 years I have been there. The high turnover rate creates chaos and direction changes every 5 minute's. Unless you are part of the limited few your suggestions and opinions are not valued and you can't get past the wall of the privileged to make things better for the people that have to do the work. I wanted to believe that it was sour grapes but I have come to realize it never was. They have turned over all major departments and it has not changed the chaos. The information and tools that the hands on people need to do their job is not provided to them to allow for them to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't take it in the past 4 years so I don't want to waste my time or their's.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I rather be unemployed.

Office Staff (Current Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsThe unrealistic expectations and demands are great for ownership and the customers.

ConsMorale is at an all time low and no one is doing anything about it. Many of my co-workers are looking to get out. The demands on the people and plant are so ridiculous and they just keep getting rid of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time to start over with a completley new phosophy and strategy.

Extremely Stressful atmosphere. They do NOT value their employees.

Office (Current Employee) Macedon, NY

ProsCompany is trying to grow, but has stalled out.

ConsEric Johnson is running around with his head cut off. He has no idea how this company is run or what is going on. They keep on hiring so many people with no experience to try to save some money. People are tired and fed up with everything and the constant state of chaos.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the hell out of the way and let us do our jobs. This constant witch hunt is ridiculous.

Worked for Baldwin Richardson Foods? Contribute to the Community!