Baldwin Richardson Foods

Very Positive & Rewarding Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Macedon, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is definately a growing and dynamic company with an engaged leadership. During my time here I have had numerous opportunities to go outside my core competencies to attempt new projects and new tasks. Management is really interested in development and empowerment of employees.

Cons

There are some work life balance issues but nothing very serious. Having worked for much larger companies the level of respect for outside family life here is much greater.

Stay the course! The recent changes have been and continue to be made are excellent! I really like the drive to start collecting data and moving from an "I think" to an "i know" culture of data driven decision making.

Turnover. Turnover Turnover. And guess what? More Turnover.

Current Employee - Office Staff  in  Macedon, NY
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

I cannot think of any. Just don't even bother applying, its a disaster.

Cons

The turnover is just out of control. It seems every week someone gets fired or quits. It shows on here that even posts 4 years ago are saying the same thing. No one likes it here and the fires keep raging on.

What is the average employment length at this company? 2 years?

You really need to ask yourself, why are so many people leaving and looking to get out?? You have to be honest, this place sucks. Don't hide behind a smile, realize what is going on and actually do something about it.

What a Joke.

Former Employee - Operations  in  Macedon, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in Macedon, NY

I worked at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady paycheck and ok benefits. I'm glad I left when I did.

Cons

When your co-workers walk off the job and you are already 2 drivers short really shows what kind of company this is. The HR folks are useless and there are so many of them, complete waste. They aren't doing anything, more people leave and get fired but rarely do we fill positions.

You have got to stop piling on the work load on the very few who are left. I don't know if this company will ever get straightened around. This is the worst it has ever been.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing Company, Fast Paced Environment, Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are amazing, people are great (especially the new hires) and growth potential is here. One thing I can say is this company cares about you and holds true to its values.

Cons

Not many...It's busy here but what's the alternative?

Stick to the plan. Great decision on bringing in such an impactful Dir of Ops. She is really making a difference and cares about us and our safety.

Demanding management, fast paced environment

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Macedon, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay is good, raises cam be slim, always something to work on, multiple learning opportunities

Cons

High turn over, unrealistic expectations, secrecy, under staffed because of the high turn over

Develop some talent for long term, work to reduce the turn over, empower your people to be able to work without fear of listing their job.

Complete disconnect between ownership and reality.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Macedon, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time

Pros

Unique product mix, even though unhealthy.

Cons

Ownership does not see the issues and what type of problems are created in house. Profits over everything else is a way of life.

The most recent "reboot" (mass firing) is not going to get the job done and turn around the ship. A complete overhaul is needed. The constant meddling by ownership and management who don't know what is going needs to stop.

Most Ridiculous place i have ever worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Macedon, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macedon, NY

I worked at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Good Benefits ,Good Benefits

Cons

Managers and Directors There are so many in charge they have nothing better to do than harass the workers

Replace yourselves

Constant Chaos.

Current Employee - Demand Planner  in  Macedon, NY
    Current Employee - Demand Planner in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods for less than a year

Pros

If you are polically aligned with the owners children or have a cute smile you will do well in this company and get away with anything.

Cons

I have been working here a few months and can it was the worst career decion of my life. There is just problem after problem and all they do is fire people without replacing them. My department is down 5 people due to firings since I came onboard a few months ago. Management wanders in circles and cannot get this place under control.

You are completely clueless as to what actually goes on to make this place run. You are not doing a good job at all. The only purpose of the town hall meetings is to spin reality and to distract the employees from the sad state that this company is in.

Extremely Toxic Atmosphere

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Williamson, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Williamson, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time

Pros

Baldwin does not have an open door policy, they have a REVOLVING door policy.

This could be a really great place to work, but it is a nightmare. You will be forced out/fired within 24 months, which is a blessing in disguise.

Cons

This company is its own worse enemy. The constant firings make things extremely difficult to get anything accomplished because we are constantly training new people. The schedule is a joke and will change dozens of times a week because "planning" does know what is going on and constantly running in circles.

This place is a joke and will not get better as long as any Johnson is in charge. Your kids do not always make the best business decisions.

Worst career decision of my life.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Macedon, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Macedon, NY

I have been working at Baldwin Richardson Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experience, building your network so when everyone leaves you have contacts at many local companies.

Cons

This place is so unorganized it makes me laugh, I don't how a company can stay in business with this level of constant issues. So many people have come and gone, what is the point of training the new people? No one cares anymore and it shows.

Where did you come from? Everyday is so ridiclous I can't do more than laugh about it. Word is getting out around Rochester that this is the worst place to work in the area.

Worked for Baldwin Richardson Foods? Contribute to the Community!