Balise Auto

Jeb Balise

I love my job

Current Employee - BDC in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - BDC in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Balise Auto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, easy going staff, flexibility with schedule when needed ( co workers are usually helpful with swithcing shifts to cover), paid vaction day, 401k plan, dental, vision and health benefits available, management is available to provide guidance and keep you on track to meeting sale goals and now all of the consturiction has been complete so we have a nice, organized dealership and lot. We take pride in making our showroom decorative and inviting

Cons

I dont have any cons

Walking the street or selling cars for Balise - the only difference is the real estate!

Current Employee - Sales Minion in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Sales Minion in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Balise Auto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a paycheck-- but even then, you usually have to give money back as the managers screw you out of your commission.

Cons

Transparency? What is that? The managers make the deals and never give you any idea when it's put together, what all it entails, nor do you get to see the details after the fact....numbers are being seriously manipulated, as there's no way these guys could stay in business with all the negative sales they're doing (according to my commission sheet!!) If you have no self confidence or pride in your work, this is the place for you. You'll get screwed both by management and by the customers.

You're spending so much more money on hiring new employees than you're spending on current employees salaries. People don't live to work - so don't abuse your employees by maxing out their hours. Factory slave labor went out with the turn of the century. Transparency - your employees are not stupid. Share information with them and they will take ownership of the situation. Don't screw them out of their commission just to pad your own even more.

Good company

Current Employee - Sales in West Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at Balise Auto full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The managers generally care about their employees and do thei best to satisfy the customer

Cons

Open a lot of hours

just awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

I worked at Balise Auto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

at least it's a job.

Cons

compensation is ludicrously low at all levels except upper management. they pull major changes without telling anyone and expect you to be perfect at it immediately. the pay systems are designed to pay you the absolute minimum possible. don't expect raises, cost of living increases, or anything like that. on top of all that, then they demand you work overtime to get your work done but you don't ever see any benefits other than your continued employment there. it's like the company is run by ebenezar scrooge.

promote from within; it's a heck of a lot cheaper than constantly finding outside talent. communicate more.

Good workers

Current Employee - Rentals in West Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Rentals in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at Balise Auto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment, customers tend to be friendly.

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest, some workers tend to slack off.

Very unfair managers

Current Employee - Sales in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Balise Auto

Pros

good inventory of autos, very good rate of pay for sales

Cons

Far to much back stabbing. Manager must like you or you dont have a chance even if you sell more cars than senior sales people in your first month. Help to sale a car example once I had to pay for a chevrolet emblem for the front end of a pick up or lose the deal.

Know when you have good people. Dont over load the sales floor with salespeople. And on a personal note how can you fire a sales person that sold more cars than 50% of the sales dept. on his first month. Dont you think you should have let me sharpen my skills a little bit who knows what it may have produced in the coming months.

Worst place ever

Former Employee - Changed to Suit Their Needs in Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Changed to Suit Their Needs in Warwick, RI

I worked at Balise Auto

Pros

None, if you like to be lied to or if your into watching them fire every one that worked for the old owner and we are talking about almost 100 employees. They feel it was with just cause, the old employees were to close to the old owner, please.

Cons

You name it. Only insecure management/owners feel they need to bring in all their own people.
    A good management team can make it work with the employees they have.
    They are a numbers store and what you have done in the past for them counts for nothing. How much you kiss a$$ and what will will do for them right now is all that counts..

Find a new job before they get you or hope balise sells out before they you blown out. I hear so many more complaints than I ever did with the old owner.

Work Holidays, weekends, work work work

Former Employee - Auti Sales in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Auti Sales in Springfield, MA

I worked at Balise Auto

Pros

Plenty of inventory to sell from

Cons

Not a friendly place to work

A lot of good people have been let go.

Could be alot better

Current Employee - Tech
    Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at Balise Auto

Pros

Decent place to work if you like working on cars. Place is very busy, not much down time. Good if your flat rate

Cons

Management sucks. High expectations made the working envioronment silly at times. Benefits are kind of high. Not much room for growth imo.

Respect your technicians more. Treat all you techs the same. Don't show favoritism to some and not to others. d