Ballantrae Golf Club

www.ballantraegolf.com
Profile Unclaimed

Ballantrae Golf Club Reviews

CEO

I've enjoyed the employment opportunity at such a nice course in comparison to others.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pelham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pelham, AL

I have been working at Ballantrae Golf Club

Pros

Ballantrae hires well educated employees, offers an excellent internship program not to mention a great course, pro shop and grill.

Cons

The general manager has a tendency to impose intimidation towards employees by reprimanding in front of other employees and customers which is considered to be very unprofessional in my book.

Provide monthly or quarterly evaluations to help with performance level and provide constructive criticism on an individual basis as opposed to in the public areas such as the course, pro shop or grill.

Very busy, lots of hours, great benefits package, never got to use my leave time I earned

Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Ballantrae Golf Club

Pros

Free Golf, Fun atmosphere, City Benefits, It was nice to work for an employer that had a commitment to details.

Cons

If the sun is shining the golf course is open. Everyone that comes to the golf course is expecting to have a good time and it is your job to make sure they have the experience they want. This can be exhausting. You will frequently be working on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.

Keep doing what you are doing. It is a hard business. Take good care of your employees because they are in turn what will set your course apart from other courses in the area.