Bally Technologies

www.ballytech.com

Bally Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Richard Haddrill

Pros
  • Very good salary - above standards(in 10 reviews)

• Good pay, better than average, other health benefits, snacks etc(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • this can lead to a strain in the work-life balance(in 42 reviews)

• senior managements, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE(in 14 reviews)

Watch your six.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people below management. Padding words

ConsInstead of laying you off, they will find some way to fire you and you'll be escorted out by the guards. I saw several very good people treated that way. Now this said everything I wanted to say, but they impose a silly minimum word standard. This last two sentences are absolutely meaningless, but are padding the the word count

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees.

Do not work for them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsNice fellow employees, hard working smart.

ConsEverything else, company is in a constant state of confusion. Strong employees with lost management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they do the jobs and they re good.

Fair company to work for

Customer Service (Former Employee)

ProsThere is room to advance within the company

ConsYou sometime have to work long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

With the recent acquisition of Shufflemaster, everything seems to be on hold.

ProsGreat schedule, decent pay, and benefits are just OK and at least with some departments they do provide company transport.

ConsCompany has become stagnant putting a hold on everything since acquiring shufflemaster. Even before the acquisition was final, they wouldn't spend the money they needed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your ducks in a row. You have good employees who are getting pushed to the side because you havent gotten things done in the last year.

Company claims to have have the interest of their employees at heart, not so!

ProsGaming industry has many good people working together to provide a fun experience for customers

ConsBig company attitude that results in no concern for the employees. Profit is the ONLY matter of importance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach!

Great Place to Grow!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsBally is the industry leader in Gaming Systems and Tables. Very stable company, no fear of the company going under. The Sr. Management encourages promotion from within, so you can advance your career quite well if you're hungry!

ConsThe expectation is that you get the job done, regardless of how many hours it takes to succeed... this can lead to a strain in the work-life balance. Also, the downside of them promoting from within, is that they don't have to pay as high of salaries to those who are being promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay competitive salaries to the people who you are depending on!

Decent organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsMy coworkers were awesome, we had lot's of new technology to use and learn, my specific section spent money on labs (although I know this wasn't the case in other parts of the company).

ConsNo career movement unless you're a "favorite". When I was initially hired, I was promised a promotion after one year. Needless to say, that never happened after numerous years and I'm in the same position I was in when I first came on board. Bally expects employees to be available to them at all times. Management also feels you owe them something because they hired you. There isn't clear direction in moving forward as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your most valuable resource. Measuring their worth goes beyond a tangible number on an accounting statement. My promotion was delayed for months (and still is which ultimately led to my resignation) due to "tough times" in the organization, but every VP (seriously, every. single. one.) was promoted to Senior VP.

Having more then 1year 6 month's experience

Prosgood salary and benefits in US

Consfrequent travel within United States

Overall great company to work for

ProsCompany pays well, no strict dress code, works you hard, but you have freedom with hours.

ConsThey expect you on early and late night calls. Expects you to drop everything if an emergency happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementFamily should always be first.

Overall Best Gaming Company

Client Project Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat, stable management. Customer centric, very approachable, humble, down to earth management.

ConsTough customer base. Many times dealing with unreasonable customers is really a pain.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with current style of managing.

Worked for Bally Technologies? Contribute to the Community!