Bally Technologies

www.ballytech.com

Bally Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Richard Haddrill

Pros
  • Very good salary - above standards(in 10 reviews)

• Good pay, better than average, other health benefits, snacks etc(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • this can lead to a strain in the work-life balance(in 41 reviews)

• senior managements, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE(in 14 reviews)

Avoid this company

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Atlantic City, NJ

ProsNone really, some of the lower level managers are easy to work with

ConsGaming industry is in shambles due to the ecomony, and Bally's knows it, and treats employees like cattle

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit playing lip service to the employees.

I had a great time working for Bally Technologies.I was provided with a lot of growth opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Compensation
    Good learning opportunities
    Great working environment
    Equal opportunity employer

ConsNot very process oriented.

Its like working on the Island of Misfit Toys...

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe pay was OK and there are a few good people sprinkled in there; but overall there aren't many pro's.

ConsThe leadership plainly favors Indians. As evidenced by a breakdown of population percentage compared to the number of Indians in leadership positions. They blatantly violate the terms of the H1B program and use it as a method for pipe-lining less expensive labor from India. They have little respect for US traditions and you will be disrupted regularly on US holidays if you happen to find yourself celebrating them. But god forbid you want to do anything while major holidays are going on in India! The culture, beyond the obvious display of racial favoritism, is completely cost based. This means that they always opt for the cheapest solution they can get for nearly everything in the business. And that may mean that you are stuck working with the worst kinds of solutions available to deliver whatever it is you do. It was often like trying to construct a commercial aircraft out of Popsicle sticks. And if you cant manage to do your job they will let you know that they can find someone in India to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management was some of the worst I have ever seen. The ethics displayed by the CEO and legal council were astounding. I decided to leave the company after the first time I met with them. Yes, they were that bad.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No work life balance

ProsTechnology and compensation. If you are bachelor and like traveling this may be good place be. Get to learn a lot about gaming industry

ConsLots of travel, even when you are not traveling you are assigned task which requires more than 12 hours a day to complete.

Political env.

No per diem for travel days. Most of the time you travel on sunday evening and return by friday late evening. And if you are in some bad projects your weekends are spoiled to

My recommendation if you have family this is not a place for you

another step to becoming a technician

Service Technician I (Former Employee)

ProsWe basically had ownership of all machines and access to all departments of the Establishment.

Consthey lack respect for other coworkers and various others for certain job positions.

Advice to Senior Managementgetting employees who have college degree based on the work being performed.

Fast paced gaming manufacturer encourages hard work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat co-workers, HR department that tries to make it fun with company events, a place that encourages learning, trying new things even if they sometimes miss the mark, a company that trying to bring itself into the 21st century of technology companies like the big boys in California.

ConsLack of career growth. Don't see much inside promotion in the company. Sometimes hard to get the tools to do your job. Encourage long hours with no overtime pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize talent and try to find ways to promote from within. And give some incentives for hard work when some employees put in 50-60 hours a week with no bonuses or bigger raises.

Welcome to bally, now get to work slave!

Engineer (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosyou get a paycheck, some cool people. Las vegas is a great place to live.

ConsWhile I was only there a couple of years, never in my life have I seen such shady management actions practiced out in the open. If you are not constantly buttering up to management, you will be black balled. Management at Bally are sociopaths, and will make fun of you with the other team members, right in front of you. They will also lie and badmouth you, behind your back, to the directors and VP's to cover their mistakes, while praising you to your face. If you try and complain about any of this, you will be let go, immediately. Bally hires "engineers" with no college degree of any kind, and if they are favored by management, you could have a masters/phd, and you will be getting your marching orders from someone who took programming in high school. Bally management are extremely high paid, and many of them work from home and sometimes show up only a couple times a year, while it is not uncommon for them to call you on a saturday, tell you to drop everything, and show up to work. During review time, to justify not giving a raise, they will actually say things like "we are only giving raises to or top 50%, you are not one of them, better luck next time!" Bally is a total scumbag outfit, steer far from this dump.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing you can do except fire yourselves.

Working in a jail!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a few nice people in the company and location was great to be working so close to. Insurance coverage was good

Cons- environment was like a jail had no windows just 2 doors on each end almost looks like the doors in an insane asylum! Every one got sick often.
    -Had to share 4 desk spaces with each shift since it was 24 hr operation did not get own desk
    -Supervisor of WAPs department was rude, inconsiderate, made fun of his employees or criticized them in the open or to that persons face, didn't care about his employees unless it was 2 certain people that he favored over, only cared about himself
    -not enough staffing for coverage. ESP weekends as gaming regulations state there must be 2 people on shift at all times in which almost every weekend each shift was alone for a few hrs
    -no place to go to move up to another position it was like you were stuck and can't go anywhere else
    -with the profit Bally makes, the raises were minimum like a $0.10 raise per hr which is horrible!
    -management unorganized and do not listen to its employees to help resolve issues

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that care about its employees and where supervisors want to see there team moving up within the company instead of dragging them down wanting them in one spot. Get people that care about others and not make fun of them!!!

Sweatshop

ProsSome cool technologies. Few good veterans in sales and marketing - and there doing a good job.

ConsRemember the movies about Asian sweatshops. With underpaid workers working night and day. Greedy managers who yell and exploit for their own gain. And only a few brownnosers get favors.

Well, enter Bally - they have successfully recreated it in the US of A.
    No exaggeration. Politics and Nepotism are rampant. Company is making record profits but employees don't see a penny - mgmt I dare say are getting their piece of the pie.
    Pay is low but workload is no less than a sweatshop - expect to work night and day, weekend and holiday. Managers and directors are always playing politics and favorites. And some of them yell and insult employees and get away with it.
    Ironically, the culture in India seems to be slightly better than US. The pay is definitely much better in India.

Ok place to work, steady work.

Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsLots of people who know a lot to work with. Good benefits. Steady job in a bad market.

ConsWay too much political BS. Overly cost observant, they scrip and save every penny to the point of having to search for office supplies when we are making record revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the environment more fun and relaxed.

Worked for Bally Technologies? Contribute to the Community!