Bally Technologies

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014
2.5

Richard Haddrill

Pros
  • Very good salary - above standards (in 10 reviews)

• Good pay, better than average, other health benefits, snacks etc (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • this can lead to a strain in the work-life balance (in 42 reviews)

• senior managements, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

I have been working at Bally Technologies

Pros

Good work culture generally.

Cons

Sometimes there is no open communication

Must be hard to hear at the top

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer I  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer I in Reno, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, reasonable salary, good people. The corporate events were kinda lame, and few and far between. The in office perks were pretty basic - coffee , tea, and water. Anything else was vending machines. But the people were great!

Cons

Upper management is totally disconnected from the lower levels. The middle anagement was super smart, with great ideas of their own and their people, but getting the approval from above was often impossible.

The people that are doing the work are the ones to whom you need to listen. That's where the value is coming from. The sales people can sell snow to Eskimos, but you need the things to sell.

Slim opportunities for advancement. Not people focused.

I worked at Bally Technologies

Pros

Some locations/departments are managed well. Fair wage and benefits.

Cons

Culture shifted. Bottom Line oriented. Personnel devalued. Some locations/departments rely on politics and finger pointing to deflect poor performance. Out-dated business operating systems.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible IT department

I worked at Bally Technologies

Pros

Not sure about other departments

Cons

Management brings in contacts from their previous work place

Say a big NO!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had to move to Las Vegas for family sake. When I looked out for companies sponsoring work visa Bally was one of them.
    I cannot think of any other Pros

Cons

I got offer at IGT as well. I made a huge mistake by choosing this over IGT. I was reporting to director of a team who had no idea about giving any directions to the team. He wasn't making enough to meet the company goals so he was putting his team (we were 4 people, yes 4 people reporting to a "Director") into any project belonging to any other team in Bally. There is no growth opportunity and there is no concept of 8 to 5 job ever in Bally. They don't value employees. No concept of being paid as timeoff or comps for working over time. Bally as a company wants to make employees work over time. People who work over weekend, new year and long weekend are the ones they hail as STARS . If you are entry level better not to choose this company. You wouldn't learn much

Value employees. They should be positively reinforced for them to be more beneficial to you. Appreciate their hard work. Don't make someone a director of a team (even though they have only 4 people reporting to them) just because they have been with the company for 10+ years.

Software engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to get a job in this company

Cons

They exploit employees from other countries, they make use of your immigration status. a terrible company to join. a lot of politics. games division is going down and systems has screwed up people.

Leaders should be more professional. You can't win doing Micromanagement

Stuck in a box with no way out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has some great coworkers, ability to work form home as needed. Industry leader with potential if they start to listen to their employees and see what talent they have working for them

Cons

Always stuck in a box, they talk about stepping outside of your job functions to help others but when you actually do this you are told that is not your place. They are losing talented people because they are not allowed to express their ideas without getting shot down. At review time I was given specific goals to accomplish in a time frame and was told that I would be promoted, goals completed and time came and went with no promotion.

foster the talent you have, you are losing good people because the is no where to grow and the work is not appreciated

Job was decently difficult and pay was OK but deadlines and at time inept bosses can be a bit much to deal with daily.

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Reno, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture was pretty laid back at least in the Games department Systems might be a different story. Depending on your boss they were pretty flexible with PTO for whatever reason(even though you are expected to meet the deadline regardless of vacations)

Cons

Compensation was not bad but not great. Some of the politics you have to deal with can be tough. There isn't a ton of room for growth no matter your qualifications. You can be the best, smartest, qualified employee but unless the upper management dies or retires it seems hard to move up in the ranks as I witnessed with several coworkers who ended up leaving the company for that reason.

Be a little bit more understanding of your "code monkeys". They are people with lives, problems, and families just like you. I know the deadlines are important but so is the actual quality of the product. You can have it fast or now but not usually both, at least not without also running your coders into the ground and killing morale.

It was OK , had a good team

Current Employee - Software Release Engineer  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Release Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Got to learn a lot as I started as a fresher in Bally Technologies.

Cons

Too much changes in management our team kept getting switched from one director to other.

NO Work/Life balance

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

More work more learning curve. Talented coworkers.

Cons

Work/Life balance is nill just work

Increase the staff distribute the work so that people will not always stay till 7:00P.M.

Worked for Bally Technologies? Contribute to the Community!