Bally Technologies Reviews

1. Stable Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company was stable, talented co-employees, travel, benefits. My overall experience with this company was rewarding and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get off the ground in their Career.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. I enjoyed my time there.

Advice to Management

I don't really have advice to give.

Was a good company

Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay grade is descent compared to the Casino stranded. You can get in high, but you will be stuck there for a very long time.

Cons

Nothing to learn too much of Brown nosing The management thinks: you are good for nothing, if you are not from the Atlanta GA's company

Advice to Management

waste of time

3. Wolf pack style Leadership

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays you very well compared to the industry std.

Cons

If you are not from the previous pack then you are reporting into one or you are out. Low or No employee morel. Lack of Communication from management Unclear Expectations and micromanagement There are only managers sitting in the top positions and no leaders at all Nothing to learn

Advice to Management

Waste of time

5. Good

Pros

Good work culture generally.

Cons

Sometimes there is no open communication

6. Terrible IT department

Pros

Not sure about other departments

Cons

Management brings in contacts from their previous work place

7. Say a big NO!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had to move to Las Vegas for family sake. When I looked out for companies sponsoring work visa Bally was one of them. I cannot think of any other Pros

Cons

I got offer at IGT as well. I made a huge mistake by choosing this over IGT. I was reporting to director of a team who had no idea about giving any directions to the team. He wasn't making enough to meet the company goals so he was putting his team (we were 4 people, yes 4 people reporting to a "Director") into any project belonging to any other team in Bally. There is no growth opportunity and there is no concept of 8 to 5 job ever in Bally. They don't value employees. No concept of being paid as timeoff or comps for working over time. Bally as a company wants to make employees work over time. People who work over weekend, new year and long weekend are the ones they hail as STARS . If you are entry level better not to choose this company. You wouldn't learn much

Advice to Management

Value employees. They should be positively reinforced for them to be more beneficial to you. Appreciate their hard work. Don't make someone a director of a team (even though they have only 4 people reporting to them) just because they have been with the company for 10+ years.

Must be hard to hear at the top

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer I in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer I in Reno, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, reasonable salary, good people. The corporate events were kinda lame, and few and far between. The in office perks were pretty basic - coffee , tea, and water. Anything else was vending machines. But the people were great!

Cons

Upper management is totally disconnected from the lower levels. The middle anagement was super smart, with great ideas of their own and their people, but getting the approval from above was often impossible.

Advice to Management

The people that are doing the work are the ones to whom you need to listen. That's where the value is coming from. The sales people can sell snow to Eskimos, but you need the things to sell.

Software engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get a job in this company

Cons

They exploit employees from other countries, they make use of your immigration status. a terrible company to join. a lot of politics. games division is going down and systems has screwed up people.

Advice to Management

Leaders should be more professional. You can't win doing Micromanagement

Job was decently difficult and pay was OK but deadlines and at time inept bosses can be a bit much to deal with daily.

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Reno, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture was pretty laid back at least in the Games department Systems might be a different story. Depending on your boss they were pretty flexible with PTO for whatever reason(even though you are expected to meet the deadline regardless of vacations)

Cons

Compensation was not bad but not great. Some of the politics you have to deal with can be tough. There isn't a ton of room for growth no matter your qualifications. You can be the best, smartest, qualified employee but unless the upper management dies or retires it seems hard to move up in the ranks as I witnessed with several coworkers who ended up leaving the company for that reason.

Advice to Management

Be a little bit more understanding of your "code monkeys". They are people with lives, problems, and families just like you. I know the deadlines are important but so is the actual quality of the product. You can have it fast or now but not usually both, at least not without also running your coders into the ground and killing morale.

11. It was OK , had a good team

Current Employee - Software Release Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Release Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to learn a lot as I started as a fresher in Bally Technologies.

Cons

Too much changes in management our team kept getting switched from one director to other.

RSS Feed </> Embed