Bally Technologies

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
2.7

Richard Haddrill

Pros
  • Very good salary - above standards (in 15 reviews)

• Good Pay,good infra different, different technologies but no usee (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough to handle Work life balance in some teams though (in 56 reviews)

• senior managements, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall great company to work for

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time

Pros

Company pays well, no strict dress code, works you hard, but you have freedom with hours.

Cons

They expect you on early and late night calls. Expects you to drop everything if an emergency happens.

Family should always be first.

Overall Best Gaming Company

Current Employee - Client Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Client Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great, stable management. Customer centric, very approachable, humble, down to earth management.

Cons

Tough customer base. Many times dealing with unreasonable customers is really a pain.

Continue with current style of managing.

Mathematician

Current Employee - Mathematician in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Mathematician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun Activities on friday afternoons

Cons

Same old politics being played in management

Avoid this company

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None really, some of the lower level managers are easy to work with

Cons

Gaming industry is in shambles due to the ecomony, and Bally's knows it, and treats employees like cattle

Quit playing lip service to the employees.

I had a great time working for Bally Technologies.I was provided with a lot of growth opportunities.

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time

Pros

Good Compensation
    Good learning opportunities
    Great working environment
    Equal opportunity employer

Cons

Not very process oriented.

Its like working on the Island of Misfit Toys...

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was OK and there are a few good people sprinkled in there; but overall there aren't many pro's.

Cons

The leadership plainly favors Indians. As evidenced by a breakdown of population percentage compared to the number of Indians in leadership positions. They blatantly violate the terms of the H1B program and use it as a method for pipe-lining less expensive labor from India. They have little respect for US traditions and you will be disrupted regularly on US holidays if you happen to find yourself celebrating them. But god forbid you want to do anything while major holidays are going on in India! The culture, beyond the obvious display of racial favoritism, is completely cost based. This means that they always opt for the cheapest solution they can get for nearly everything in the business. And that may mean that you are stuck working with the worst kinds of solutions available to deliver whatever it is you do. It was often like trying to construct a commercial aircraft out of Popsicle sticks. And if you cant manage to do your job they will let you know that they can find someone in India to do it.

The upper management was some of the worst I have ever seen. The ethics displayed by the CEO and legal council were astounding. I decided to leave the company after the first time I met with them. Yes, they were that bad.

No work life balance

I have been working at Bally Technologies

Pros

Technology and compensation. If you are bachelor and like traveling this may be good place be. Get to learn a lot about gaming industry

Cons

Lots of travel, even when you are not traveling you are assigned task which requires more than 12 hours a day to complete.

Political env.

No per diem for travel days. Most of the time you travel on sunday evening and return by friday late evening. And if you are in some bad projects your weekends are spoiled to

My recommendation if you have family this is not a place for you

another step to becoming a technician

Former Employee - Service Technician I
    Former Employee - Service Technician I

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time

Pros

We basically had ownership of all machines and access to all departments of the Establishment.

Cons

they lack respect for other coworkers and various others for certain job positions.

getting employees who have college degree based on the work being performed.

Fast paced gaming manufacturer encourages hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bally Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, HR department that tries to make it fun with company events, a place that encourages learning, trying new things even if they sometimes miss the mark, a company that trying to bring itself into the 21st century of technology companies like the big boys in California.

Cons

Lack of career growth. Don't see much inside promotion in the company. Sometimes hard to get the tools to do your job. Encourage long hours with no overtime pay.

Recognize talent and try to find ways to promote from within. And give some incentives for hard work when some employees put in 50-60 hours a week with no bonuses or bigger raises.

Welcome to bally, now get to work slave!

Former Employee - Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bally Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you get a paycheck, some cool people. Las vegas is a great place to live.

Cons

While I was only there a couple of years, never in my life have I seen such shady management actions practiced out in the open. If you are not constantly buttering up to management, you will be black balled. Management at Bally are sociopaths, and will make fun of you with the other team members, right in front of you. They will also lie and badmouth you, behind your back, to the directors and VP's to cover their mistakes, while praising you to your face. If you try and complain about any of this, you will be let go, immediately. Bally hires "engineers" with no college degree of any kind, and if they are favored by management, you could have a masters/phd, and you will be getting your marching orders from someone who took programming in high school. Bally management are extremely high paid, and many of them work from home and sometimes show up only a couple times a year, while it is not uncommon for them to call you on a saturday, tell you to drop everything, and show up to work. During review time, to justify not giving a raise, they will actually say things like "we are only giving raises to or top 50%, you are not one of them, better luck next time!" Bally is a total scumbag outfit, steer far from this dump.

Nothing you can do except fire yourselves.

Bally Technologies Photos