Bally Total Fitness

www.ballyfitness.com

Bally Total Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Steve Tucker

Pros
  • Free membership, cool workers, good smoothies, good location (in 12 reviews)

• The only Pro is a Free gym membership (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for trainers, personal training session at the time were too expensive, disorganized at times (in 5 reviews)

• Hires non certified PT's, Poor Management, Poor flexibility with schedule, Non-existant training (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Fitness Benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree club access, discounted merchandise

ConsCareless staff expects free shakes

History has a way of repeating itself...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation was mediocre. Established great relationships with some amazing colleagues.

ConsPoor management of assets and various supplier contracts led to unnecessary hurdles. Real estate department was exceptionally poor in this area. Job security would be in question a good portion of the time even while exceeding revenue goals.

A very succesful journey

Lifeguard (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

Prosits a organized company, with a very positive and ambitious points

ConsLow hours per week, low income

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways increase communication and kindness to customers , and employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bally total fitness

Prosfun atmosphere, great people to work with. Members are great.

ConsNo structure in promotion, commission was good at first but then sucked after LA fitness brought them up

Good place for a part time job

Fitness Coach (Former Employee) Towson, MD

ProsCompany allows you to make your own schedule. As a college student it is ideal but not if you are looking to make a living.

ConsLack of organization.
    Managers don't know what they are doing.
    No opportunity for growth.
    Low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess socializing more managing

Super start to my professional career

General Manager/Corporate Sales Area Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThis cutting edge Health Club offered upward mobility in every area. I advanced through management very quickly based on my sales performance. Supervisors were very supportive. Great pay! Achieved 100,000k in income before I left.

ConsVery long work days. Typical day was 12 hrs. Pay scale would change sometimes based on a large contract sold. Too much travel on the last half of my career. Was gone too long from my family

Advice to Senior ManagementTo select sales staff demanding a very high standard and work ethics.

The most fun - albeit poorly managed - company I've ever worked for.

Programmer (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsCIO was very aggressive about new technology and permitted a loose, happy work environment - all the while pushing us to be a high-functioning team. Best team environment I've even seen.

ConsThe business was poorly managed. They grew by acquisition, not by organic growth, taking on too much debt, and ultimately dying in paroxysms of bankruptcy cycles.

Advice to Senior ManagementNatural growth is always better (when possible) than buying competition - unless it's at a firesale.

wish it was still around

Senior Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Proscareer advancement, work environment, schedule

Consbankruptcy, bit off more than they could chew

Tired brand and political company

Personal Training Director (Former Employee)

ProsNone to add for this company

ConsPolitical
    Old worn out stores
    No money to fix up

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the stores

Programming for Bally Total Fitness was a daily exercise in frustration management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey were a Microsoft .NET shop from top to bottom, and they maintained an MSDN subscription.

ConsEverything else. The company is hurting financially and had already been through two bankruptcies.

Worked for Bally Total Fitness? Contribute to the Community!