Baltimore Country Club Reviews

Updated October 28, 2014
8 reviews filtered by
3.6
T Eedgie Russell III

1. Worth the pay, not the amount of politics you had to deal with.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Country Club full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great, the employees are fun to be around. Seriously the pay is very good for a server. You are fed breakfast and lunch and its rare to receive a break as a server, you are given 30 minutes along with the other serving staff

Cons

Management is a tad incompetent. Upper management is completely. Most management is very politically motivated, not in it for the purpose of making the work environment a better place to work.

Leave or erect very serious boundaries of who has what authority

2. Good Company, Management not so much

Former Employee - Server in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Server in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Country Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, friendly members and staff. A lot less stressful than most restaurants.

Cons

Management always steps on each others feet and undermine each other. You will do the same thing multiple times.

Too many new hires and not enough business. Have everyone on the same page

3. This was a good place to work a summer job and find connections to further your career.

I worked at Baltimore Country Club full-time

Pros

Good place to network with the members. The clubs members are mostly all kind and nice. The work place environment is very good.

Cons

There are a small number of members that do not treat the employees with respect. Some of the rules that the management came up with are a little unnecessary.

5. Bag Room Attendant in Golf Operations

I have been working at Baltimore Country Club

Pros

Prestigious country club, friendly staff, Monday golf priveledges

Cons

not allowed to accept tips

6. lovely great satisfaction gauranteed

Current Employee - Chef De Cuisine in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Chef De Cuisine in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Country Club full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

wonderful work place great learning atmosphere and best work experience in baltimore

Cons

location without car health insurance can be pricey

N/A

7. Worked as a camp counselor and a front desk attendant at the pool

Former Employee - Camp Counselor, Front Desk Attendant in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I worked at Baltimore Country Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed meeting my coworkers, who were right around my age (college age). We were an eclectic group which ultimately led me to realize I was headed down the wrong career path. I was glad to have met them and have kept in touch since the end of my employment there. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed though we had to present ourselves very professionally to the clients. They were also pretty good about giving me hours to work around my other job (never gave me trouble when I couldn't work certain weekend events). Plus we got water and soda at the bars which was great since it was so hot out that summer.

Cons

The wage was a bit low for me, especially for the effort that I put into the job. Also, I did work another job on the weekends but the person in charge of scheduling barely gave me hours after the end of camp (my other job was only on the weekends but I barely got more than 2 shifts a week). I wish they were a little less rigid with the work schedules; I would have loved to work a day of camp and stayed for a few extra hours at the front desk but that was never an option. During camp it was a bit hectic and sometimes not well planned out, but otherwise it seemed like they had hired too many people for my position at the front desk. Some of us should have only been brought on as counselors, and if you tell me I am to work the front desk I want decent hours please! Also, the kids at camp were usually ok but sometimes were a little less inclined to listen to instructions, which isn't the fault of the club, but it's still something to consider when applying. Some of them, you could tell, were not used to hearing the word "no." Get ready to run around after kids who never stay where they're supposed to - it's hard work, though it can be rewarding. Finally, it was horrible trying to get in touch with the direct supervisor - he never answered his phones and rarely answered emails!

8. Don't Bother

I worked at Baltimore Country Club

Pros

Convenient, Camaraderie among peers. High retention of staff (low turnover)

Cons

Inept, condescending management. Nepotism. Takes advantage of staff

When you create a schedule and delineate tasks, stick to them. Keeping your employees hours past the scheduled time, exploiting foreign workers for their money and assigning unrealistic duties is irresponsible and deplorable

9. great experience

I worked at Baltimore Country Club full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great multicultural experience during the time of employment

Cons

not many chances of overtime

Baltimore Country Club Photos