Baltimore Country Club

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

T Eedgie Russell III

Worth the pay, not the amount of politics you had to deal with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe pay is great, the employees are fun to be around. Seriously the pay is very good for a server. You are fed breakfast and lunch and its rare to receive a break as a server, you are given 30 minutes along with the other serving staff

ConsManagement is a tad incompetent. Upper management is completely. Most management is very politically motivated, not in it for the purpose of making the work environment a better place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave or erect very serious boundaries of who has what authority

This was a good place to work a summer job and find connections to further your career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to network with the members. The clubs members are mostly all kind and nice. The work place environment is very good.

ConsThere are a small number of members that do not treat the employees with respect. Some of the rules that the management came up with are a little unnecessary.

Bag Room Attendant in Golf Operations

ProsPrestigious country club, friendly staff, Monday golf priveledges

Consnot allowed to accept tips

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lovely great satisfaction gauranteed

Chef De Cuisine (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Proswonderful work place great learning atmosphere and best work experience in baltimore

Conslocation without car health insurance can be pricey

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked as a camp counselor and a front desk attendant at the pool

Camp Counselor, Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) Lutherville Timonium, MD

ProsI enjoyed meeting my coworkers, who were right around my age (college age). We were an eclectic group which ultimately led me to realize I was headed down the wrong career path. I was glad to have met them and have kept in touch since the end of my employment there. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed though we had to present ourselves very professionally to the clients. They were also pretty good about giving me hours to work around my other job (never gave me trouble when I couldn't work certain weekend events). Plus we got water and soda at the bars which was great since it was so hot out that summer.

ConsThe wage was a bit low for me, especially for the effort that I put into the job. Also, I did work another job on the weekends but the person in charge of scheduling barely gave me hours after the end of camp (my other job was only on the weekends but I barely got more than 2 shifts a week). I wish they were a little less rigid with the work schedules; I would have loved to work a day of camp and stayed for a few extra hours at the front desk but that was never an option. During camp it was a bit hectic and sometimes not well planned out, but otherwise it seemed like they had hired too many people for my position at the front desk. Some of us should have only been brought on as counselors, and if you tell me I am to work the front desk I want decent hours please! Also, the kids at camp were usually ok but sometimes were a little less inclined to listen to instructions, which isn't the fault of the club, but it's still something to consider when applying. Some of them, you could tell, were not used to hearing the word "no." Get ready to run around after kids who never stay where they're supposed to - it's hard work, though it can be rewarding. Finally, it was horrible trying to get in touch with the direct supervisor - he never answered his phones and rarely answered emails!

Don't Bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsConvenient, Camaraderie among peers. High retention of staff (low turnover)

ConsInept, condescending management. Nepotism. Takes advantage of staff

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you create a schedule and delineate tasks, stick to them. Keeping your employees hours past the scheduled time, exploiting foreign workers for their money and assigning unrealistic duties is irresponsible and deplorable

great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat multicultural experience during the time of employment

Consnot many chances of overtime

Worked for Baltimore Country Club? Contribute to the Community!