Baltimore Events

Baltimore Events Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Matthew Johnson

Great motivation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned more in 2 months than I did in 4 years of college!

ConsThere weren't any that I noticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. I'm taking the skills learned and applying to my new position. I've been promoted already, thanks!

Fun and exciting!

Campaign Manager (Current Employee) Laurel, MD

ProsThe work environment is awesome! If you like to have a good time than this is the place to be. In the past month I have grown so much with this company and had so many great experiences. I can't wait to see where I'll be in 4 more months!

ConsWork/life balance. I find myself going over the materials and networking sometimes a little too much. I wish I was able to time manage a little more effectively

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome!

Not all you think

ProsDecent travel perks if earned
    Free training- it's like an extension of college.

ConsCult like
    No real high end clients
    Salary

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent up front.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunities For Growth!!!

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI enjoyed having the opportunity to attend the top leaders meeting in Dallas and getting to network with people across the company including top owners. I enjoy being a part of a company that is dedicated to your success.

ConsEveryone doesn't appreciate the opportunities as much as others which is sad to see

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the management. They work very hard! Human resources dept is wonderful and so helpful! I say continue caring the way you guys do and you will always have happy employees.

Event Planning Coordinator

Event Coordinator (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIts very organized and fast paced. Everyone here is on point, and are great at working together to see things through. The management and leadership skills I have learned in the past 5 months are priceless, and I feel like I'm getting paid to go to school!! This company has the best training I've ever experienced anywhere because they are growing quickly and their standards are high!

ConsSometimes other members of the team can be careless when counting inventory and paying attention to detail which can set the whole team back in the long run when trying to hit our goals. However, we are all like a big family here and are great at problem solving so any issue thats ever occurred was always resolved well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication about schedule changes... more TV and Lap top bonuses please!! Christmas was awesome!!

Great Training and Mentorship!!! Uplifting people and hands on experience thats hard to find!!

ProsThe skills that are acquired through this program are absolutely amazing & I know people who would kill for the kind of guidance and mentorship that is provided at Baltimore Events! This position is no doubt a challenge because there is so much experience they need you to take in in such a short time & and this position will push you - especially if you are fresh out of college just like I was!! This company has pushed me to my fullest potential and I continue to grow as a professional everyday!! I have learned more in this position than I did in 4 years of college!

ConsNot everyone appreciates the skills they are learning as much as they should and are just in the opportunity for instant gratification - it is no doubt hard work, and there are some that work harder than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interactive meetings and building relationship exercises!

Great Company - A lot of Experience learned in short amount of time!! Great place to Start a Career!!!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsBaltimore Events has taught me so much!!! I have gained so many professional skills within the last 8 months that others don't get for 10 years because of the fast paced growth that this company is experiencing. Great team in environment! Great place to start a career, and they are super selective with who they choose to hire on so all the employees are just as driven and motivated which makes this an incredible team environment! I have seen so many deserving people get promoted. There are great travel opportunities as well! I couldn't have asked for a better job out of college. I've been very blessed.

ConsAlthough most of the employees have a strong work ethic, not everyone is down for the team... of course the most team orientated people are the most successful, but in a fast paced environment that has a lot of growth potential, this company tends to attract very strong personalities and there can be power struggles at times. Management can be a little better at mediating miscommunication between employees, but overall, nothing is really been that bad or overwhelming. In the end, most people that work here are open minded

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the travel opportunities!! Especially the ones that are a "thank you" to high performing employees! Its a great motivator!!

Great workplace environment!

Campaign Manager (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThere is a fun team atmosphere while still maintaining the focus and intensity of a rigorous training program. Even though I did not continue through the entire program I learned many skills that are relevant with my current position.

ConsWork/life balance. Time management is an issue because as you grow and advance you are given a lot of responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter time management and more bonuses.

Great Internship experience

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Parkville, MD

ProsTeam Atmosphere is great. Coming from a sports background myself I found this to be a great opportunity to be a part of a team.

ConsNo paid sick days. Work weekends sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementMore travel opportunities would have been great. In the internship program I would have liked to learn more about how to be a better leader and also public speaking.I will definitely re apply next year when I have the time to work!

Love working here!!! Great Travel Opportunities

Campaign Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe travel opportunities have been tremendous! Within the first 6 months I have been able to travel to Dallas, Jamaica & Puerto Rico!!

ConsTo get far in this company, you will have a very good team mentality and will have to work hard. There are other managers and brand ambassadors that are not willing to work as hard as others - management can be tough, but not too overwhelming, and I understand that they want the best for their employees, will make sure they come through for their clients, and most of all, make sure that you are doing what you need to do in order to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can tell that management cares about their employees, they also work very hard so the only thing I would say is to have more team nights and business outings ... oh ya and extra bonuses can never hurt! :)

Worked for Baltimore Events? Contribute to the Community!