Bamko Reviews

Philip Koosed

1. Awesome place to grow personally and professionally

Current Employee - Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bamko full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at BAMKO as an intern in the LA office while completing my MA degree. After three months, I was hired on and a few months after that, I was promoted. They were incredibly flexible when it came to my school schedule and understood that school was my first priority at the time. BAMKO is a very unique place to work. They have an amazing culture - one where people are very hardworking and passionate about what they do, but like to have fun at the same time. A positive, can-do attitude and the willingness to do whatever it takes to get things done are key to success here. BAMKO is an amazing place to learn and grow both personally and professionally. You will be asked to work hard, you will be pushed to do more, but you will benefit from it.

Cons

Many people struggle with work/life balance, but that also stems from the nature of the business. We are a global organization, so communication in the evening hours with our international offices is a necessity in almost every position. If you are organized and able to prioritize, this should not be a problem for you.

Advice to Management

Our culture is the best thing about BAMKO and sets us apart from competitors - its important not to lose sight of our values as we grow.

2. Bamko is one of the best places to work for

Current Employee - California in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - California in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Bamko is one of the best places to work for – great culture and a perfect place to learn and grow. This Company is run by dedicated and driven young group of entrepreneurs who are always willing to teach and share what they know about the industry. Bamko is also a big advocate of work-life balance.

Cons

Training for certain departments need to be re-tooled.

Advice to Management

Bamko is vastly growing, just ensure that growth is sustainable.

An exciting opportunity!

Pros

There are many pros to working at Bamko. First and foremost, it served as a great career opportunity for me. I was thrown a ton of interesting projects and been given significant responsibility. The people are great and the work environment is friendly. Compensation seems to be at or above market although I really don't know the market that well. Overall, Bamko is a positive place to work and I feel like exciting times are ahead.

Cons

The downside to working at Bamko is that there are a few people, particularly in mid-level management, that are kind of debbie downers. They contradict a lot of the direction from upper management and don't embody the overall positive culture that you see throughout Bamko. This small group of people can really drag down the overall mojo of the office.

Advice to Management

Don't keep people around if they aren't embodying what Bamko stands for.

5. Fun culture

I worked at Bamko full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bamko's culture and people are probably the best part of the company. It is rare to find in today's overly political corporate world. It is the type of place where you can are expected to speak up and people definitely do.

Cons

If you are used to a very corporate environment, then the informality of bamko might be an adjustment. Execs and management aren't protected by corporate walls which can be good, but you need to be prepared.

Advice to Management

The culture is absolutely awesome. Do not lose that. Protect it with everything because it makes the company.

6. GROWTH!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bamko full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at bamko for a few years now. They have brought in some great leadership which has given the company a really great vibe. For me, I now get a significant amount of on-the-job training and support. It is nice to see management investing in the future of the company like they are. The people are all great which is an added bonus. Work-life balance can be achieved if you are on top of your work, but you need to be talented to keep up. The vacation policies seem to be in line with most companies (3 weeks off plus holidays and additional granted PTO days once you have been with the company for a year). Bottom line, I am fired up to come to work every day and that is exciting.

Cons

It is a fast pace culture and the expectation is high. This can be very good, but I have seen it consume a couple people who couldn't keep up. It is an unfortunate byproduct of the growth the company is achieving. Still, it is always sad to see someone wash out.

Advice to Management

There are a number of leaders in the business that make you feel like we can take on the world. There are a still couple managers that are a bit more "glass half empty" types. Those people kind of stick out like a sore thumb at bamko and probably should not be with the company.

7. Solid company with solid growth opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bamko full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BAMKO is an aggressive company that is not afraid of growth and challenge. This leads to a startup feel with a ton of opportunities. Because the company has been around for over a decade the company feels very stable, but it also feels like the best is yet to come. The team that works at BAMKO are all really good people. They are the type of people you want to hang out with even after working a 10-hour day.

Cons

Bottom line. Challenge is challenging. So naturally, in an environment in which there is significant growth, you do find yourself excited but also a little nervous to keep up.

Advice to Management

14 years of straight of growth is impressive, but don't ever let that change the culture.

Very competitive & aggressive organization.....great leadership

Pros

Growing at very fast rate. People have to perform to their best to keep up. The CEO is awesome and has great vision on where the company should be heading.

Cons

As with most aggressive companies people who can't keep up are fired (probably common for most marketing firms). You either keep up with the break neck speed or are left out. Also there is no sense of ethics and there is a results no matter what attitude.

9. Amazing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Everyone in the company is amazing, and fun to be around. More than anything you feel like you're working with a family. You constantly interact with new clients so it never gets boring, and you have the chance to learn something new everyday. Also, has room for growth within the company.

Cons

No cons come to mind

Advice to Management

No complaints, everyone is very approachable and are great at communicating whatever the situation

10. Great culture. Challenging and empowering. Growth both personally and professionally.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bamko full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company cares about its employees and provides a good culture with fun events. Bamko was on upward growth pattern and the management challenges each employee to personally and professionally grow with the company. I was challenged each day but I was given the tools and empowerment to grow. I am a better person and a better potential hire for having worked at Bamko. I also got to travel to a few clients in the USA and travel to China to visit the offices and some factories. Seeing how products are made at factories was an experience I never thought I would have. 401k. Medical and dental benefits. Donation matching.

Cons

If you aren't ready to grow, learn, and be empowered, you might be left behind.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower everyone to grow both professionally and personally.

11. A fast paced, entrepreneurial company with plenty of challenge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bamko full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bamko is a company that has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade. In the years, I have been with the company, we have grown each year. With this growth, there is a significant amount of opportunity for growth for people who step up to the challenge. I have grown both personally and professionally as a result of this which has been quite rewarding. The environment is extremely friendly and the upper management does genuinely take a care for its people. It is important for them to constantly challenge people and see them develop. It is so nice to come to a place each day in which you genuinely enjoy the people you work with and the challenge of the job. Overall, Bamko has been a very solid experience and I intend to stay for quite some time.

Cons

Because Bamko is a growing company, I did sometimes see people get left behind because they were unable to keep up. In a fast pace, growth environment, there is a lot of pressure to always be evolving.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth push. You have a great group of people on board and it is important that you keep providing people with opportunity to grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed