Bamko

Updated Nov 4, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Philip Koosed

Great culture. Challenging and empowering. Growth both personally and professionally.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bamko full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company cares about its employees and provides a good culture with fun events. Bamko was on upward growth pattern and the management challenges each employee to personally and professionally grow with the company. I was challenged each day but I was given the tools and empowerment to grow. I am a better person and a better potential hire for having worked at Bamko.

I also got to travel to a few clients in the USA and travel to China to visit the offices and some factories. Seeing how products are made at factories was an experience I never thought I would have.

401k. Medical and dental benefits. Donation matching.

ConsIf you aren't ready to grow, learn, and be empowered, you might be left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to empower everyone to grow both professionally and personally.

Growth, Sales and Education

Technology (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bamko as a contractor for more than a year

ProsBAMKO is a place where you have the ability to establish yourself as a working person. You're given the chance to be mentored by an experienced team that has truly started from the ground up. The doors are always up for promotion within the company or new opportunities. If you're just starting out in the working world, this is a great foundation for work ethic. The culture is excellent. There are frequent team building events and meetings to motivate success.

ConsI see no cons. If you want a road map for success, this is the place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep moving.

Fast, Challenging, Fun!

I have been working at Bamko full-time

ProsI have been working at Bamko for several years and it is like a second family. The culture is one you don't see at many companies. Management encourages it's employees to work hard but play harder. The company organizes many events including social and community service events. It's one of few companies I know of that actually promote giving back. Expectations are high but Bamko's recognition of hard work makes it all worth it. Management treats everyone as equals and they are very approachable when employees have questions or concerns.

ConsI really don't see any cons after working for a lot of other companies. Sometimes the hours are rough because we work with china around the clock, but we are compensated for that time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe keep hearing mention of smarter brighter people being brought on which sounds great, I hope that continues to happen because it makes our jobs easier and its great to learn from people around us.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People, Awesome Company Culture!

I have been working at Bamko

ProsAwesome company culture! They always have something going on for their employees, from office events to individual team building outings. The office is surrounded with energy and constantly moving. They are also pretty flexible about letting you work from home when there is a need.

ConsI'm pretty optimistic with the growth of the company but as of today there are only two real career paths you can take - Sales or Account Managing.

A fast paced, entrepreneurial company with plenty of challenge

I have been working at Bamko full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBamko is a company that has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade. In the years, I have been with the company, we have grown each year. With this growth, there is a significant amount of opportunity for growth for people who step up to the challenge. I have grown both personally and professionally as a result of this which has been quite rewarding. The environment is extremely friendly and the upper management does genuinely take a care for its people. It is important for them to constantly challenge people and see them develop. It is so nice to come to a place each day in which you genuinely enjoy the people you work with and the challenge of the job. Overall, Bamko has been a very solid experience and I intend to stay for quite some time.

ConsBecause Bamko is a growing company, I did sometimes see people get left behind because they were unable to keep up. In a fast pace, growth environment, there is a lot of pressure to always be evolving.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the growth push. You have a great group of people on board and it is important that you keep providing people with opportunity to grow.

Working life

I have been working at Bamko

ProsLearn a lot quickly, very entrepreneurial

ConsReally terrible hours. Working around the clock...with clients all day and then with China first thing in the morning and late at night.

Advice to Senior Managementfind ways to give relief to employees so they do not always have to work around the clock

Worked for Bamko? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bamko reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bamko CEO Philip Koosed. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Bamko employees.