Banamex

Updated Jan 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Manuel Medina-Mora

My experience was great, but still had issues

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Banamex full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are part of bank great benefits, great people, great learning, I couls say beat bank in Mexico. If you work in afore! Less but still good benefits, tons of work you always learn, get to interact with bank and other companies. I loved it, able to create own strategies, training, etc

ConsNot too much possibility of growing there (bank or afore), managers and directors have been there forever and are not too open minded, don't appreciate your job, favouritism, too much work and slave of them, not life quality and not great salaries!. Commissions are always modidied so anyone wins!.. I have to say, I handled that for 5 years and loved my job, but in some point I was just done,. And from bank excecutives they were all tired!, but is a good bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the talented peoole you have, appreciate then and pay them, dont forget they ha e families and lives. I loved this company and quit for personal reasons, I have faith on them

Great until the consent order. Mayhem began along with harassment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Century City, CA

I worked at Banamex full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWhen originally hired on, the environment was interesting; meaning, their was a chance to vibe and tensions were not so high. I was able to interview, and once hired on, I took the initiative to learn everything i could about the financial industry. Reading, asking and involving myself with other departments. Inquiring about databases used, thus giving me the advantage of working efficiently granting me the time to continue my personal education.
The banks clientele base is from Mexico for the vast part of it, therefore there was that phenomenal hispanic cultural ambience (which nevertheless sometimes had its drawbacks) but overall gave some flavor to the environment, not too bland, at least in most of the banks departments.

ConsBefore the consent order

Times were still hard. Problems with other coworkers would not get addressed properly, regardless of how much you would make a complaint. Some managers lacked the "cajones" to want to address such situations, or even sometimes work. Dominos took up a great part of those individuals agendas, therefore i could see why important matters could be forgotten.

The departments were atrociously set up, all different types of people did roles that did not pertain to them, nor should it due to conflict of interest in a compliance manner.

I was fortunate to get promoted throughout my time there, but that is simply because i worked extra extra hard, and somehow made sure they had no reason to deny me a position that i could attain. However, others were not so fortunate. Their was definite favoritism amongst colleagues in other departments, and people who had zero brains, were randomly getting promoted to a managerial role. People who didn't know what their role entailed, and would call other departments and ask them how to do their job. Never understood this, but c'est la vie.

After the Consent order

Bank overtaken by an army of Citigroup VPs needing to clean up shop, and rebuild damaged goods. These people were a different beast of ugly.

Short and sweet: definitely a new air was breathed, at first it seemed safe, then as more and more came, lets just say HR turned the cheek, and others brushed their harassing ways under the rug, and nothing was done. Thought it was a great chance for the bank to get back on its feet, soon after i regretted even saying that aloud.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop harassing people, get rid of the new AVP people who are evil and rotten. Lawsuits are a possibility, if that continues.

Intense workload combine with downtime

Strategic Planning Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banamex full-time for more than a year

ProsWide overview of the bank through a wide range of businesses, actual work is not very technical, finance or economics, so that's a pro for people with a different background

ConsLots of workload spikes and actual work can be become repetitive, PowerPoint presentations design, data analysis, etc

Advice to Senior ManagementMore

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Global company that does nor care their employees

Senior Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at Banamex full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBig company, financial sector, conduct that is transparent, prudent and dependable, more than 100 years of experiene in Mexico, talented people

ConsLow salary, bad training, no medical service, they dont matter their employees, no pension system, worst voice of enployee, american people take control of them

Great place to work

Credit Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banamex full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat pay, training, a good career

ConsTo much people, difficult to get a promotion

Credit operation analyst at BEI

I have been working at Banamex full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunities of development within the institution and its many branches

ConsLong hours, learn as you go.

Banamex te best.

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at Banamex full-time

ProsIs a real University for knowledge and carrer in this company

ConsThe salaries are no competitive in the mexican market

Advice to Senior Managementtake the same levels for all americas countries

Great place to work and make career

Latin America GIU (Current Employee)

I have been working at Banamex full-time for more than a year

ProsGood salary, good benefits and work environment

ConsToo big, senior management does not communicate well

Advice to Senior ManagementOk but can be improved

Specialized Analytics Manager

Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
Mexico City (Mexico)

I worked at Banamex full-time for more than a year

ProsChallenging

ConsBureaucratic
Repetitive
Slow Growth
Bad Compensation
Recommend this employer to a friend

Excellent learning experience and employee benefits

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Banamex full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDynamic and constant learning. Good culture

ConsDifficulty to grow in the company

Advice to Senior Managementeliminate bureaucracy

Worked for Banamex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banamex reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Banamex CEO Manuel Medina-Mora. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Banamex employees.