Banana Republic

Banana Republic Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Banana Republic President Jack Calhoun

Jack Calhoun

Pros
  • Great discount to use over 3 brands(Banana Republic, Old Navy & Gap)(in 101 reviews)

• Employee discount is a nice perk (which applies or other Gap related companies)(in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Pushing credit cards is the only thing corporate is worried about(in 87 reviews)

• Employee raises were given once a year, but they cap sales associates in the Factory Stores at(in 38 reviews)

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love working here!

Lead Cashier (Current Employee) Malibu, CA

Pros1. Great Management for the most part and their willingness to help and make you feel welcome.
    2. WONDERFUL DISCOUNT!
    3. Usually, great clientele that come back and you get to know them on a different basis.
    4. Fast Paced

Cons1. Not too easy to be promoted within.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes, management likes to micro-manage, so it's very hard to get your job done with someone breathing down your back.

Great company to work for.

Visual Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-Company promotes employee growth
    -Fun coworkers
    -Great company culture

Cons-Miscommunication between managers
    -Could have a better system to help associates find and order merchandise that isn't available in their store.

Great discount, great people

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA

Prosamazing discount! pay raise every year guaranteed

Conswork schedule, work life balance isn't so great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good, pay could be better

Visual Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWonderful growth opportunities.
    Leadership team is willing to train associates that are eager to learn and grow within their field.

ConsLow pay, management gives lousy pay increases. Reviews are not toward the specific associates job title.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should realize the talent some associates have and give them the raise they deserve. Many associates leave due to lack of recognition and pay.
    HR also needs to learn which candidates to hire-many do not know what to look for when it comes to hiring visual/merchandising candidates.

Great experience, but lousy pay

Visual Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLeadership team is willing to teach associates that are eager to learn and grow within the company.

ConsHorrible raise when you get your review-it's very dissatisfying

Advice to Senior ManagementHr needs to know what to hire in order to get strong, experienced visual associates.
    Management also needs to take a second look at payroll when it comes to increasing raises for those that deserve it

Great employee discount.....and that's it!

Sales and Stock (Former Employee) Brea, CA

ProsEmployee discount. Absolutely nothing else.

ConsA joke of a salary, poor management, EXTREMELY labor intensive, demeaning with what they ask of you. Since '09 everybody has been replaced (except for maybe 1 or 2 sales associates), that should speak for itself. Pitiful stats.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit. This chain of The Gap is very poorly managed right up to the top it seems.

Decent as far as retail goes

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsIt does offer a 50 percent discount on clothes, which you can occasionally share with friends.

ConsThe pay is very low, considering how expensive the clothes are. Also no commission? This is just a stop on the way to a better place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't continue being pennywise and dollar-foolish. You can't compete with J. Crew by being super attentive to customers but underpaying employees and making cheaper quality clothes in China.

Inconsistent

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDiscount at 3 brands
    15 minute breaks
    Very flexible schedules
    Employee opinion surveys
    Employee appreciation month

ConsDepending on whether you are at an underperforming store or at a flagship, you're experience can either be good or bad. Because of "the power of yes", managers can pick and choose which policies they feel like adhering to that day. No one is ever on the same page.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis free- for-all environment causes a lot of confusion and double work.

its an entry level job.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Santa Clarita, CA

ProsDiscount 30% to BR, Gap, Gap branches and Piperlime.

ConsIts a nice store, nice people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer

Good place with room for advancement

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Camarillo, CA

ProsIt's a friendly work environment and the hours are usually pretty flexible.

ConsWorking retail, and having young and possibly immature coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a good store, but if there were any monetary incentives, it would be much better.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!