Banc of America Investment Services

Pure Madness

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPeople are OK. Job is interesting
    Reference materials are fine
    Pay and benefits are acceptable
    Office is clean and quiet

ConsWay way too much work putting incredible pressure on all who work there.
    Between the volume and the number of different processes, it is untenable.
    Don't have enough time to get work done much less check reference to verify the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to adding new process and verify that existing staff can handle, otherwise hire more staff.

Registered Sales Assistant

Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsBeing treated like an adult

ConsFA's have too much power.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay can get more loyalty.

Secretive, closed door management style keeps employees guessing

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSalary and benefits are above average

ConsSecretive, closed-door management
    Preferential treatment of small cliiquf of team leads

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude employees in the news, share business details with employees, don't play favorites

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

its ok

Financial Advisor Pathways (Former Employee) Melville, NY

Prospaid training and you get benefits

Consyour on your own no help

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Here you sit, don't think too hard

ProsFlexible, great benefits, pension and 401k

Conspopularity, nepotism and butt kissing seems to be the only way to advance, very lax in updating procedures and providing performance updates

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on skills and attributes of employees regardless of social status in office, do not take feed back personally, respond to inquiries and suggestions

Stay away from the IC

Investment Specialist (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsThe investment Centers are great for flexibility of scheduling and simplicity of the job. You can get a day off whenever it is necessary and the management rarely gives you a hard time when taking a personal day. The job does not need you to worry about it once you log out, so it is simple in that you can do anything you want once you are out of the office.

ConsLack of opportunities to move up and repetitiveness of the job. There is bad perception that if you work in the IC (investment center) then you are not worth promoting because people relate to individuals who work in an call center to be idiots. If you try to apply for positions outside of the IC you will almost never get a call back or a invitation for an interview from your internal recruiters. The job is ok in the beginning when you are learning about some trading restrictions and basic software usage but once you go over that learning curve then everything and everyday is repeating the same things, more than 95% of your calls will be the same as a call you handled before. If you are desperate for a job and need some benefits then you can consider working here but if you plan on moving up in BAC then you should stay away as far as possible (A personal banker with no security licenses could move faster than you could working in the IC) .

Advice to Senior ManagementThe IC is a great place for you to look for FAs, researchers, and traders. In fact many of your so called "Financial Advisers" are so poorly trained that they do not possess basic ideas of asset allocation, financial models, BAI operation procedures and portfolio hedging strategies, yet you have IC (CALL CENTER REPS) reps who are well versed in these financial services practices and some even have advanced designations, charters and MBAs. So, look into the IC for your future stock researchers, traders, and advisers, I assure you will find some hidden gems.

It was a job,not a career

Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsBenefits and bank culture, nice people to work with, perks such as childcare stipend, decent products to offer, great hours

Cons"not my job" attitudes, technology is horrible, some co workers are lazy or should just simply retire, clueless or noncaring attitude of some of the advisors and management.

Advice to Senior Managementsome of the management had a bad attitude. The branch manager was great, but dealing with the manager below was an absolute nightmare

The right place to be for a career in financial services going forward

Pathways Financial Advisor (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsA great institution who's branding alone can put a new Financial Advisor in front of Mass Affluent clients. Not many other firms can bring the amount of prospects to an FA that BofA can. The new ML platform will position the largest banking franchise with the best Financial Advisors out there. With 500k new high net worth client relationships coming in the door year over year. This is in addition to the approximately 8 million existing clients that qualify as Mass Affluent. For any young advisor looking to grow their practice, we all know how hard it is to market yourself to this segment. The bottom line is no other organization can put more clients in front of skilled people than BofA

ConsAt the moment there is some cumbersome processes that slow down the production for FA's without sales assistants.

Advice to Senior Managementnon

Merge with Merrill right away and rehire the premier bankers.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThere are none. Highly disfunctional. Go to a wirehouse or a better bank brokerage. Once Merrill fully integrates the company, it may be a better place to work and the name recognition of the Bank may be a positive factor.

ConsInsane policy and procedures. Compliance is out of control. Very hard to do any business. Technology is 15 years behind the industry. Morale is at an all time lowpoint. The premier bankers where fired and now the brokers have to manage checking accounts and lending for their clients without being paid to do so. Referrals from the retail bank are non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and let the real Merrill guys run the firm. There are some decent managers but the entire system is flawed and needs to be scrapped.

No integrity at Banc of America Investment Services.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe health care benefits, and the people up to but not including management.

ConsThis is an organization that has no clue of how a full-service investment firm is supposed to operate. There is a complete lack of integrity on the part of management. They lie as to the opportunities to get you to join them, and then, once locked-into a long-term contract, change the requirements of the job, and changed the compensation plan so as to reduce my income to what I was earning 30 years ago. Please do not repeat my error. Stay away from this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet me out of my contract. Please!

Worked for Banc of America Investment Services? Contribute to the Community!