BancFirst

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David E. Rainbolt

Overall it was a good experience, BancFirst cares for their employees.

Loan Administration Clerk Note Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at BancFirst part-time for more than a year

ProsGood atmosphere, friendly employees, good training.

ConsI disliked the management of the employees.

Good values and structured training

Personal Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at BancFirst part-time for more than a year

ProsThe bank invests a lot into the training and education of the employees. They make you feel like a valued employee. I never felt like they asked me to bend the rules or do anything that would compromise my personal integrity.

ConsNot many cons except the location I worked at had extra long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing into your employees, but be mindful of the locations that have untraditional hours. It can be hard on the staff, especially when all other offices and resources are closed.

Strict and confident

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at BancFirst

ProsIt is a really nice place to work.

ConsTellers get over looked at times.

Great experience

Teller (Former Employee)

I worked at BancFirst part-time for more than a year

ProsThis was a positive working experience for me. I was a part time teller as I was a full time student. My manager worked around my school schedule all the time. She was a great manager and was never hateful to us other employers that were under her. We were all friends and always got along. We had great customer service at our branch as well. Just an overall pleasant working environment. There were a lot of opportunities for promotions - I was never able to move up because of my school hours but I was constantly seeing people move up into higher-paying positions with more responsibilities.

ConsThe only thing that my fellow employees and I griped about was - as we were one of three BancFirst branches in town, and not the main branch, we sometimes felt like we were left out, red-headed stepchild-style. We got the leftover phones and computers, etc. And also that the lobby had to be open on Saturdays. The main branch only had drive-thru open and we thought it was only fair that we get to close the lobby as well. Alas, it was not to be. Just one other thing that bothered me: One time, my manager had a couple in her office who wanted something done that would have gone against policy. She stood her ground and politely refused their request. They yell and carry on and then go down to the main branch and talk to the president. He turns around and grants their request. It totally undermined my manager's actions and made her look like the bad guy when she was just doing her job. This really, really upset me, possibly more than it did her. It just wasn't right.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you are consistent with your policies. If you tell your managers and other employees to adhere to certain rules, you shouldn't go over their heads and break those rules. It just looks bad. Even if you are just trying to please the customer. The policy is the policy for a reason. Overall, great company!

It is a great company to work for.

I have been working at BancFirst

ProsThere are great people within this company, and if you are looking for a good part time college job the hours are flexible.

ConsIt is hard to move up through this company.

Worked for BancFirst? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BancFirst reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BancFirst CEO David E. Rainbolt. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by BancFirst employees.