BancTec Reviews

Jim Reynolds
1 Rating

1. Good place to work

I have been working at BancTec full-time

Pros

i love working here. i started working there just a few months ago and because advancement within the company doesn't rely on experience, rather the quality of your work I was promoted in no more than a few short months. Additionally the company holds itself to a high standard when it comes to integrity and customer satisfaction so you can feel good about your work.

Cons

It can be repetitive work.

2. gloom and doom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I have been working at BancTec full-time

Pros

great coworkers and easy work

Cons

Lets see you know the saying sh*t rolls downhill now take that to the nth degree. It always starts at the top. easy to see how very little the people in charge know about being in-charge. from the two headed "site managers" system down to the shift supervisors the place is downright an incompetent asylum. Penny pinchers who are busy stuffing their own pockets with any or all left over budgets provided by corporate. the supervisors that site managers hire, some of whom i question can put together a proper sentence let alone have an extensive managerial resume, shows you a system where people are brought in with the intention to control and manipulate rather than encourage a healthy working environment which entails a high morale among the employees and a company that potential clients would want to go into business with. the whole place is depressing with very little credit given to the few people whom seem to know what their talking about. its more about which supervisor you are under and how tight that supervisor is with the big bosses that you can get away with having multiple errors, tardiness or plain insubordination. plenty of things you can get away with here as long as you are close to the very people in charge. company keeps getting bought out every couple years but the sad unqualified pathetic faces of the upper management still cling onto their posts. No Raises, No Voice and quiet frankly No one gives a damn. and the beat goes on.

Advice to Management

Retool, bring in fresh faces to change up the scenery. get rid of the people who are in the positions to make decisions clearly they did not get there based on their qualifications and most importantly talk to your employees they work for you there is no need for a superiority complex where it is looked down upon if you are ever seen talking to one of them.

Terrible "Global" Company

I worked at BancTec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros.....except the people I worked with. Everyone was beat down.

Cons

DO NOT WORK AT THIS COMPANY....A FAILURE FROM TOP DOWN TO MID MANAGEMENT.

Advice to Management

QUIT.

5. A word about SLA's

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at BancTec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging work, great support structure, 401k, credit union,Vision, Dental, Medical that includes multiple cancer types, advancement opportunities. You will gain knowledge of how to properly key medical claims of various types and forms.

Cons

This IS an SLA driven business ( at my location) and as such there are times that overtime will be requested to meet the clients needs. This is not a con but a cost of doing business that is able to employ people. They give you the information about schedules and hours upfront. It is the first thing they tell you. Then you are made aware over and over during the interview process. They give you detailed information about the job that you are applying to do, what is expected of you, the team, the company. Everything that they have ever told me I have found to be both helpful and true.

Advice to Management

My Senior management team is always there for me and my team no matter the issue and works closely with us to achieve our goals. Other supervisors in various locations are always available to me if any specialized work is needed.

6. It was temporary work for only a year.

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Irving, TX

I worked at BancTec

Pros

Nice people to work for. Set schedule with no surprises.

Cons

Have to wait at least a year before they hire you on permanently.

Advice to Management

Management needs to communicate more specifically on what temporary people need to improve on to make them more valuable to your team.

7. 14 years down the tubes due to new ownership.

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Accountant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Payroll Accountant in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Left alone to do my job.

Cons

New owners gutting the US employee base. Administrative functions moving to India.

Advice to Management

What management?

8. This is a sickening company

Current Employee - Worker in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Worker in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't have 5 good words to say about this company.

Cons

This company continues to bring in new opportunities by adding new customers; however, where is it going? Although it is true that more jobs=more employees; however, when your profits increase, you should at least show your employees that you care just a tad bit. For God sake, you took away sending floral arrangements for employees who experience immediate death in their family as well as recognition for tenure!!! You don't pay your bills on time!!!!! The Senior Management staff receives yearly bonus, what about your lower level workers? We always hear "Our employees are #1"... those are only words! I don't see any bright future for this company.

Advice to Management

Show some type of appreciation!

9. It was a horrible experience!!!

Former Employee - QC Indexer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - QC Indexer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BancTec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

U got a paycheck but even that was crap with their forecast hours I never heard anything like that in my life

Cons

The supervisors there sucked they had major attitude and talk to u like your a child!! No good hours!!

Advice to Management

U need to spend more time talking to your employees and see what's going in instead of believing everything your manager tells you!! This is the Atlanta Ga location!!!

10. Depressing Environment With Never Ending Expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at BancTec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth (due to employees dropping like flies). There are many truly great people working for this company though they are outweighed by bad attitudes and slackers. Most of the good people have already jumped ship.

Cons

Lack of resources made it difficult to meet client expectations. Continuously promoted people with terrible attitudes and work ethic. Never received a pay raise during entirety of employment nor did the majority of my coworkers. Depending on position, 14-16 hour days were a common occurrence. No accountability.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people!! Continuing to put more and more responsibility on the hard workers is only going to inspire them to leave sooner.

11. A case study on how to NOT run a business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec (More than 3 years)

Pros

As with most Companies, it had some good conscientious people.

Cons

Inept, deceitful management with no strategy much less tactical execution. Accountability was a matter of blaming down line employees. The closest thing to true leadership was a book on someones shelf on leadership. Old technology and poor process leading to unrealistic expectations. This Company has two personalities, the old one that led it to be successful and the last 8 years which tried to market the horse and buggy as modern transportation. Mercifully it has been swallowed up on sale by other companies in merger activity. Perhaps Management can find other jobs with no accountability.

Advice to Management

Repent

RSS Feed </> Embed