BancTec

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

J. Coley Clark

A lot of really nice people but doesn't pay competitively enough.

Data Entry (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX

I have been working at BancTec full-time for less than a year

ProsThe job is easy and there is little supervision, no one's breathing down your neck. You're also allowed to listen to music on any device as long as its not a phone and it doesn't have a camera.

ConsIt's only pays minimum wage, but if you're hired full time you receive benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay above minimum wage so that people stay longer.

BancTec provided opportunity for hard workers.

I have been working at BancTec

ProsWorked with a great team of coworkers in a challenging marketplace. Worked from home and field.

ConsExecutive team changed often during my time at BancTec. I was in the services group and they did not treat that function as highly as the hardware side. It looks as if they have now focused on their core product and services and that may not really be a con, but they shed an entire services group that was profitable in the process.

Underperformer in stagnant industry

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at BancTec full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome extremely talented long time employees

ConsLack of vision and focus of upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer and employee satisfaction, take care of even the small accounts.

The benefit of working for Banctec is knowing I got in at the right time.

Data Entry (Former Employee)

I worked at BancTec full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree wifi, friendly people, and decent starting pay. When I got the call to work for the company, they had just gotten a great contract with a client whom gave stipulations that must be followed, which included a minimum wage among the data entry clerks and the scanner operators.

ConsHostile working environment, awful leads, and an inability to keep clients. Once at Banctec we got hit with a hire freeze and a pay increase freeze for the duration of our stay. Still did not stop them from using temps who got paid more than the full-time employees. Many of whom have been working there for years, yet still employed by the temp agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust know you put the wrong people in charge. All the other managers you let go were so much better at their job than whom is currently managing.

Average job in a very average company

I have been working at BancTec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros- Pay levels are reasonably good, despite lack of pay-raises
- Some recent technology investments have dragged the company out of the 80's
- Company could be a good place to work, with the right strategy

Cons- Weak executive leadership team
- No clear vision
- Company revenues are in decline
- No pay-raises in 5 years for US employees
- Poor levels of morale

It's been interesting

I have been working at BancTec full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people I work with are all very professional, focused, and dedicated to providing a quality product and/or service.

Cons"The cobbler's children have no shoes". Banctec provides a quality product in the business process arena, but can't/won't provide the same service internally. Things have improved somewhat in the years I've worked here, but there's still a long way to go to make processes seamless across the company.

Good pay and opportunity

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at BancTec full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay and benefits, lot's of good people.

ConsVery rigid about 8 to 5 in office, forget remote.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a more current business model, measure performance not hours at a desk.

Field Service Organization is Top Notch but short sighted management

District Field Service Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at BancTec full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPersonnel in field service organization has always been like family. Always personable and willing to help team members.

ConsUnfortunately upper management has lost it's commitment to the field service organization. Basically no investment in field service and it has become a cash source for the BPO organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither invest in the future of service or sell to an organization that can utilize the talents for growth of their organization.

Needs to get more business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at BancTec

ProsOk benefits, ok salary, ok responsibility

ConsLosing business and market share

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job selling your product

Can't Hold onto Business and Can't Adapt to Changing Market

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at BancTec

ProsPay---Can't complain about compensation. Base Pay rate was reasonable but management was constantly screaming about overtime..something you need to live with when writing 7X24 contracts.

Benefits---Company provides standard bebefits but is charging more and more for less and less.

ConsRespect----This company has ZERO respect for their employees. They are treated like a necessary evil that the company would love to get rid of at the frist opportunity. We were supposed to be in the business od solving problems...but when a problem arose, instead of figuring out what to do about it, the company gets upset and starts looking for someone to blame. Machine stats were submitted to management daily...This stats system was originally implemented as a diagnostic tool. But they have tried to turn it into a marketing tool and want to know why there is any decline and a detailed report on why it happened and what will be done.

Job Security----There is none. Upper management has no confidence in being able to secure business. They loose what they have through incompetence. They finally resorted to insisting the field people provide sales leads. I thought that's why we had a sales department.

Work/Life Balance----What balance? They run a skeleton crew..(if you are lucky) and there is no backup. You are constantly on call will be chastised if you are unavailable for any reason.

Career Potential/growth-----Zero. Especially in the Field services. All areas are being cut drastically to the point of being unable to do the job.

Location-----Was able to spend most of my time in my home area with only a small amout of out of town travel. But management forbid travel of any kind and even looked hard at local travel to assigned areas.

Co-Worker competence----For the most part I must say that my co-workers were VERY competent. They knwe what they were doing and deserved far more than the constant browbeating given by management.

Work Environment---In a word...Horrible. Management didn't know and didn't care what was going on in the field unless there was a complaint. Then instead of supporting the employee...they would leave him/her twisting in the wind. Pricing structure of products was such that making money was almost impossible and they refused to raise rates instead constantly cutting parts and people. They passed on legit billing opportunities for fear of angering the customer. And regional manager constantly OK'd free moves and installs. Something IBM would never do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employess with the respect they dseseve and please price your product so you can make a reasonable profit without having to cut corners.

Worked for BancTec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BancTec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BancTec CEO J. Coley Clark. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by BancTec employees.