BancTec

Updated November 5, 2014
Updated November 5, 2014
2.2

J. Coley Clark

Great company in its glory years

I worked at BancTec full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Really terrific group of people to work with both in the USA and overseas offices. Lot of hardworking people, who genuinely wanted to improve the client experience.

Cons

Moving from high value software solutions into the BPO business space was a challenge. Lot of staff turnover made things difficult at times.

This is a sickening company

Current Employee - Worker in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Worker in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I don't have 5 good words to say about this company.

Cons

This company continues to bring in new opportunities by adding new customers; however, where is it going? Although it is true that more jobs=more employees; however, when your profits increase, you should at least show your employees that you care just a tad bit. For God sake, you took away sending floral arrangements for employees who experience immediate death in their family as well as recognition for tenure!!! You don't pay your bills on time!!!!! The Senior Management staff receives yearly bonus, what about your lower level workers? We always hear "Our employees are #1"... those are only words! I don't see any bright future for this company.

Show some type of appreciation!

It was a horrible experience!!!

Former Employee - QC Indexer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - QC Indexer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BancTec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

U got a paycheck but even that was crap with their forecast hours I never heard anything like that in my life

Cons

The supervisors there sucked they had major attitude and talk to u like your a child!! No good hours!!

U need to spend more time talking to your employees and see what's going in instead of believing everything your manager tells you!! This is the Atlanta Ga location!!!

A case study on how to NOT run a business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec (more than 3 years)

Pros

As with most Companies, it had some good conscientious people.

Cons

Inept, deceitful management with no strategy much less tactical execution. Accountability was a matter of blaming down line employees. The closest thing to true leadership was a book on someones shelf on leadership. Old technology and poor process leading to unrealistic expectations. This Company has two personalities, the old one that led it to be successful and the last 8 years which tried to market the horse and buggy as modern transportation. Mercifully it has been swallowed up on sale by other companies in merger activity. Perhaps Management can find other jobs with no accountability.

Repent

Depressing Environment With Never Ending Expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at BancTec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth (due to employees dropping like flies). There are many truly great people working for this company though they are outweighed by bad attitudes and slackers. Most of the good people have already jumped ship.

Cons

Lack of resources made it difficult to meet client expectations. Continuously promoted people with terrible attitudes and work ethic. Never received a pay raise during entirety of employment nor did the majority of my coworkers. Depending on position, 14-16 hour days were a common occurrence. No accountability.

Take care of your people!! Continuing to put more and more responsibility on the hard workers is only going to inspire them to leave sooner.

As shift Lead, I have seen numerous internal problems of the company that management has been unsuccessful in resolving.

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BancTec full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PTO increases over the years, decent benefit choices, frequent breakfast supply by company

Cons

Its been nearly a decade since employees have received any considerable raise. Contract workers becoming full-time do not receive compensations or increases during transfer. Management lacks clear and effective direction, and resolutions to small and major issues. Mandatory over-time is sometimes requested at the end of shift.

Work towards respecting, involving, being transparent, and participating with employees.

was fine, didn't last long enough

Former Employee - Maintenance in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at BancTec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

boss was good, pay good. working environment was very good. great location. work was challenging but rewarding. was sorry to leave

Cons

hours a bit tough. i normal work an evening type shift and have for some 20+ years. Was a new experience

n/a

No Family Life, Do Not Appreciate Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec full-time

Pros

At least I get a paycheck

Cons

Long Hours, no family life, impossible expectations, no promotions or pay raises for anybody.

Be more realistic, get to know your employees, show your employees that you appreciate them, stop by and see what they do -- many don't even know the owners and senior leaders as they never go to building one. New owners are not realistic. Heard them say they value employees and clients but they are only words - they have never shown us they care at all for us except to expect more out of us without even a thank you or bothering to get to know the business or what we do.

New Owner's Lack of Focus showing up in lack of improvement

Current Employee - Corporate in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate in Irving, TX

I have been working at BancTec full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people at most levels. Decent home life balance.

Cons

New owners seem to have the same sense as previous leadership - too much internal focus, so middle managers run around preparing internally focused reports. Massive layoff of nearly all Finance and Accounting personnel is leading to greater morale issues. Leadership team on campus is back stabby and spends more time cultivating the blame culture that is hindering this company.

No raises. No career advancement opportunities.

Work together as a team. Stop back stabbing and undermining/blaming each other at every turn. FOCUS on what BancTec does today and how they can improve in an effort to differentiate in the market. Pay attention to the issues in Delivery and the quality issues that are falling at your doorstep.

Management is not trustworthy

Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Irving, TX

I worked at BancTec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people who do the work are great, hard-working people.

Cons

Company does not realize that employees are their most important asset. Leadership is not trustworthy and cannot be taken at their word. Anything that is promised to you make sure you get it in writing. The leaders always get bonuses but the employees who do the work are overlooked.

Honor your commitments to employees. Take care of your employees before you take care of the leaders.