BancVue Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Great culture, great management, fantastic employees (in 5 reviews)

• Great vision and goal to save the struggling community banking industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • BancVue is still having growing pains (in 5 reviews)

• Espoused transparency but acted opposite (in 2 reviews)

1. Really learned a lot in my internship/ part-time employment

I worked at BancVue

Pros

Really great people, Friday happy hours, wonderful managers, trust in competence of employees, lots to offer in terms of experience

Cons

I worked on MANY projects that I found out were not even necessary by the time they were completed either that or they were never used by the employees they were built for. When I was assigned the projects, I was told that they were very high priority and part of the main business goals of the company. Come to find out, they apparently weren't that important.

Advice to Management

While it seems that the open forum of communication between management and employees is beneficial, care should be taken that the right goals are being addressed in the most efficient way.

Jun 25, 2015Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for both the positive review as well as the constructive feedback. We'll continue to work on our alignment and making sure that each project we initiate ties directly to our main company goals.

Work, Culture, Love

I have been working at BancVue

Pros

I love coming to work everyday! I haven't always had work that I can say that about. There is a true sense of caring along with intensity of getting stuff done. This is a business, so of course decisions have to be made that ultimately will create profit. Having said that - I have never been in a workplace that balances culture, values, mission, along with making a profit.
    The patch (our values) is interwoven in all we do. It's part of the vernacular. That requires true top down, bottom up commitment.
    We are given so many opportunities for growth and learning outside of our regular role/job duties. We are also given opportunity to be vulnerable and make mistakes. I have been able to stand up (in fact we are obligated to do so) and speak my mind - sometimes in direct conflict of upper management. I have never been shut down or been retaliated against. I've either gotten a no, and this is why or a yes, great idea! This type of behavior fosters growth and trust. Which ultimately makes me a better overall employee who is dedicated, loyal and wants to be my best.
    I asked a new hire the other day how she was liking the new job. She said she was in the elevator with the CEO and he introduced himself b/c he noticed that she was new. She said he was genuinely interested in learning about her. She said she was surprised that in a company of 300 that the CEO would one; notice a new person, two; would introduce himself, and three; care to learn more about her.
    Now, really, how many companies have CEOs that do that? Taking time to slow down and show you care goes a really long way.

Cons

I believe there are good intentions, but sometimes communication company wide is still an opportunity to get better. We try to break out of our silos, but silos are still happening. I know we'll get there!

Advice to Management

Keep on going in the right direction! Sure, there are negative reviews, but don't let them get you down!! There are many happy faces at BV :)

Jun 11, 2015Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing! I am so happy that you love coming to work. We'll keep working at making company wide communication better and better.

Best Place To Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BancVue is a great place to work! The culture, values, and mission are more than just a plaque on a wall like other companies. The CEO truly appreciates and values every member of the team. The benefits are awesome, we have unlimited PTO, and great medical/dental/life insurance. The company takes care of their own with a fund to help out employees in need or struggling through a rough time. Opportunity is abundant. Hard work and results are recognized and rewarded with promotions, additional responsibilities, and raises. Managers take the time to develop their team members and aspiring leaders. This is the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

The managers are incredibly dedicated to the company and to their teams. Do they always get everything right? No. But the organization is transparent. They celebrate successes and share failures so they can learn from them. Don't let the few disgruntled detractors on this site deter you. BancVue isn't perfect, but they are a group of incredible people trying to do incredible things.

Advice to Management

The company is building incredible momentum. Keep up the good work.

Jun 5, 2015Chief Patch Officer

We are ecstatic that you enjoy working at BancVue so much! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and thoughts.

Some of the best (and worst) coworkers I've had.

Former Employee - Technology in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technology in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

Most of the employees are really cool
    Awesome culture
    Good benefits

Cons

A few bad apples in various departments made me cynical about the authenticity of the values that the company preaches.

Jun 4, 2015Chief Patch Officer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are stoked that most of your co-workers were really cool and that you found the culture to be awesome. We work hard at both and the ... More

Great mission and culture driven place to work

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very value and mission driven, which is great. I have seen several examples where very tough and expensive decisions were made to ensure we upheld our values and mission even when no one would have known differently. Benefits are great. There are tons of opportunity for volunteering, having fun with co-workers, and just plain being yourself. Employees are great. The work is challenging. Our clients are amazing people.

Cons

This is a fast-paced work environment that is open to adapting to situations quickly. If that is not your thing, then you might struggle.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You've built a great company and a great team. Continue listening to your clients and to your employees.

May 4, 2015Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep working to get better.

7. Technology

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people in general to work with; most teams worked well with each other and didn't have the infighting.

Cons

- CEO straight out of college
    - CMO CEO best friend
    - Daddy funded
    - Hard truths that don't meet politics are met with a pink slip immediately; without any reason or rhyme

Advice to Management

- Try working for yourselves for 6 months; you'll see how terrible it is to work under someone who only learned from college and their family without ever having the experience of being the hands on person

- Loose the fanatic culture; it breeds negative competition and you openly state that you only want people who don't challenge

- Try going into the market and applying your skills under a manager; see how you do.

Jun 10, 2015Chief Patch Officer

We appreciate you sharing your perspective on working at BancVue. Transparency is important to BancVue, so we are glad that current employees and prospective employees can get different perspectives ... More

If the Prince is bad, you shouldn't flog the servant boy for punishment.

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

Well stocked kitchen; facilitated good opportunities to meet other employees through Bar Camps. There are a handful of 'good apples' who work there, but unfortunately they are outnumbered by the rotten ones.

Cons

The company changes direction every five minutes. Too many fiefdoms competing for the same resources. There is no unified missions, so depending on who has the power, they hire you, change their mind, and fire you. Just keep this in mind if you apply here. Also - they claim to be a technology company and have the quote, "Domination through Innovation" on their website, which is a load of hog wash. The current technology they use is not innovative and very out of date. The culture seems great when you start, but then you realize that the leadership team talks the talk, but does not walk the walk. Treating your employees right will contribute to the success of your company. Treat your employees like trash, that can easily be discarded, and it will impact your business success, or lack there of, as well. And be aware that management knows their profile on Glassdoor is generally poor, so they are encouraging long time employees, who benefit from the "friends & family" employment plan, to add positive reviews to help balance out the negative ones.

Advice to Management

Select your managers based on their professional merit. There are way too many exec level managers that appear to only be qualified for the job based on who they know or how they are related to someone at the company. And if these 'friends' fail at their job - they should be held accountable for their failures.

Jun 4, 2015Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your perspective. No matter the perspective, we treasure feedback and are always appreciative of it. I'm so glad you enjoyed the kitchen and ... More

Great mission and values!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, great people for the most part, lots of growth and changes.

Cons

Sometimes it felt like the company wasn't sure what direction it should go in or focus on so there were a lot of changes and it seemed like certain ideas weren't followed through on or thought through well enough. It was mostly due to growing pains and the state of the company at the time I think.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the health of teams given the relationships between team members so that management is more informed as to how the morale is affected overall team functioning. Not sure how it is now but with management being responsible for people on different teams, it made it difficult for managers to have clear insight into the functioning and health of the teams their direct reports were members of. There was a definite disconnect in this sense.

Copywriter

Former Employee - Copywriter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue

Pros

- Free food occasionally
    - Good health insurance

Cons

- Bizarre, paranoid, unsettling corporate culture
    - Incompetent, unhappy managers
    - Poor leadership from the top, down
    - Very bad salaries, way below Austin market (take heed, writers)
    - Sexism
    - Inappropriate religious references
    - Unwillingness to hire/retain qualified people
    - Employees are expected to ignore serious problems and keep a false positive attitude
    - Performance review plan is arcane and structured to make everyone look like an under-achiever
    - Raises are either nonexistent, or so tiny they're negligible
    - Unqualified corporate cheerleaders are given preference over talented, honest people

Advice to Management

Offer the kind of pay that attracts and keeps good people, or BancVue's work, and future sales, will continue to suffer. Replace middle managers with competent leaders. Get rid of the performance improvement plan process. It doesn't work. Rethink metrics for how long it takes to create a new website for your clients, because the current numbers don't add up.

11. GREAT place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Launch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Launch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance and the freedom to set your own path. You're never micromanaged, but you know that management and the team is availabile should you need them. You can't beat the culture!

Cons

If I had to say anything, it's that processes change a lot; however, you're well-informed of those changes and provided several online resources as well as accessibility to personnel. Your team is also there to always back you up and help.

Advice to Management

You've created a great culture with hard-working, fun-loving employees who believe in the mission. BancVue is one of the best places to work and I would recommend it my friends!

RSS Feed </> Embed