BancVue Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Great culture, great management, fantastic employees (in 5 reviews)

• Great vision and goal to save the struggling community banking industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • BancVue is still having growing pains (in 5 reviews)

• Espoused transparency but acted opposite (in 2 reviews)

1. Love this place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BancVue is a fantastic place to work. The people here are all very driven and passionate about what they do, and everyone you meet is more than willing to help get the job done. For example, my team recently experienced a technical issue that could have been a major headache for a current project, but other team leaders came together so that we had both an interim and permanent solution planned out and tested within a few days. The mission to help our clients win is evident in everything we all do. While we work with intensity and passion, BancVue also enables us to have personal balance with all of the benefits and perks available to us such as PTO and WFH options. People's outside passions also tend to have a life within these walls as evidenced by BancVue's many bar camps and fundraisers.

Cons

The open floor concept can be a little overwhelming and distracting at first, but you can find areas or rooms to get some quiet time if necessary.

Advice to Management

My advice to BancVue's management is to continue to facilitate opportunities for feedback and discussions. Keep on doing more of what we're doing now to create positive changes and adjustments.

Jul 28, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for your review of BancVue. It always makes me smile when we hear from people that love working here.

2. Great Place to Work

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of the company is not only something we talk about but we live on a daily basis. I have worked for several other companies, but this is the only one that has had a collective group of people that are all moving in the same direction. My immediate team as well as those throughout the company are all willing to jump in and lend a hand whenever possible. Our clients are our utmost concern

Cons

As hard as we try, we still run into the occasional issue of not having enough communication between departments. We need to continue to work on this as we grow relationships with our partners and try to give them the best client experience as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep the open lines of communication and transparency. It helps us all see the big picture and know where BancVue is heading.

Jul 28, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Watching people living our company culture on a daily basis is fun to watch. I'm glad that you see it and are a part of it as well. The challenge of keeping the right communication lines open is one ... More

3. Marketing Project Manager

Current Employee - Marketing Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team leadership, and a strong team that can execute strong marketing plans. People really care about their clients and making them successful.

Cons

Need to get more analytics and general market strategy, as well as testing new tactics as they come available in the industry.

Advice to Management

Talk more to the day-to-day teams that manage clients before selling things to clients, so all internal teams are aligned upfront.

Jul 28, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for both the kind words and the words of advice. We'll continue to do a better job at testing and using our whole employee base to solicit ideas and encourage alignment.

Innovative Benefits/Bad-Ass Mission

Current Employee - Retail Experience Development Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Experience Development Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working for this company! First of all, the mission is awesome. Taking down America's powerhouse banks? Sign me up. The products really are THE BEST in banking today. No one else can compare. Also, this mission supports local banks - who already have the best service! Equip those banks with products that kill corporate banking on Wall Street and you had me at hello. Second - benefits are the best I have ever had. You will work hard, but work/life balance is not just an idea here. It's a reality. Unlimited PTO is one of those factors that make it innovative. Another are the fun activities that are set up to make life great. I enjoy running and I was able to participate in an overnight relay with my coworkers that covered 92 miles. Not only was it paid for, but the leadership here rented 2 RV's for us to ride in between relays. The CEO himself stayed up until 4:30am to cheer us on as we passed one of the final legs of the relay. There are ultimate Frisbee clubs, musical clubs, social networking events. I could go on and on.

Cons

Because the company and the idea is so new, clear paths to promotion are not established, however I can say with certainty that internal promotions are frequent. They might be across departments but they are clearly promoting hard workers from within.

Advice to Management

Great job focusing on making this an enjoyable work environment.

Jul 13, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for the kind words. It is awesome to hear how much you enjoy working here. I also appreciate the constructive feedback. As we continue to grow, we will continue to work with everyone on ... More

BancVue a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is the greatest place to work. I absolutely love our patch values.

Cons

There is not much I would change with this company.

Jul 13, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks! I too love the patch values and how hard everyone works at living up to them.

Really learned a lot in my internship/ part-time employment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue

Pros

Really great people, Friday happy hours, wonderful managers, trust in competence of employees, lots to offer in terms of experience

Cons

I worked on MANY projects that I found out were not even necessary by the time they were completed either that or they were never used by the employees they were built for. When I was assigned the projects, I was told that they were very high priority and part of the main business goals of the company. Come to find out, they apparently weren't that important.

Advice to Management

While it seems that the open forum of communication between management and employees is beneficial, care should be taken that the right goals are being addressed in the most efficient way.

Jun 25, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for both the positive review as well as the constructive feedback. We'll continue to work on our alignment and making sure that each project we initiate ties directly to our main company goals. ... More

Work, Culture, Love

I have been working at BancVue

Pros

I love coming to work everyday! I haven't always had work that I can say that about. There is a true sense of caring along with intensity of getting stuff done. This is a business, so of course decisions have to be made that ultimately will create profit. Having said that - I have never been in a workplace that balances culture, values, mission, along with making a profit. The patch (our values) is interwoven in all we do. It's part of the vernacular. That requires true top down, bottom up commitment. We are given so many opportunities for growth and learning outside of our regular role/job duties. We are also given opportunity to be vulnerable and make mistakes. I have been able to stand up (in fact we are obligated to do so) and speak my mind - sometimes in direct conflict of upper management. I have never been shut down or been retaliated against. I've either gotten a no, and this is why or a yes, great idea! This type of behavior fosters growth and trust. Which ultimately makes me a better overall employee who is dedicated, loyal and wants to be my best. I asked a new hire the other day how she was liking the new job. She said she was in the elevator with the CEO and he introduced himself b/c he noticed that she was new. She said he was genuinely interested in learning about her. She said she was surprised that in a company of 300 that the CEO would one; notice a new person, two; would introduce himself, and three; care to learn more about her. Now, really, how many companies have CEOs that do that? Taking time to slow down and show you care goes a really long way.

Cons

I believe there are good intentions, but sometimes communication company wide is still an opportunity to get better. We try to break out of our silos, but silos are still happening. I know we'll get there!

Advice to Management

Keep on going in the right direction! Sure, there are negative reviews, but don't let them get you down!! There are many happy faces at BV :)

Jun 11, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing! I am so happy that you love coming to work. We'll keep working at making company wide communication better and better.

Best Place To Work!

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BancVue is a great place to work! The culture, values, and mission are more than just a plaque on a wall like other companies. The CEO truly appreciates and values every member of the team. The benefits are awesome, we have unlimited PTO, and great medical/dental/life insurance. The company takes care of their own with a fund to help out employees in need or struggling through a rough time. Opportunity is abundant. Hard work and results are recognized and rewarded with promotions, additional responsibilities, and raises. Managers take the time to develop their team members and aspiring leaders. This is the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

The managers are incredibly dedicated to the company and to their teams. Do they always get everything right? No. But the organization is transparent. They celebrate successes and share failures so they can learn from them. Don't let the few disgruntled detractors on this site deter you. BancVue isn't perfect, but they are a group of incredible people trying to do incredible things.

Advice to Management

The company is building incredible momentum. Keep up the good work.

Jun 5, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

We are ecstatic that you enjoy working at BancVue so much! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and thoughts.

Some of the best (and worst) coworkers I've had.

Former Employee - Technology in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technology in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

Most of the employees are really cool Awesome culture Good benefits

Cons

A few bad apples in various departments made me cynical about the authenticity of the values that the company preaches.

Jun 4, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We are stoked that most of your co-workers were really cool and that you found the culture to be awesome. We work hard at both and the ... More

Great mission and culture driven place to work

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very value and mission driven, which is great. I have seen several examples where very tough and expensive decisions were made to ensure we upheld our values and mission even when no one would have known differently. Benefits are great. There are tons of opportunity for volunteering, having fun with co-workers, and just plain being yourself. Employees are great. The work is challenging. Our clients are amazing people.

Cons

This is a fast-paced work environment that is open to adapting to situations quickly. If that is not your thing, then you might struggle.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You've built a great company and a great team. Continue listening to your clients and to your employees.

May 4, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep working to get better.

RSS Feed </> Embed