BancVue Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
3.3

Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Great culture, flexible working schedule (in 5 reviews)

• The company provides a well-equipped break room (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any rapidly growing company, there has been a lot of work that has skewed the work/life balance recently (in 4 reviews)

• Company is experiencing the growing pains of transitioning between a start up and a more formal company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Best decision I've made!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at BancVue full-time

Pros

The company values, people, benefits and mission to win are some of the reasons I'm inspired to come to work every day. It's a family friendly company, great location and so many thoughtful resources and opportunities that I've never experienced with other companies. They don't just talk the talk. They want their employees to be happy and they show it.

Cons

Silos need to be broke down to allow for better communication and team work.

Keep fighting the fight. Continue to inspire and hire great talent. Lead by example and the phalanx will be better for it!

Great company, great mission, great accomplishments.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, a mission worth fighting for, relaxed environment, excellent management, flexibility to accomplish the mission the best way it can be accomplished.

Cons

Tough decisions like, "Do I drink my free beer or head off to use my free gym membership?"

One of the things that drew me to the company was the audacious attitude of executive management :) Keep it up!

"Cult"ure above all else

I worked at BancVue

Pros

The front line staff are hard working. If you are extremely religious, you will find many like minded individuals at this place. It's a great place for young moms who need to work but require flexible hours to focus on their young.

Cons

Young, Inexperienced "leaders" are chosen by upper managent so they can be easily controlled- highly manipulative measures all around. Department Managers don't have the same or even better skills than their direct reports because they are "people managers." Spouting/preaching the company's core values are the keys to success-not performance. The CEO has checked out and turned the place over to his COO. With two opposing views to business, the CEO's lack of confidence in himself (and his decision making skills) has lost out to the experience of the COO, which includes a long stint at Enron. The CEO is still the face of the company for obvious reasons.

1) Focus. This place changes course every few months. The CEO should just admit he's turned the company over to the COO who is making them truck loads of money. 2) Use some of the company's profits to give your staff annual raises-it's shameful that some folks haven't gotten a bump for 5 years. 3) Evaluate employees on their actual job descriptions-what you hired them to do-not what additional role you decide to give them this month. The 80/20 rule takes on a whole new meaning at this place. The 20% who are doing all the work are almost always doing "extra" work to meet the company's goals, which translates to doing more than one job. Everyone else cruises in and out as they please with zero retaliation for employees bad mouthing their bosses for asking them to do their jobs and pick up some of the slack. It's more advantageous to be mediocre in this place than to speak up and try to make things better. 4) The C-level folks keep Recycling, Repackaging and Refining from their ivory towers (yes, some C folks work remotely) and calling it a "solve" to a problem. There is nothing innovative or creative about repositioning an idea to look good to your fellow C levels and E level minions. This way of checking off boxes is not productive just self serving. 5) Stop promoting your less than qualified friends. For a company who doesn't train entry level folks- there are more than a few top E executive who are "in training." That's code for we created phantom jobs to give them more money.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesomely awesome.

Former Employee - Front End Developer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great management, fantastic employees.

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive, but the rest makes up for that.

Really great place to work!

Current Employee - Product  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time for more than a year

Pros

people and the mission, and the culture

Cons

the same as everywhere else - shifting priorities, not enough resources, conflicting projects, knee-jerk reactions, complex infrastruture

pick three top things and focus on those. but, if each of those three things have 100 things to get done on the same timeline, that's 300 things. you have to consider the trees sometimes when you're working on a forest.

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing Director
    Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at BancVue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most hardworking people on the planet.

Cons

The company is run by "college buddies" and "old coworkers." People are consitently being promoted and demoted. It makes everyone nervous to even want a promotion.

Good company to work for

I have been working at BancVue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has a fun environment and senior management is open and honest. People work hard but also know how to enjoy themselves.

Cons

Unfortunately some lower level managers care more about looking good in the eyes of senior/upper management than for the well being of the employees under them. Also, there is no additional training to sharpen the skills you already have or to add to them and you end up getting stuck not learning anything new.

Truly seek to understand without making assumptions.

Great, caring company with good people at all levels. I have never worried about getting treated unfairly here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company cares about its people. Solid benefits, great culture, and transparent leadership.

Company has well-communicated and generally respected values. Leadership is held accountable for the well-being of individual contributors.

Cons

There are some organizational growing pains as work is shifted from one department to the next. Some departments feel this more than others.

Work ratios fluctuate as the company tries to react to growth.

Don't lose track of your core values.

Consider over-investing in people in order to keep the talent you have, while allowing you to get ahead of the curve on product and marketing ideas instead of continually playing catch-up.

Passionate Growing Company

Current Employee - Regional Director  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at BancVue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Passion is a great descriptor for BV. They are passionate about their client's success, passionate about being best-in-class, passionate about working hard and pushing the envelope, and passionate about their mission to make a tangible impact on an industry. The company is young (years in business, average age of employees, and average age of leadership) which makes it agile, fearless, and have a bit of a swagger. Having worked for companies with 15 employees and companies with 3,000 employees, I've found BV to be an exciting place to work and as fair and transparent as a 300 employee company can be. Like any company, you'll find the occasional bad nut that ends up being a squeaky wheel, but employee satisfaction is high and the vast majority of the team is fired up about and laser focused on delivering results. BV has had it's stumbles and the leaders don't get it right every time, but they strive to hold true to the values the company was founded on. This company WILL achieve it's goals and WILL change the banking industry. I'm contacted regularly by recruiters and can honestly say there's no where I'd rather be.

Cons

Some of the same pro's can also be their con's... they are passionate and they are young. They have had missteps because they acted too quickly. They will probably have more. That said, if I had a choice between a company that never dropped a ball because they never took any chances and a company that has a specific audacious destination in mind. I'll jump on that later train every time.

Lead on. Don't lose your edge or the fire in your belly.

BancVue has created a great niche with community banks and credit unions.

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

Great culture, flexible working schedule.

Cons

Constant changes and not a lot of opportunities to move up.

Worked for BancVue? Contribute to the Community!