BancVue Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Great culture, great management, fantastic employees (in 5 reviews)

• Great vision and goal to save the struggling community banking industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • BancVue is still having growing pains (in 5 reviews)

• Espoused transparency but acted opposite (in 2 reviews)

1. Great to be a part of this team!

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We have a market that needs us. We have an awesome vision we've been driving towards, and we're picking up steam! We have company values (Interdependence, 5-Star Leadership, Love, and Badassitude!) that we actually work by — especially our leadership. We have a Love Fund that we can donate to that has helped (hundreds of?) our coworkers in times of personal need. It's great to be a part of this team!

Cons

We have a lot of moving parts. We provide our clients with technology, design, training, marketing, and support. Learning how it all fits together, and knowing who to talk to to complete a task can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Simplify when possible — less is more, especially now that we're scaling up fast. Work on bringing functional teams closer together.

Sep 2, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Your advice is sound. I appreciate you sharing your perspective.

Proud of Our Company

Current Employee - Salesperson in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The mission is real and people for the most part are proud to support the little banks and credit unions that do a lot more for their communities than the mega banks do. The culture is very strong, but I don't call it "good". "Good" is subjective and will be different for each person. It's perfectly reasonable for a great person to find our culture to be a poor fit for them, but that's always the risk of having a STRONG culture. It means you aren't trying to be all things to all people. It takes a special kind of person, more of a self starter, to thrive here. And that's not for everyone, but it works for me and the vast majority of my coworkers. Benefits are solid. Work Life balance is good for most positions (but there are some that have unequal share of the load - and that's an area to improve). People are genuinely respected. While there are always cases where any company will miss the mark, the management team is overall very concerned about respecting the dignity of every employee.

Cons

The company's aspirations are BIG and finding resources to address the opportunities is sometimes hard. Though, I think we've gotten better about prioritizing things so this is at least a smaller (though not nonexistent) issue. As I mentioned above, there are pockets of teams w/ Work/Life Balance problems.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on K1K. Avoid distractions. Fix the pockets of uneven workload and culture fit. Keep believing in the team to deliver results. We will.

Aug 27, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for your perspective. I like your comments regarding culture and how whether or not someone will like it depends on fit. Thanks for also providing some good constructive feedback. We will ... More

I truly enjoy coming to work.

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been lucky to be part of such a great team for the last few years. We are a driven team who sets realistic goals and succeeds. Management does a good job of empowering employees with the resources needed to succeed. We work hard and we play hard. The company is willing to spend the resources to strengthen employees. This includes many forms of continuing education. Other Pros: We are profitable. Let me say that again. We are profitable. Great culture Unlimited Vacation (That means we have a great work life balance.) Love Fund (We help employees and family in times of need) Gym reimbursement We work on current technology Free snacks 401K matching

Cons

The elevators are slow. Really that is about it. Don't get me wrong. We make mistakes. The difference is we learn from the mistakes and move forward. I've read other reviews that talk about how bad it is. I would be interested to see if those people took responsibility and communicated their concerns to those who could fix the problem. Its easy to be critical and complain. BancVue fosters open communication. Working to solve the problem is badass.

Aug 21, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

The elevators are not only slow, they scare me a bit too. :) That is why I choose the stairs most of the time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Badass Culture

I have been working at BancVue part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working for Bancvue for a few years and can't say enough great things about thiscompany. I work with the best people and feel very spoiled by the perks that are offered here. Too many things to list, but this is not your average place to work...

Cons

My only complaint is, as a part-timer, I do not receive the gym membership perk. See?? I'm spoiled.

Advice to Management

Keep making BancVue badass.

Aug 19, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your perspective. We want every Spartan to feel a bit spoiled. :)

6. Staff Accountant

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and amazing benefits in a creative environment.

Cons

Fast paced environment and high expectations

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 20, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the company!

My perspective after a few years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*The culture is real, and the leaders really believe in it and care about how employees are treated *After a few recent departures and additions, the senior leadership team is very strong *If leadership acts in ways that run counter to the culture, you can call them on it *It's a mission-driven business - most of us truly believe in the mission and really care about the customer *I work with several teams, and they're full of smart people I genuinely enjoy seeing every weekday - it's the best job I've ever had *Benefits are great (other than low 401k matching); PTO is very flexible as long as you're productive; and salary equity is steadily improving *If you prove yourself through performance, there are opportunities to move up and into other roles *The business is achieving great results - the next few years look really bright

Cons

*Performance standards can be inconsistent, and it sometimes takes awhile for low performers to be held accountable. This seems to be improving, and the overall performance level is high. *There's still an issue of uneven culture - some teams aren't integrated with the company culture as well as other teams, and the company's big enough (about 300 people) that there will be people you never really meet. *The business is complex, and it's tough for many employees to see the full picture unless they have access to more strategic conversations. *Pay is uneven - some departments are way above the Austin norm, and others slightly below. But the company is steadily addressing this issue.

Advice to Management

BancVue is moving in the right directions, internally and externally.

Aug 17, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for sharing your perspective, both the pro's and con's! We will keep working hard on getting better and better.

Career Growth at a Badass Company

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You control your own destiny. BancVue is results driven. - Awesome environment to work in with a wealth of knowledge. - You get to wear as many hats as you would like (not in the sense that you must). You can learn other people's jobs, move laterally. - Tons of perks, unlimited PTO, healthy environment, tons of holidays.

Cons

- It can be hard to get resources when times are tough and the focus is not on your department. - There is a work life balance in the sense that when life happens you have time to take care of it, but the same thing with work. If one week you have a ton to do, you have to drive results, which may mean more time.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to individuals. They are the boots on the ground and know how something works. As much as we want something to be "done", it never is and someone has to keep cranking the wheel to keep things moving.

Aug 12, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thanks for your post and willingness to share your thoughts on BancVue and provide some great advice.

Company review

I have been working at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the investment that is put into each employee. I feel like a valued part of the company.

Cons

It's a longer commute for me. I would prefer to work from home, but this is working for now.

Aug 14, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

I'm glad you feel like a valued part of the company.

Best Place to Work in Austin

Current Employee - Executive Wingman I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Wingman I in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and people. Lots of BancVue Love. Tomorrow (Tue 8/11/15) is my one year anniversary.

Cons

It's always freezing in the office.

Aug 12, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Happy one year anniversary! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. One day we will figure out the AC. :)

Director

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rank and file workers are the true gem of BV. You could not find better people.

Cons

Still moving around the same old managers, making the same old mistakes. Work life balance is a joke. Work 60 hours a week and try to find a home balance.

Advice to Management

First off, stop filling glass door with fake reviews, it is so easy to spot the fakes because you use the same formula over and over; lots of pros and some funny con. Second, stop saying you are something you are not, culture is important we all agree, but you use it as a weapon. You lure people in with the promise of a great culture but the only people supporting the claim are the rank and file. Manager and upper-management can't seem to be bothered with practicing what they preach.

Aug 27, 2015 – Chief Patch Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on your employment at Kasasa by BancVue. As I have said before, I think it is important to have various perspectives. I agree that the rank and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed