BancVue

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
3.6

Gabriel Krajicek

Pros
  • Great culture, great management, fantastic employees (in 5 reviews)

• This company WILL achieve it's goals and WILL change the banking industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any rapidly growing company, there has been a lot of work that has skewed the work/life balance recently (in 4 reviews)

• Company is experiencing the growing pains of transitioning between a start up and a more formal company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Passionate and innovative place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO and executive team are passionate about what the company is doing and it shows very quickly. There is an excellent culture throughout the company. It embraces change and is always looking to stay ahead of the competition. My favorite aspect is the work/life balance that has existed for me ever since starting to work here. I take time off whenever I need it and am treated as an adult in this regard. I get my work done, but if I need a day to get some errands taken care of, I take it without any questions being asked.

Cons

Consistency from department to department. Allow many departments are great to work in, especially technology, there are a few departments that still run their business in an old non empowered factory line way. These have become fewer as more and more see how efficient empowerment can be.

The best place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The overall atmosphere from executive management all the way down is amazing at BancVue. This company has such a clear and caring culture. (Literally, one of the values is love.) While not entirely utopian (every company experiences growing pains) BancVue certainly takes every opportunity to value it's employees.

While the work can sometimes be repetitive, (it serves the banking industry solely) even that is enjoyable because I love my coworkers and managers. Everyone is busy and things can be terribly hectic, yet we all work together to work through things. The company even promotes personal development plans for its employees to encourage and enable its employees to develop skills and interests outside of work.

If I could work at Bancvke forever, I would. We'll see how that goes!

Cons

Salaries could be a little bit higher, but being that BancVue still runs like a startup, the salaries are not bad. Additionally the benefits, employee-directed PTO, and personal development make up for the slightly low salaries in spades.

Keep doing what you are doing! K1K!

Great Company & Culture

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great vision and goal to save the struggling community banking industry. Culture is top-notch and benefits are very competitive. BancVue really goes above and beyond to ensure employee satisfaction.

Cons

Frequent internal changes cause disruptions throughout every department.

Best Job in my life

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BancVue's culture is fantastic. I never worry about balancing work and family, because I know my employers will make it easy for me to take care of things at home. In the office the atmosphere is relaxed and fun. They constantly have events for all different interests. I really like gaming and started a group here to run gaming events, which BancVue actively supports. I love being at work.

Cons

Little to no retirement plan.

Lack strategic focus

I worked at BancVue full-time

Pros

Lots of youthful energy and excitement

Cons

Always changing direction of the company

Stick to your knitting

Best decision I've made!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at BancVue full-time

Pros

The company values, people, benefits and mission to win are some of the reasons I'm inspired to come to work every day. It's a family friendly company, great location and so many thoughtful resources and opportunities that I've never experienced with other companies. They don't just talk the talk. They want their employees to be happy and they show it.

Cons

Silos need to be broke down to allow for better communication and team work.

Keep fighting the fight. Continue to inspire and hire great talent. Lead by example and the phalanx will be better for it!

Great company, great mission, great accomplishments.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BancVue full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, a mission worth fighting for, relaxed environment, excellent management, flexibility to accomplish the mission the best way it can be accomplished.

Cons

Tough decisions like, "Do I drink my free beer or head off to use my free gym membership?"

One of the things that drew me to the company was the audacious attitude of executive management :) Keep it up!

Awesomely awesome.

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at BancVue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, great management, fantastic employees.

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive, but the rest makes up for that.

"Cult"ure above all else

I worked at BancVue

Pros

The front line staff are hard working. If you are extremely religious, you will find many like minded individuals at this place. It's a great place for young moms who need to work but require flexible hours to focus on their young.

Cons

Young, Inexperienced "leaders" are chosen by upper managent so they can be easily controlled- highly manipulative measures all around. Department Managers don't have the same or even better skills than their direct reports because they are "people managers." Spouting/preaching the company's core values are the keys to success-not performance. The CEO has checked out and turned the place over to his COO. With two opposing views to business, the CEO's lack of confidence in himself (and his decision making skills) has lost out to the experience of the COO, which includes a long stint at Enron. The CEO is still the face of the company for obvious reasons.

1) Focus. This place changes course every few months. The CEO should just admit he's turned the company over to the COO who is making them truck loads of money. 2) Use some of the company's profits to give your staff annual raises-it's shameful that some folks haven't gotten a bump for 5 years. 3) Evaluate employees on their actual job descriptions-what you hired them to do-not what additional role you decide to give them this month. The 80/20 rule takes on a whole new meaning at this place. The 20% who are doing all the work are almost always doing "extra" work to meet the company's goals, which translates to doing more than one job. Everyone else cruises in and out as they please with zero retaliation for employees bad mouthing their bosses for asking them to do their jobs and pick up some of the slack. It's more advantageous to be mediocre in this place than to speak up and try to make things better. 4) The C-level folks keep Recycling, Repackaging and Refining from their ivory towers (yes, some C folks work remotely) and calling it a "solve" to a problem. There is nothing innovative or creative about repositioning an idea to look good to your fellow C levels and E level minions. This way of checking off boxes is not productive just self serving. 5) Stop promoting your less than qualified friends. For a company who doesn't train entry level folks- there are more than a few top E executive who are "in training." That's code for we created phantom jobs to give them more money.

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing Director
    Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at BancVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most hardworking people on the planet.

Cons

The company is run by "college buddies" and "old coworkers." People are consitently being promoted and demoted. It makes everyone nervous to even want a promotion.