Banco Itaú

Be The First To
Add Photos

Banco Itaú Vice Chairman, President, and CEO Roberto Egydio Setubal

Roberto Egydio Setubal

As a manager I usually was envolved in many subjects of the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsSalary, benefits, culture of the company.

ConsEverybody work more than 8 hours a day.

Credit Risk Modeling (HQ), it's great

Intern (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsAwesome people, lots of stimulus for learning stuff (you often got paid to watch academic presentations), good salary with lots of benefits. Hours are OK depending on what exactly you do. People got promoted a lot. Management was great.

ConsIt took a reeeally long time for people to reach management roles. Most managers were folks who went through the bank's "trainee" program and, afterwards, worked as analysts for 8-10 years. That's understandable since the company's so huge.

13 of experience, from contact center operator to Project Analyst

Project Analyst (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsSalary, benefits, trainning, team work

ConsDifficulty to develop a carreer

Advice to Senior ManagementChange to a skill based management, with a better use of employees skills

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a good Experience.

Teller (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsThe Profit Sharing is good. Has a good medical benefits. It´s a part time job.

ConsWork is stressful, managers with much difficulty handling under pressure. The parameters for evaluating employees of agencies poorly distributed between assessment indicators.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop managers with greater ability to lead not only manage people

Valuable

Investment Advisor (Current Employee) Santos, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsGood pay, good opportunities to move up.

ConsHigh pressure sales culture is a barrier.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up doing a great management work you're doing!

Challenging Enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmerging LATAM bank with opportunities in many different areas. Starting to get global recognition

ConsBank is becoming too large to practice real meritocracy and overlooks many serious problems with middle management and even senior management.

Good place to start your career, but not so good to get promoted

Project Management Intern (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsChallenging corporative environment which makes you get in touch with all sorts of people. One of the best internship programs, with an extense range of courses.

ConsOld employees usually oppose to innovation-based solution to the challenges the bank faces, which could make you work hard to get few results.

Advice to Senior ManagementItaú is a huge banking, which makes communication between different areas a real challenge. Having a boss with great communication skill could help his team to archive more goals

Great company!

ProsLots of challenges and growth opportunities. VP's were visionaires and young managers full of energy!! You can always move around and the business units have a lot of flexibility!

Consoutdated middle management. Superintendent were not up to the challenge and directors were getting old. Company could benefit a lot from a flatter structure!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo for your MBAs

Good place to start

Intern (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros- Welcoming enviroment
    - A lot of analysts spots

Cons- Too big; easy to go unnoticed

Good place to work where hard work is recognized with great compensation!

Front Office Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsSmall team, muti-cultural environment, great middle management, centrally-located in the middle of the city, I learned a lot.

ConsIs closing down operations. Other opportunities within the group are not published internationally with no central HR department. Difficult to get the attention of HR Management, even when looking for opportunities within the group at other locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake information about opportunities in the group available to all employees and provide assistance when good people try to find their own opportunities. Break down the walls that segment the HR Managers in the different business units.

Worked for Banco Itaú? Contribute to the Community!