Banco Popular De Puerto Rico

Great Benefits

Former Employee - Product Officer in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Product Officer in San Juan, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico

Pros

The company culture is amazing. They are very pro-family. The benefits are amazing and they have allot of family activities. The company is like a community.

Cons

The salary in Popular is not competitive. The salaries in banks of Puerto Rico is not as high as in other places.

Consider being more just with salary. I used to manage a huge product in the company and was payed less than an intern.

Excellent workplace and career development experience

Current Intern - Industrial Engineer in San Juan, PR
    Current Intern - Industrial Engineer in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and workplace environment. Team work and proactivity is highly valued. Very flexible with its employees.

Cons

Could offer better compensation at certain levels. Pay rates tend to be lower than rest of industry.

Best company to gain my first summer internship at.

Former Intern - Summer Intern in San Juan, PR
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in San Juan, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My position at BPPR helped me a lot to grow personally and professionally. The project I was assigned to was really meaningful and overlooked many of the divisions of the company, which helped me to understand what banking is all about. In addition, senior management and employees in general are extremely interested in seeing current students and recent graduates excel.

Cons

I did not face any negative situations during the length of my internship. It was a voluntary summer job, so I am not familiar with compensation and time-off policies.

Keep showing interest in young people! As an intern, I felt more confident in doing my job when senior management showed interest in my success.

Great place to work and get experience.

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you really want a place where you can develop your career in banking, this is your place. They have a development center dedicated fully to teach and enhanced everyone.

Cons

I can't really say that there are any cons here.

It's and incredible place to work with an excellent organizational culture that fosters professional growth and development if you're willing to put forth your hard work.

Former Intern - Management Trainee in San Juan, PR
    Former Intern - Management Trainee in San Juan, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

You grow professionally and it has good benefits.

Cons

It's a high pressure environment and highly hierarchical

It can benefit from some "trickle-down" involvement from management

Worked there for almost 15 years it is a learning experience but never got an opportunity to grow even though I was ready and have the capacity to do do so

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Juan, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, lot of holidays and state of the art environment and equipment to work with

Cons

Miserable salaries, limited growth all best positions are for the friends and the cousins and people who belong to the elite that have of influence but not the capacity to supervise very frustrating situation

To get more involve with the process of selection of people selected for positions that they are capable to handle they have no knowledge and no people skills

Good opportunity!

Former Intern - Intern in San Juan, PR
    Former Intern - Intern in San Juan, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience! As an intern, I got the opportunity to meet a lot of coworkers and learn from their knowledge and skills. Exposure to tasks was over my expectations and completely satisfactory in overall, as well as the final outcome of my internship.

Cons

Compensation might not be the best, though they offer many benefits; and work can be very time consuming in terms of the work-life balance.

The culture of the company is very warm since it feels like a big family, which was very nice!! Management should continue embracing that family/caring feeling.

Enjoyed the experience but it is not a career.

Former Employee - Teller in Carolina, PR
    Former Employee - Teller in Carolina, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning and skills development for handling cash, state and federal laws. Great responsibilities and prestige. Able to meet a lot of people and contacts.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive. Minimum wage salary when handling large amounts of cash on a daily basis, constant risk and being accountable for specific tasks. To get a monetary incentive for your productivity is almost impossible and the tiniest detail will count to not give it to you. Career opportunities are available to those who are best friends of upper management and not your qualifications or experience.

Bank Representative (or tellers) are the face of the branch to the customers. They should be the compensated accordingly considering the high customer traffic, responsibilities and safety risks on a daily basis.

Great company to build a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Juan, PR

I worked at Banco Popular De Puerto Rico full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Training, great opportunity for professional growth.

Cons

I dont really have any complaints of the management or the work environment.

A stable company very engaged with his country.

Current Employee - Collections in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Collections in San Juan, PR

Pros

Pros like good dental and health insurance, 401 k, a stable company.

Cons

Cons in this company salaries are low in comparison with others bank. Only administrative or management jobs have good salaries.

Consider to updates the salaries of regular employees.