Bancolombia

Add Photos

Bancolombia President Carlos Raúl Yepes Jimenez

Carlos Raúl Yepes Jimenez

Good Experience

Intern (Current Employee) Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)

ProsIt has a very people oriented policy, which creates a very healthy professional environment. They believe that the happier the employees are, the more afficient they will be, so little details like recognitions, prices, etc, are very used by the company.

ConsIt is a very stable company, so they aren't many opporunities to grow in a professional way. Vacants are very low, so climbing the hierarchically its almost a lost battle.

coments

Analyst (Former Employee) Medellín, Antioquia (Colombia)

ProsIts a good place to work depending on the area, if you are a developer or want a career in computer science maybe not the best place for you, all the development gets outsourced so you won´t get experience in that area.

Conshard to get promotions and to get a raise. Some managers are very disorganized in the IT area.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

Young, energetic, and interesting IT staff - glorious facilities - but long commute

QA Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Medellín, Antioquia (Colombia)

ProsI remember with pleasure all the people I worked with. I worked in their HQ building - THE most sumptuous, well designed working location of my many decades experience. Excellent cafeteria, striking artwork, I still remember vividly.

ConsIt's a long commute! It is hard to tear oneself away - last time I ended up spending twice as much time there as planned.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My first professional experience

Gerente (Current Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsIt's the biggest bank in Colombian Market and one of the most important companies in Colombia, with high range of professional opportunities in Banking Services

ConsIt still doesn't have an important international presence. Career Opportunities are good for low level jobs but no for medium-high level jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should focus in not only improve customer service but in employees careers.

Excellent, great company!

Director (Former Employee) Medellín, Antioquia (Colombia)

Pros1. Excellent benefits (healthcare, car insurance, loans and ongoing training and development).
    2. New and comfortable facilities.
    3. You got the chance to work with very smart and well educated coworkers.
    4. It is the biggest bank in Colombia and also Bancolombia is a strong and respected brand.
    5. Excellent opportunity for hard workers.
    6. Opportunity to move around to different areas and lines of business.

Cons1. Slow decision making process can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in virtual distribution channels (i.e. smartphone and internet).

Great life balance, not so great variable compensation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsSteep learning curve
    A lot to be done
    Growth Opportunities
    Great working environment

ConsNot clear career path, slightly under average variable compensation, top management positions centralized in Medellin

Good company, and is flexible

Supernumerary (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefist are very good, and is a huge company a the finantial sector in my country. Is very good work here.

ConsThe salary is not very high, and is very seriuos company, it needs more creative employes and be more lazzy

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to really know the business, and we need to do the things that we promise, also we have to improve the customer service.

A good employer

Manager (Former Employee) Medellín, Antioquia (Colombia)

ProsBancolombia is Colombia's largest Bank and has immense opportunities to keep on growing. This creates constant opportunities for its employees to grow with the Bank. The average employee is a good team player and in addition it has one of the most competitive compensation structures in the regional financial marketplace.

ConsIt can take to long to make important shifts on strategy. It is unacceptable to have the amount of unsatisfied clients this Bank has, and move so slowly to fix the problem. Senior management believes that a new IT system is going to get their productivity and client satisfaction on the rise, but from what I saw they are not familiar with the Murphy curve for IT implementations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should promote the training opportunities for its employees and highly compensate and reward those who go far and beyond from their comfort zones. Some highly talented employees prefer to resign and leave the Bank to pursue additional degrees. If the Bank didn't limit itself to just two programs that promote studies abroad, it would enhance the global mindset and talent of its work force. The costs of such a program are low, when compared to the high value the returning employees add to the company.

Worked for Bancolombia? Contribute to the Community!