Banfield Pet Hospital

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Banfield Pet Hospital President & CEO Tony Ueber

Tony Ueber

Pros
  • Benefits are good, discounts at petsmart and free wellness plans (in 38 reviews)

• Being able to work with animals, client relationships, learning experience (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can sometimes be a challenge when you are in leadership positions (in 13 reviews)

• Pay is absolutly terrible, Have to use PTO to get full time hours to get benefits (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun and Crazy!

Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsAwesome Coworkers (depends on store obviously, but i have great relationships and friendships with everyone)
    Great pay for an entry level job, higher than min wage
    Base pay (12.50 and hour) for me in California
    Great benefits such as: free wellness plans for your own pets, partially/fully paid Vet Tech program if you were interested in moving up and becoming a vet tech (through penn foster), employee discounts from Petsmart and other companies.
    Flexible work schedule.

Consits a corporate company, so they will pressure Vets and managers when it comes to making more money $$$ and increasing production.

Lots of crazy angry people!

It can get very very busy when you have 10 people in lobby and you also gotta assess the people on the line on hold.

It can get understaffed sometimes, which makes everyone feel stressed.

Veterinary Assistant

ProsAs far as training, one of the best places to learn.

ConsSchedules can be grueling at times and not much room for advancement

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Place to work at their home office!

Client Financial Service (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsBanfield had great wages for call center work, with nice monthly bonuses. The managers for their Financial Services team had some stumbles, but by the end it was fantastic team that I was sorry to leave.

ConsNot much interaction as a team, you would get off the phones on average once a week for a 20 minute 'huddle' and even that was introduced after I joined. You're there for one thing, to make money back or the company. Very hard to move up in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps bring some interaction to your team a little more? They were working on it when I left though.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

na

Prosproviding health care for dogs.

Conswork life balance. not compensated well.

Advice to Senior Managementna

The atmosphere of this job is absolutely great.

Pet Care Assistant (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsGreat coworker relationships, enjoyable work environment. Provides wellness plans for up to 3 pets that you only pay tax on, which is around $3-5 a month compared to $30

ConsCannot request off during the first 90 days of employment, however can switch shifts with someone if necessary.

Love this place!

ProsOur mission is phenomenal - Helping pets live longer lives! Our practice has grown and envolved, and the opportunities and benefits are amazing. We give back to the veterinary profession and the community, which makes me very proud.

ConsWe work hard! Our practice is growing so the work is exciting yet very busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for taking us on a path to a great culture - Don't waiver in keeping us on this journey!

Very corporate but good medicine

Veterinarian (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosgood benefits, good salary, pay for dues, good training

Consfocus on metrics more than patient care and quality of life

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the good employees

No collaboration on group projects

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCompany is on a good growth trend and pays their employees really well.

ConsNo collaboration amongst team members while working on team projects. People are very clicky.

Intentions are good, execution is horrible!

Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsWellness plans are great for preventative care and affordable.

ConsNO work/life balance. The corporate values make it hard to actually always do what's right for the pet and the client.

Veterinary assistant

Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGood place to work, it is nice to work with animals.

ConsThe only bad thing is the schedule. It is different every week, it is hard to get a day off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job.

Worked for Banfield Pet Hospital? Contribute to the Community!