Bangor Savings Bank Reviews

4.8

James J. Conlon

Great place to work.

I worked at Bangor Savings Bank

Pros

Big enough of a bank to be stable, small enough that you feel like your actually important. Great people, community feel.

Cons

I can not really even think of any cons to working at Bangor Savings Bank.

Great place to work, with great incentives to grow!

Former Employee - Teller  in  Bangor, ME
    Former Employee - Teller in Bangor, ME

I worked at Bangor Savings Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company treats everyone fairly and really appreciates the employees they have. If you work hard for them, they'll work hard for you. They have great employee incentives and events that make you feel like you're part of a family, not just a bank. They really strive for great customer service and customer relationships to make every transaction a meaningful one, for both sides.

Cons

The only real downside is the pay for tellers. Other than that, BSB is a great place to work.

I really enjoyed working there.

Former Employee - Summer Float Teller  in  Farmington, ME
    Former Employee - Summer Float Teller in Farmington, ME

I worked at Bangor Savings Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, Hours, people were great. They really take care of their people and provide a lot of opportunities to employees.

Cons

There were not any downsides to working at Bangor Savings Bank. Summer Teller Float position does require traveling but that is assumed with the Float position.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A professional institution with solid management.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Dover-Foxcroft, ME
    Former Employee - Teller in Dover-Foxcroft, ME

I worked at Bangor Savings Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is professional and friendly. The people are good and hard working and management smart and thoughtful. Great customer service is at the heart of BSB's mission.

Cons

Part-time tellers have difficult schedules that do not allow them to seek other employment i.e. working from 10:30-2:30pm one day and from 8am-12pm the next day. Additionally, top intellectual talent is not guided into more demanding roles.

Try to make the part-time teller positions easier for people who need to also hold another part-time job elsewhere. More aggressively huttle the best and the brightest into more demanding roles with the bank. Expand out of Maine - the business model is solid.

Proud to be a part of this bank!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Bangor Savings Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Bangor Savings Bank's core values with respect to excellence, its customers and its employees are more than just words on a placque. Continual emphasis on doing what is right for the customer makes it easy to be a member of the communities served. The Bank gives back to the communities through the Bangor Savings Bank Foundation and through various Community Matters More activities.

The Bank has been rated by its own employees as one of the top 5 Best Places to Work in Maine (large-group companies) in all four years it participated in the survey. The survey is voluntary for the employees and is totally confidential. The Bank has used the feedback report and comments from open-ended questions to continue to improve the employee experience.

Cons

It is very difficult to identify any true downside to working for Bangor Savings Bank. The one area that remains a challenge is that we want to improve products, systems and the customer and employee experience at a very fast pace (wanted it done yesterday) makes things very hectic and sometimes overwhelming.

Bangor Savings Bank is the only job I've worked for where I looked forward to getting up for work in the morning.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Teller in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Bangor Savings Bank

Pros

Great benefits package, weekly one-on-one meetings concerning progress and associate questions, fun and knowledgable staff, and the respect that tellers and bank employees receive is excellent. There is a reason BSB was voted one of the best places to work in Maine.

Cons

The starting pay for BSB is a little lower than other banks are paying, and moving up the ladder is somewhat difficult.

Encouragement to move up in our career could be focused on more.

Growing, but don't forget your greatest asset, your employees!

Former Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Portland, ME

I worked at Bangor Savings Bank

Pros

Commitment to its customers. Its growing faster than compitors. Nice portland office. Great employees.

Cons

Career growth, industry limitations, raises, state of maine, senior management, slow promotions

Realize the talent below you. Its not about the bottom line all the time. Make sure you reward your greatest asset, your employees.

Enjoy each moment, I am able to perform my job!!

I have been working at Bangor Savings Bank

Pros

THE CUSTOMERS, are why we have such an interesting job!

Cons

Not enough time in the day to take care of all!

Continue to acknowledge us!!

Worked for Bangor Savings Bank? Contribute to the Community!