Bank Associates Merchant Services Reviews

Dimitri Akhrin

1. Challenging, but warm environment

Former Employee - Junior Agent in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Agent in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People here are warm and welcoming. Leadership encourages learning, as there's much to master in the industry. Bonuses can vary, but very fair.

Cons

Line of work is challenging and may not be for everyone. Requires thick skin and the ability to learn. Dealing with merchants might sometimes be unpleasant.

Advice to Management

Starting the day off with something to boost morale; sometimes it's a dreadful day and we could all use a boost.

2. Revolving door

Former Employee - APP Business Consultant in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - APP Business Consultant in Coral Springs, FL

Pros

Team leaders are great. Good benefits

Cons

Management team is a disaster

Advice to Management

Get your act together

3. Great opportunity with a growing company

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot to like in working with this company. Since its still relatively small there is a lot of opportunity for everyone involved, both in terms of your position and getting your voice heard. Have a great idea? Theres a very good chance of it getting implemented! BAMS is very IT based having generated its own CRM and reporting system. When we the agents, the primary users, have thoughts on improvement typically a few weeks later you'll see it in action and available for use. The company as a whole has a pretty young, energetic staff so its easy to both stay motivated and enjoy your time at work. The CEO Dimitri Akhrin is very accessible and if you ever have something you want addressed or concerned about the door is open to speak. I can think of a few concerns I have that were resolved in a manner fair to everyone involved.

Cons

Like any MSP it can take a while to build a lucrative portfolio. This could be a concern for anyone new to the industry but if you can make it though the first few months its definitely worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep giving me those money leads!!

NO SECURITY , LIFETIME RESIDUALS ARE FAKE , COMPANY DECISIONS ARE CONTROLLED BY ONE PERSON , NO HR DEPARTMENT .

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to build Residuals , high compensation if you know how to ask for it .UNtill Dimitri AKHRIN takes it from you for a falsified reason .

Cons

Contracts are dead ends, contain many hidden verses which allow the owner to take your residuals if he deem you did something wrong . This decision is based on ONE PERSON so if you dissapoint him off good buy all those residuals . Lifetime residuals ??? no such thing you must close 3 accounts per month even when you dont work and if you dont the very first month you dont get your ENTIRE RESIDUAL CHECK . NO SECURITY AT ALL, NO LONG TERM POSSIBILITIES

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your employees instead of stealing their hard work and "lifetime residuals " because they fabricated some reason for you to get removed.

Bank Associates Merchant Services Response

Nov 19, 2013 – President

Our agent contractor agreements have clear ethics guidelines to ensure that all BAMS representatives engage clients with honesty and integrity. We invest time and resources to train and empower ... More

6. Talented team

Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for over a half year. So far, I like the company, the team and my work a lot. Unlike other merchant service providers, BAMS is mainly IT-driven and has its own platform-IRIS.The team I'm working with consists of young, energetic and intelligent people with teamwork spirit. Whenever I need help, they're not only supportive but capable of providing solution in timely manner. I enjoy seeing work get done and results get improved.

Cons

The company is relative small. However, it just moved into a big office with a lot space. In addition, the business is on track to grow in a stable and upward trend. So, the company will be much bigger in the near future.

7. A great work environment with fantastic compensation and strong leadership.

Current Employee - Operations Support in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Support in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at BAMS has been a wonderful experience in all aspects. To start the compensation is extremely fair and employees are rewarded and recognized for being outgoing and doing exceptional work. The company is extremely technologically advance and offers some of the most useful relationship management software I have ever used, this software helps maintain and retain accounts like nothing I have ever seen before. The company is run very well and management is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Just the other day one of our Support Specialists saved two accounts which wanted to close by explaining each fee the merchant was being billed and finding ways to save the merchant money without changing their rates or fees at all. In this complex and over crowded field of merchant services it is always important to work with a company which has the expertise and work ethic to guide its workers to success and this is what BAMS does everyday.

Cons

When I first started at BAMS the office was a bit small and outdated, this caused some noise issues within the office whcih was distracting and the space available and to do some work was tight. As of early in 2013 the office moved to a HUGE location around the corner and the new office is SOOO MUCHHH BETTER , definitely more than enough space to work and the environment is now quiet and bright.

Advice to Management

In my experience management does a great job and should keep up the good work.

8. Opportunity abounds

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Empowered employees and independent contractors. Excellent compensation for productivity. Highly technological and lean. Direct access to executive management for input and collaboration.

Cons

Can be very fast paced at times. Freedom to choose one's own pace could be overwhelming for some. Highly competitive environment may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Your new office is great but you need to spend time forming teams to offset the rapid expansion.

9. Excellent company for job growth and opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Working with Bams has been a great experience for the past 2 plus years. Initially my position was a junior agent. Working with my sales manager I learned a lot about the ins and outs of the credit card processing industry and used this experiences in order to become a senior agent. After transition into the senior account executive position my job growth was tremendous, I used my sales pipeline and made many new contacts and earned a great residual stream. The comp pays are great and till this day I am an extremely satisfied employee with Bams!

Cons

At this current time, I don't have any complaints about our company. Anytime I needed help with anything I always received the best support through upper management.

They kept me organized and motivated while I was building my portfolio.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

They offer service benefits that many competitors can't acommodate. They have transparent reporting so I can see exactly how my compensation works. I get paid on time every month. My manager actually picks up the phone when I need him.

Cons

Their is a lot of independent work that I need to take care of. I had to show that I was doing my own self sourced work before I received leads from the central office. Residual growth started off a little slow while I was building my sales pipeline. Now that it's built up though I have plenty of freedom.

Advice to Management

Please create a plan to have agents form their own teams so that I can help recruit in my area. It would also be nice to have a personal web page on the bams.com site

11. Educational, challenging and very rewarding

Former Employee - Field Agent
    Former Employee - Field Agent

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team here will arm you with every tool you will need to succeed in the industry. A strong leadership with years of experience and passion for the industry. Their online reporting tool, IRIS could be used by a baby. It's quick, intuitive and just incredibly handy to have with you if you are a caller or a field agent. As this is a sales environment you will be pushed succeed as quickly as possible. That being said this is not a cutthroat company. If you show promise and effort to be successful you will be supported and you will start to earn. The president of the company has an infectious character and deserves every success. He is hands on and I consider myself fortunate to have worked for him. The same goes for the whole team really.

Cons

No resting on your laurels here. You need to have the hunger to be successful or you will be left behind.

Advice to Management

Seriously have nothing to add here. Do 20 push ups!!

RSS Feed </> Embed