Bank Associates Merchant Services

Dimitri Akhrin

Challenging, but warm environment

Former Employee - Junior Agent in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Agent in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People here are warm and welcoming. Leadership encourages learning, as there's much to master in the industry. Bonuses can vary, but very fair.

Cons

Line of work is challenging and may not be for everyone. Requires thick skin and the ability to learn. Dealing with merchants might sometimes be unpleasant.

Starting the day off with something to boost morale; sometimes it's a dreadful day and we could all use a boost.

BAMS set me up for success!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

IRIS, the proprietary CRM software that BAMS uses, is the best in the industry, hands down. It is one of the top reasons I was able to become so successful at BAMS (the ability to offer rockstar rates didn't hurt either ;) ). IRIS and the benefits BAMS provides to merchants makes success almost fool-proof, if you are motivated. Also, Dimitri Akhrin (the CEO) runs his shop with heart, intelligence and dignity - which creates a company culture that cannot be beat. If it was't for the foundation I received at BAMS, the substance it was able to put on my resume and the glowing recommendation from Dimitri Akhrin himself, I would never have gotten to where I am in my career today (although no longer in the credit card industry, I am still collecting residuals!). Cannot say enough great things.

Cons

It can take a while at the beginning to bring on enough merchants in your portfolio to make a sizable living.. but once you do, it is MORE than worth it. $$$$$$

Keep doing you, guys! Miss the daily huddles!

Great opportunity with a growing company

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot to like in working with this company. Since its still relatively small there is a lot of opportunity for everyone involved, both in terms of your position and getting your voice heard. Have a great idea? Theres a very good chance of it getting implemented! BAMS is very IT based having generated its own CRM and reporting system. When we the agents, the primary users, have thoughts on improvement typically a few weeks later you'll see it in action and available for use. The company as a whole has a pretty young, energetic staff so its easy to both stay motivated and enjoy your time at work. The CEO Dimitri Akhrin is very accessible and if you ever have something you want addressed or concerned about the door is open to speak. I can think of a few concerns I have that were resolved in a manner fair to everyone involved.

Cons

Like any MSP it can take a while to build a lucrative portfolio. This could be a concern for anyone new to the industry but if you can make it though the first few months its definitely worth it!

Keep giving me those money leads!!

NO SECURITY , LIFETIME RESIDUALS ARE FAKE , COMPANY DECISIONS ARE CONTROLLED BY ONE PERSON , NO HR DEPARTMENT .

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to build Residuals , high compensation if you know how to ask for it .UNtill Dimitri AKHRIN takes it from you for a falsified reason .

Cons

Contracts are dead ends, contain many hidden verses which allow the owner to take your residuals if he deem you did something wrong . This decision is based on ONE PERSON so if you dissapoint him off good buy all those residuals .
    Lifetime residuals ??? no such thing you must close 3 accounts per month even when you dont work and if you dont the very first month you dont get your ENTIRE RESIDUAL CHECK . NO SECURITY AT ALL, NO LONG TERM POSSIBILITIES

Learn how to value your employees instead of stealing their hard work and "lifetime residuals " because they fabricated some reason for you to get removed.

Bank Associates Merchant Services Response

Nov 19, 2013President

Our agent contractor agreements have clear ethics guidelines to ensure that all BAMS representatives engage clients with honesty and integrity. We invest time and resources to train and empower ... More

Talented team

Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with the company for over a half year. So far, I like the company, the team and my work a lot. Unlike other merchant service providers, BAMS is mainly IT-driven and has its own platform-IRIS.The team I'm working with consists of young, energetic and intelligent people with teamwork spirit. Whenever I need help, they're not only supportive but capable of providing solution in timely manner. I enjoy seeing work get done and results get improved.

Cons

The company is relative small. However, it just moved into a big office with a lot space. In addition, the business is on track to grow in a stable and upward trend. So, the company will be much bigger in the near future.

Fast-growing company in exciting industry

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The owner, Dimitri, is very committed to the success of the company and his employees. Communicating with him is easy, he keeps and open mind, and he's always willing try to new ideas. The compensation is also very fair, and through hard work you can make a LOT of money.

Cons

None. My experience with BAMS has been very positive so far.

Just keep it up! :)

Opportunity abounds

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Empowered employees and independent contractors. Excellent compensation for productivity. Highly technological and lean. Direct access to executive management for input and collaboration.

Cons

Can be very fast paced at times. Freedom to choose one's own pace could be overwhelming for some. Highly competitive environment may not be for everyone.

Your new office is great but you need to spend time forming teams to offset the rapid expansion.

A great work environment with fantastic compensation and strong leadership.

Current Employee - Operations Support in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Support in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at BAMS has been a wonderful experience in all aspects. To start the compensation is extremely fair and employees are rewarded and recognized for being outgoing and doing exceptional work. The company is extremely technologically advance and offers some of the most useful relationship management software I have ever used, this software helps maintain and retain accounts like nothing I have ever seen before. The company is run very well and management is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Just the other day one of our Support Specialists saved two accounts which wanted to close by explaining each fee the merchant was being billed and finding ways to save the merchant money without changing their rates or fees at all. In this complex and over crowded field of merchant services it is always important to work with a company which has the expertise and work ethic to guide its workers to success and this is what BAMS does everyday.

Cons

When I first started at BAMS the office was a bit small and outdated, this caused some noise issues within the office whcih was distracting and the space available and to do some work was tight. As of early in 2013 the office moved to a HUGE location around the corner and the new office is SOOO MUCHHH BETTER , definitely more than enough space to work and the environment is now quiet and bright.

In my experience management does a great job and should keep up the good work.

Excellent company for job growth and opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Working with Bams has been a great experience for the past 2 plus years. Initially my position was a junior agent. Working with my sales manager I learned a lot about the ins and outs of the credit card processing industry and used this experiences in order to become a senior agent. After transition into the senior account executive position my job growth was tremendous, I used my sales pipeline and made many new contacts and earned a great residual stream. The comp pays are great and till this day I am an extremely satisfied employee with Bams!

Cons

At this current time, I don't have any complaints about our company. Anytime I needed help with anything I always received the best support through upper management.

They kept me organized and motivated while I was building my portfolio.

I have been working at Bank Associates Merchant Services

Pros

They offer service benefits that many competitors can't acommodate. They have transparent reporting so I can see exactly how my compensation works. I get paid on time every month. My manager actually picks up the phone when I need him.

Cons

Their is a lot of independent work that I need to take care of. I had to show that I was doing my own self sourced work before I received leads from the central office. Residual growth started off a little slow while I was building my sales pipeline. Now that it's built up though I have plenty of freedom.

Please create a plan to have agents form their own teams so that I can help recruit in my area. It would also be nice to have a personal web page on the bams.com site

Bank Associates Merchant Services Photos