Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union

2.5

Eli Vazquez

Great Place to Work and Grow for Diverse Candidates

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union

Pros

Great work life balance. I joined out of college and was really impressed with the amount of time off. The leadership was very supportive of growth opportunities. Able to apply for new roles after only six months. I found the HR Staff very helpful, and the 401K plan was amazing. Over 50% of all of the leaders were either a minority or a woman, so it was a place where I could see myself growing based on my abilities. As a minority, I would strongly recommend this place to others.

Cons

Training is less hands-on than I like, so most of my training was conducted on the job. Too many long time underperforming employees still in entry level jobs. They are bitter and a bad influence on new staff members.

Move the negative employees out of the company. They are not adding value and spend their entire day talking about how they have been wronged, instead of taking ownership for their own career development.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

The people really are nice no matter what area you are in. It's great to work downtown and be a part of the World Bank culture (although we don't work for the WB). The benefits are great, seriously the best I've ever had in any job. A lot of the younger employees who are just out of college don't know how good they have it.

Cons

Though the pay seems low to some, the year end bonus helps bring it up to match other companies. It's a small organization, so you have to hang in there and wait for the right position to open up in order to grow, but I've seen it happen a lot for friends. Good work gets rewarded here.

The cost cutting measures seem to be going to a bit of an extreme, though I admit I am not part of the management team who would know what happens in the budget meetings.

Bank Fund reminds me of the police department in Fergusson

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were good, but we're being changed. On a previous review some idiot stated that some individuals need to look in the mirror.......take your own advice. You are one of the people MOST folks on this sight are talking about. Management have a Paula Dean outlook on life........

If you really look at the history of management you will see it all. Most have committed affairs (internally) which explains how tight and committed they are and why certain individuals are being promoted...They turn good people bad, strong people weak, trustworthy to non trustworthy.

Cons

There are too many secrets being hidden for that organization to move forward. People don't do what is right or what is expected.....they do what THEY feel they need to do to keep their job. You have supervisors and directors having affairs. They think the staff did/does not know but they are sadly mistaken. Promotions are not based on hardwork.....its rather based on if management feels as if they can trust you to be corrupt

Take a good look at Congress because that is how some of your employees look at you. They really resent you but are to afraid to admit it. The truth will come out one day. All of the lies and corruption will all come out one day and you all (that are corrupt) will face the repercussions you put out there. You all were "trolling" around Breed, smiling in his face and look where he is now. The proof is out that several of you guys had A LOT to do with his demise....... Just because someone was fired does not mean they deserved it. Just because someone was let go because of poor performance does not mean they did not give their all. Staff is constantly let go but management remains the same........that's crazy!!

Management need to be replaced. The new CEO need to really examine his staff past and make changes from there. No Director should be allowed to have an affair with a supervisor........

This is a great place to work. The managers and human resources department DO care. They are kind and caring.

I have been working at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great environment. Great people. Great location in the city. Easy to get to.

Cons

People that are complaining on this post are folks that need to look in the mirror. Clearly, they have either been fired or are poor performers. Managers don't fire employees. Employees fail and they have to be let go.

Keep up the kind supportive style. There are one or two directors that need to be more hands on and involved. Additionally some decisions for key people seem to be made on who is friends with the COO.

Upper management apathic

Former Employee - Communications Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Communications Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starting benefits are good although they are cutting them more and more

Cons

Upper management treats employees as modern day servants

Wake up!! you already losing great talent and knowledge

Sucks

I have been working at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits! Benefits! Benefits! Benefits! Benefits!

Cons

Only those who are in the "In Crowd" get the opportunities. HR feels those who have been with the credit union longer should get the opportunities over those who may have more talent.

I had great hope in the new CEO ... I've been sorely disappointed.

It is a good entry level position, but limited growth opportunities

I have been working at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union

Pros

There are great benefits. For example 5 Weeks Vacation

Cons

There is limited growth opportunities.

Corruption at its best

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My colleagues were great! It was nice to work in an international environment and learn about different cultures.

Cons

Management, including HR, actively prevent those who are not the favorites from moving up within the company.

What goes around, comes around.

One Way Communication

Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Washington, DC

Pros

The benefits are very nice, particularly the insurance and the time off. Also, there are a number of people at Bank-Fund who still care. Sadly, many are leaving or planning to leave.

Cons

Oppressive atmosphere, intimidation tactics, no real concern about the employees, management does not want to hear new ideas or suggestions for improvement

Get new management... maybe some people who care. Also, if there is a strategic plan, employees should be able to contribute to it, or at least hear it. At a minimum, management should be living the plan. Company values? They are just words

Member Services Representative

Current Employee - Member Services in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Member Services in Washington, DC

Pros

Many days off, great poeple to work with

Cons

No chances to advance and grow within the company

Stop micro-managing