Bank Midwest

Thomas M. Metzger

Teller Supervisor

Former Employee - Teller Supervisor in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Teller Supervisor in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Bank Midwest full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits were good, such as vacation, Holidays off with pay, 401k program, in which they matched up to a certain percent. Medical insurance was affordable.

Cons

Meeting sales goals, especially in a slow period. When the bank is sold and we merge with others and changes are made throughout the institution such as benefits and our business name.

They were in the process of compensating for sales goals, but was not in place, yet.

No thanks

I have been working at Bank Midwest

Pros

??? None this company is only investore driven

Cons

Ridiculous challenge. Hard to live through

Ok

I have been working at Bank Midwest full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not the worst place to work. Have good core values, putting the client first.

Cons

Need to work on consistency, everything is different day by day... depeneding on which department wants to do that day.

Overall a good Place

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Bank Midwest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is considerate and nice in client services
    work independently
    clients are generally nice

Cons

strict schedule adherance
    hard to break through departmental silos
    system goes down one in a while

A company that no longer has integrity.

I worked at Bank Midwest

Pros

They have a good benefits package but they take a few benefits away every year. Example: they will no longer contribute their part of the 401k match for their employees until the end of the year and if your employment with them ends before the end of the year you get nothing.

Cons

To many to state them all but here are a few: they will only hire part time tellers with no benefits then schedule them full time and continue to give no benefits, if you complain they will say that you don't matter to them and if they don't fire you they will harass you until you quit. They are also systematically forcing out or firing all of the middle aged or older women that have worked for them for decades because 1. These women no longer fit their image 2. These women make too much money because they have so much tenure. They strong arm their employees to donate to charities through them so they can get the tax write
    Off. Again just a few cons.

Wake up! You have lost almost all of your loyal, talented employees and this is having a horrible affect on the quality of customer service that is being delivered and causing the development of a horrible company reputation. Appreciate your employees.

Good job

Current Employee - Teller I in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Teller I in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Bank Midwest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay and good hours

Cons

Not organized, nothing is set

Excellent place to work!

Former Employee - Non-post Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Non-post Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Bank Midwest full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, and work place environment

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Bank Midwest

Horrible Regional Managers

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Bank Midwest full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When able to give good customer service, the customers really appreciated you.

Cons

Company more worried about new sales than taking care of current clients needs.

Invest in good customer service associates to go along with sales people. Terrible regional managers are costing you good people.

Get off the Sinking Ship...

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Bank Midwest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very complete and thorough benefits package including low cost medical insurance, as well as vision and dental for next to nothing. Business casual attire which helps for comfort during long work days. Lots of promotional opportunities internally once your foot is in the door.

Cons

Crappy Servers (frequent crashes or delays on multiple software programs). Turning associates into shady "car salesman" type personas rather than well-rounded individuals concerned with providing great service (instead of "how many products can I talk this client into?"). Horrible pay scales (ask for a HIGH salary if you get an offer so that you can eventually meet in a spot remotely close to an agreeable number for you...I was ashamed of some of the offers they approved for me to give new employees--they REALLY take advantage if you don't know what a "typical" bank salary is. Extended weekend hours and continued "thinning" of staff make for poor quality of life balance.

Stop over-working and under-paying your associates. You preach about equal "e-scale" between clients and associates alike....but yet when it comes down to it, the associates are constantly being left high and dry. Associates quit...and to "save a buck" the position doesn't get refilled. FURTHER straining your remaining staff!!! You say you're "building a plane as you fly it"....guess what? Your plane is crashing. Step back from the over-stressed sales campaigns and so-called incentives and LOOK at your employees. They are TIRED. They are STRESSED. They are CONFUSED. Policy changes left and right with LITTLE notice or training provided. Regionals need to stop brown-nosing Senior Management and HR, and start spending quality time with their banking centers. Don't visit just when you have a quarterly review to perform, or a disciplinary action to hand out. Pay attention. You're abandoning your teams for the sake of chasing a dollar. We need you and you aren't there.

New Company Will Continue to Struggle Until OLD Bank Midwest Mgmt is Gone

Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Bank Midwest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Moving in the right direction now that a family that does not know how to run a bank is out of the picture.

Cons

The Family put a lot of personal friends into positions for which they are completely unfit. Until they are replaced by people who actually know how to do the job, we will struggle.

When reviewing your upper- and middle-management, "If they worked for "The Family" they need to work somewhere else."