Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Bethesda, MD

Updated May 14, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great management, great opportunities if you're willing to work hard.

Vice President (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThere's not much you can't do that's related to banking or finance here. It's a big place with a lot of opportunity. They may have had some hard times and bad press, but it's still got a great brand name, which can make your job easier. Everyone knows who they are.

ConsLike any large company, you have to learn how to "play the game." Yes, being good at what you do will take you placed, but you still have to actively manage your career and your path.

DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF!!!!

Teller (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsBanking hours and holidays off; Higher pay than regular retail jobs; Benefits and discounts are great. THat is about it.

ConsSales, everything is sales, even though the tellers get no additional assistance. We are at the bottom of the ladder. WE are the lowest paid. We do the most work! If you ask me, we are under paid for the stress that we got through daily!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your employees instead of worrying about your customers all the time

Horrible place to work

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsI cannot think a brighter spot but the fellowship on the work environment.

ConsNo good incentives. Stick rather than carrot approach. Old buildings, not even a water cooler.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust work harder to make employees appreciated

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!