Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 352 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home (in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it (in 138 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights
438 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Teller

Teller (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits, love working for the company, lots of upward movement

ConsManagement is clicky in the banking centers. "Goals" keep rising and become unattainable, so you can feel like you're failing, even if you are doing everything right. They always have something to "coach" you on, sometimes stretching it to find something. Teller positions are going away though, my current position is being threatened to go to PT or even away completely.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair. AM's should NOT be best friends with a teller/banker. Favoritism is abundant.

I learned a lot and was promoted quickly. No major compliants.

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits and financial rewards. In the past, you were able to try different roles.

ConsIt's so big and jobs are small and narrow. Doesn't translate well outside of the company. Lost in the crowd. They are downsizing constantly therefore, there are no opportunities to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some risks again and give people a chance to take on stretch roles.

Great place to work!

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat team environment, very well structured, highly intelligent and professional employees.

ConsExpensive to work uptown, between parking, gas and lunches.

Advice to Senior ManagementConvert more contractors to FTE's. Obviously they have the skills and experience you need, or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work/life balance, good coworkers and manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIt is a company that supports work/life balance although since the crisis that has taken a major hit. Work environment differs a lot depending on the group you are in.

ConsIt was stressful when dealing with difficult situations or projects, negligible company support, too quick to lay the blame without thinking about the problem and how to solve it first

Great place to work for

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsExcellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions

ConsRather unstable with much reduction in work force

Advice to Senior ManagementMore career development and career path conversations with employees.

It was a great experience learned alot

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Company, the open door polocies, every one was helpful

ConsCant think of any the time was too short

Advice to Senior ManagementLonger Contracts

Better than average, but bureaucracy and job security can be a challenge

Project Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBetter pay than smaller companies for most professional positions. Supportive environment in majority of the company for women, minorities, and LGBT.

ConsPromotions infrequent at higher levels. Layoffs. Employee satisfaction is not the top priority.

The 'highs' outweigh the 'lows'

Change Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWork-life balance was great. Many opportunities to work from home. Not sure if that's still the case. Compensation, benefits, and bank holidays were phenomenal.

ConsChange takes forever in a big institution. Nothing is ever quick, except of course, layoffs!

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the BRAND by starting with your employees. Regaining national trust will take some time after a myriad of unfortunate mortgage dealings, lawsuit settlements and bad press.

I have no issues.....

Loan Review Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLots of job opportunities, competitive salary, lots of positions allow work from home.

ConsThere are some bad managers at the company, just like at any large company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, BOA is a great company to work for.

Great company to work for

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsOpportunity for Career advancement. Management is always there to assist in helping you achieve career goals

ConsI do not have anything cons to list at this time.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!