Bank of America

Bank of America Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • The work-life balance can be better but most managers are pretty flexible with you(in 348 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it(in 137 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes(in 160 reviews)

434 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work for

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsExcellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions

ConsRather unstable with much reduction in work force

Advice to Senior ManagementMore career development and career path conversations with employees.

It was a great experience learned alot

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Company, the open door polocies, every one was helpful

ConsCant think of any the time was too short

Advice to Senior ManagementLonger Contracts

My experiences working with Bank of America.

SharePoint Site Developer (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery nice work environment and co-workers are all skilled professionals. Provides the ability to grow from within.

ConsSome managers are more accessible than others, when a team member needs to communicate potential issues. Also parking uptown to access assigned work locations are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementConvert more contractors to FTE employees rather than re-hiring as contractors on different contracts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Better than average, but bureaucracy and job security can be a challenge

Project Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBetter pay than smaller companies for most professional positions. Supportive environment in majority of the company for women, minorities, and LGBT.

ConsPromotions infrequent at higher levels. Layoffs. Employee satisfaction is not the top priority.

The 'highs' outweigh the 'lows'

Change Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWork-life balance was great. Many opportunities to work from home. Not sure if that's still the case. Compensation, benefits, and bank holidays were phenomenal.

ConsChange takes forever in a big institution. Nothing is ever quick, except of course, layoffs!

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the BRAND by starting with your employees. Regaining national trust will take some time after a myriad of unfortunate mortgage dealings, lawsuit settlements and bad press.

Great company to work for

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsOpportunity for Career advancement. Management is always there to assist in helping you achieve career goals

ConsI do not have anything cons to list at this time.

I have no issues.....

Loan Review Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLots of job opportunities, competitive salary, lots of positions allow work from home.

ConsThere are some bad managers at the company, just like at any large company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, BOA is a great company to work for.

Interesting

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat salary. Good morale. Nice people. Constantly updated on changes in the company.

ConsConstant layoffs and negative press. Training is terrible. Communication is horrible with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your people and promote a better work-life balance . Make your employees feel valued.

Not the best toward to end of my career, culture change for older workers.

Business Support Lead II (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSalary was good for this area.

ConsPersonal growth if someone liked you was good, if not, no growth or development opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementOlder workers are talented and loyal.

The good, the bad and the ugly...

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Proscompetitive salary and good benefits. I learned a lot of valuable technical skills as well as protocols and processes.

ConsOffice politics are brutal. While they promote the idea of work-life balance, they do not practice it. The cubicle size continues to get smaller - it's hard to concentrate in an environment when you can hear every conversation around you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou lead by example, so try to set a good example. Pay more attention to work-life balance issues. Learn to LISTEN to you dr.'s.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!